Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Clark needs to be told to start using his brain. Probably cost us the game against Carlton with his mouth running away from him. I don't believe for one moment he was swearing at himself! Reidy just dumb to get involved in that stuff. We are a dumb team at times.
Not necessarily a dumb team, just some dumb players or repeat offenders.

Missing out on finals is one thing but gifting our spot to mother****ing Carlton is the absolute bitterest pill to swallow. I despise those cheating campaigners more than anyone else after how they’ve been treated when playing us and their arrogant, ****wit supporters that can’t call a spade a spade. Most other sets of fans can say “you know what, we got lucky” but they are somehow unwilling or unable to see how much of a ride they got

I mean he's right, our team is too good to miss finals and we have a lot of crucial decisions to be made about our team in the off-season, a lot of the media pundits have ended up being correct about us.

Yet so many Fremantle fans wonder why the media doesn't give us the time of day, it's because we don't deserve it.
Exactly.

Missing out on finals is one thing but gifting our spot to mother****ing Carlton is the absolute bitterest pill to swallow. I despise those cheating campaigners more than anyone else after how they’ve been treated when playing us and their arrogant, ****wit supporters that can’t call a spade a spade. Most other sets of fans can say “you know what, we got lucky” but they are somehow unwilling or unable to see how much of a ride they got
^ This

This would have to be the worst scenario i could of thought of a couple of weeks ago. Yep, just yep.

A lot of our players are too poor at being sucked into the contest and giving away silly frees, we need to adopt a mentality of mental toughness and just focusing on going about our game.
Or play dirty like the rest of them

Amiss is finally working out how to dive to get frees , watch how he put his arms out to add a bit of sauce to the push in the back , result = free kick = goal

This is where JL probably doesn’t have that nasty edge that Mitchell or Hardwick have , he’d rather win with honour and valour .
Got news for him in this corrupt league.

I Despise them more than before now

Their vent thread yesterday was a sight to behold, first few pages were full toys out of the cot posts
Then by the time we had lost they were back to “ our boys were brave and what a good show “

Can’t help but think that mad run of free kicks Port got in the 3rd ? were designed for Carlton

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad its over honestly. This season has been exhausting with the inconsistency. Not being able to trust your team at all week after week ****ing sucks. The Bombers loss felt like the end for me, that moment you realise we are in one of our shit to middling eras we have seen before and nothing has really changed.

Yet, there are a few on here that want to draft 3 more players in the first round.
Think you’ll find that most acknowledge that Bolton will cost our first and second
rounder.
The guys who will retire or be delisted are not getting a game or improve the best
So makes sense to add a few classy first rounders that could potentially debut?
You don’t sell the farm or add the icing on the cake on a team that finished 10th.
At best we are 7th or 8th next year, add Bolton this year and another in 2025.
I just don’t see a massive jump to top 4 unless we spend big off the field and on
someone who knows how to win.

Think you’ll find that most acknowledge that Bolton will cost our first and second
rounder.
The guys who will retire or be delisted are not getting a game or improve the best
So makes sense to add a few classy first rounders that could potentially debut?
You don’t sell the farm or add the icing on the cake on a team that finished 10th.
At best we are 7th or 8th next year, add Bolton this year and another in 2025.
I just don’t see a massive jump to top 4 unless we spend big off the field and on
someone who knows how to win.
Get 2 or 3 of those close games next year and we will be on the door of top 4.

Our whole club mentality is poor in many areas but I’ll give you one. Player retention. After the Hawks 3 peat they off loaded all of their key players because it was the best thing for the club moving forwards. We’re too nice. We hang onto Fyfe, Walters, Bennell far longer than we should. We basically put the players before the club. As supporters were also part of the problem. Were any scarves thrown on the ground after the Geelong loss? No, we just continue on our merry way of ‘next game/next year’. We have the same mentality as the other poor clubs in the league like St Kilda, North, Essendon etc where we want and hope for success but don’t make the hard decisions to make it happen. There’s no way Fyfe or Walters should be starting next year, there’s no way we should even be close to losing NOD next year. It feels like because Cox and Ryan are good mates, we won’t split them up, but if it came down to it, I’d be trading Cox for Pickett every day of the week. Because it will improve the clubs chances of a flag. The board should be right now actively searching for who could coach is next if JLo looks to be getting similar results as he has over his coaching career. Middle of the road is not acceptable.
We’re just an average club with average expectations.

Our whole club mentality is poor in many areas but I’ll give you one. Player retention. After the Hawks 3 peat they off loaded all of their key players because it was the best thing for the club moving forwards. We’re too nice. We hang onto Fyfe, Walters, Bennell far longer than we should. We basically put the players before the club. As supporters were also part of the problem. Were any scarves thrown on the ground after the Geelong loss? No, we just continue on our merry way of ‘next game/next year’. We have the same mentality as the other poor clubs in the league like St Kilda, North, Essendon etc where we want and hope for success but don’t make the hard decisions to make it happen. There’s no way Fyfe or Walters should be starting next year, there’s no way we should even be close to losing NOD next year. It feels like because Cox and Ryan are good mates, we won’t split them up, but if it came down to it, I’d be trading Cox for Pickett every day of the week. Because it will improve the clubs chances of a flag. The board should be right now actively searching for who could coach is next if JLo looks to be getting similar results as he has over his coaching career. Middle of the road is not acceptable.
They’ve been rebuilding the same length of time as us.

Similar errors with a top up mentality instead of committing to the rebuild.

They’re about to play in the same number of finals as we have since that period. 1.

Let’s see if they end up with same number of wins.

They’re also about to sell the farm for a cooked Barrass and Josh battle. Have re-signed Gunston and Breust.

Hawks and us are on the same path. We’ll know in 2 years time who made it out better.

They’ve been rebuilding the same length of time as us.

Similar errors with a top up mentality instead of committing to the rebuild.

They’re about to play in the same number of finals as we have since that period. 1.

Let’s see if they end up with same number of wins.

They’re also about to sell the farm for a cooked Barrass and Josh battle. Have re-signed Gunston and Breust.

Hawks and us are on the same path. We’ll know in 2 years time who made it out better.
Oh shit. This was the vent thread.

I’m sorry.

Use line breaks next time instead of a wall
Of text ffs.

Better?

Hodge and Lewis ... yeah. They let Mitchell go at 34 years old after 300 games. Smith ... I would argue that was a mistake considering how well he played for Geelong. They kept Roughead to the end at 33. Same with Burgoyne to get him to 400 when he was as cooked as Walters/Fyfe for years. They took Gunston back. Letting Breust go on.

If I'm going to have a vent, it's how our location impacts the old timers. Those Hawthorn players above seemed to be able to keep going for longer than our veteran champions apart from Mundy. The travel factor has such a huge impact for career longevity. For the most part we are looking at roughly 30 years old as about the maximum before our players fall apart, whereas the east coast clubs can get good years from their players out to say 32-34 years, even longer for the odd exception.

Last edited:
Hodge and Lewis ... yeah. They let Mitchell go at 34 years old after 300 games. Smith ... I would argue that was a mistake considering how well he played for Geelong. They kept Roughead to the end at 33. Same with Burgoyne to get him to 400 when he was as cooked as Walters/Fyfe for years. They took Gunston back. Letting Breust go on.

If I'm going to have a vent, it's how our location impacts the old timers. Those Hawthorn players above seemed to be able to keep going for longer than our veteran champions apart from Mundy. The travel factor has such a huge impact for career longevity. For the most part we are looking at roughly 30 years old as about the maximum before our players fall apart, whereas the east coast clubs can get good years from their players out to say 32-34 years, even longer for the odd exception.
I've wondered this many times when watching our players pass 30 compared to Geelong or Collingwood. Is it the travel factor? Certainly seems plausible. It's infuriating how few of our players perform after 30 and especially after 32.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back