Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Voss and Tabs were pathetic. May as well not been on the field.

It’s not as if JL and match committee
went out of their way to select them?

It’s not by design we were missing our best forward, our best defender and our first ruck.

I get the frustration, but today’s loss hurts because of the accumulation of missed opportunities over the year. There’s no use placing the blame on a 31 year old veteran with a crook back who came off the rookie list, and an SSP selection in his first year with the club

Edit - sorry, thought I was in the autopsy thread, disregard and vent away

Last edited:
Well my hot blooded vent is that the retro jumper today did not much more than compound the disappointment of the result.

I know it’s fluff / a marketing schtick but for those of us who have been around for decades, watching that result unfold in that jumper felt like rubbing salt into the wounds of an already disappointing culminating loss

My vent about the retro jumper is everyone online saying we should bring it back permanently, no the **** we shouldn't.

Our current selection of jumpers is perfect, people need to let go of the relics of the past, the retro stuff is nice, but it's best served as a once a year nostalgia trip, it doesn't need to become our aesthetic again.

My vent about the retro jumper is everyone online saying we should bring it back permanently, no the **** we shouldn't.

Our current selection of jumpers is perfect, people need to let go of the relics of the past, the retro stuff is nice, but it's best served as a once a year nostalgia trip, it doesn't need to become our aesthetic again.
I agree. But i do have a soft spot our inaugral away jumper though. Wouldn't mind bringing that back for a game or two as an alternate clash jumper. It's also the only retro round jumper we've won in.

I know Tabs I cooked and shouldn’t be out there, but why did they sub him off? He was the only tall forward who clunkeda couple of important marks down the line.

Worner was shite, as was Voss, Sturt and FFS Jackson, take a contested mark you goose.

Taberner doesn't belong on an AFL list anymore, he did the best he could with the talents that he had, but he's a relic of a gameplan and play style of the past, we don't play in a way that is to his favour anymore, if he's not going to retire then delist him or trade him to a club that is desperate enough to take him.

Shouldn't one of our backup ruckman be in the emergencies if there is even a hint of doubt about Darcy/Jackson? Reidy has nothing more to prove at wafl level - can't imagine he would have been any worse than one of Taberner/Voss, he may have even surprised and shown a bit at the higher level

I’m at the point where I didn’t even watch the game , went out and enjoyed the surf and local footy

Last week was a deal breaker for me

If we don’t pick up a proven goal kicking forward end of this year this team can GAGF
I cant be bothered any more. This club has sucked enough money out of me over the past 30 years.

Shouldn't one of our backup ruckman be in the emergencies if there is even a hint of doubt about Darcy/Jackson? Reidy has nothing more to prove at wafl level - can't imagine he would have been any worse than one of Taberner/Voss, he may have even surprised and shown a bit at the higher leve
I'm with you 100% . I'm over using our Key Forward being used as a ruckman for any centre bounce down . Voss is not a Ruckman even at Peel . Why would we use him for Fremantle in a must win game .
Riedy should not have played for Peel if there was any doubt that Shawn Darcy was not going to be available. Riedy is an AFL ready ruckman . If he's not going to play when one of our 2 rucks are injured why is he on our list . What more can the guy do to get a game . Trust me he's out of contract at the end of the year . He will go the same way as Lloyd Meek and we will loose him . If we aren't going to use him in the ruck then get some forward coaching in to him so that he has a second string to his bow and he stays because we are giving him the tools to give us better cover in both positions . He's a big strong bodied guy that could be even more valuable to the team .

The team needs to do some serious work in the off-season if they want to be serious about winning a premiership in the next few years, a fair amount of passengers at this club, and quite a few people who are putting in the hard yards aren't getting rewarded for it.

Brodie is playing elite level football every single week in the WAFL, a very good chance for the Sandover Medal, and he still can't get selected? Erasmus is putting up great numbers, yet the best use for him is either being the sub or getting subbed off? We have our main ruck go down with injury and instead of debuting a genuine ruck who's been playing well in the WAFL, we replace him with an over the hill key forward in Taberner?

The decisions in regard to our list and the match committee are extremely baffling sometimes.
Erasmus and Brodie doing that, hard questions have to be asked.
The reason they’re out is the persistence with JOM. I’m over it. He’s not worth losing or pushing the two to Peel, with his junk 15-20 disposal game running defensive wing.

Fyfe should stay another year but the contracts !!

How the hell did we sign JOM to 4 years. He has a banged knee. Hawthorn were desperate to get rid of him. Another 2 years!

Darcy to 6.
Jackson to 5.

Gosh we’re a nice club.

Erasmus and Brodie doing that, hard questions have to be asked.
The reason they’re out is the persistence with JOM. I’m over it. He’s not worth losing or pushing the two to Peel, with his junk 15-20 disposal game running defensive wing.

Fyfe should stay another year but the contracts !!

How the hell did we sign JOM to 4 years. He has a banged knee. Hawthorn were desperate to get rid of him. Another 2 years!

Darcy to 6.
Jackson to 5.

Gosh we’re a nice club.
Ask yourself this, would JOM in the WAFL be performing at Brodie or Erasmus’ level?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EABOD kid. We absolutely should bring it back.

Can’t believe we were talking about the possibility of top spot a few weeks back.

It truly has been a wild, open season and it was ours for the taking but we ****ed it up and got ahead of ourselves

I hope we still make the 8. Any finals experience will be beneficial for this young group

Taberner doesn't belong on an AFL list anymore, he did the best he could with the talents that he had, but he's a relic of a gameplan and play style of the past, we don't play in a way that is to his favour anymore, if he's not going to retire then delist him or trade him to a club that is desperate enough to take him.
You can add Banfield. People love him on here but the reality is he is a part time competitor and wouldn’t crack the best 22 of the Cats at any point in 2024.

Basically 4 sides playing for 3 spots.

Freo - GWS Port
Dogs - North GWS
Hawks - Tigers North
Carlton - Eagles Saints

Dogs losing today give us another option of a team missing out.

GWS game is season on the line with the 3 direct teams chasing the 8 playing the bottom 3 sides.

Carlton may be the one that just fails to fire completely.

Either way we’ve made this much harder than it needed to be.

Win the past 2 weeks and we’d be 2nd!

Win the Hawks game and we’d be in finals.

You can add Banfield. People love him on here but the reality is he is a part time competitor and wouldn’t crack the best 22 of the Cats at any point in 2024.
Perfect example of the kind of player that has a long a career at a lower ranked club like freo. There is just no way he gets to 100 games under someone like Mitchell at the Hawks.
They started their rebuild after us but honestly they could win the flag this year. No baggage in the Brown and Gold guernsey too, unlike Freo.

Basically 4 sides playing for 3 spots.

Freo - GWS Port
Dogs - North GWS
Hawks - Tigers North
Carlton - Eagles Saints

Dogs losing today give us another option of a team missing out.

GWS game is season on the line with the 3 direct teams chasing the 8 playing the bottom 3 sides.

Carlton may be the one that just fails to fire completely.

Either way we’ve made this much harder than it needed to be.

Win the past 2 weeks and we’d be 2nd!

Win the Hawks game and we’d be in finals.
I think you can just about pencil in Hawks for 2 wins there. They are not losing to either of those two sides.

Well my hot blooded vent is that the retro jumper today did not much more than compound the disappointment of the result.

I know it’s fluff / a marketing schtick but for those of us who have been around for decades, watching that result unfold in that jumper felt like rubbing salt into the wounds of an already disappointing culminating loss
I agree and I feel bad about feeling it too which makes me even more angry and WTF. Start this wharfie time rubbish and it seemed like the players got even more scared and fumbly. Marketing running ahead of results. FOFF club marketers. Seriously just FOFF.

I agree and I feel bad about feeling it too which makes me even more angry and WTF. Start this wharfie time rubbish and it seemed like the players got even more scared and fumbly. Marketing running ahead of results. FOFF club marketers. Seriously just FOFF.
Whats the general consensus from others who’ve attended games where they do Wharfie time ?

I’ve never been and I haven’t watched yesterday’s game so I don’t even know what it is ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back