Portfolio VFA/VFL Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Straight in front of goal Mero marks it and kicks a goal. That was the one I was after, and thanks for the tip.

Here is the new Tasmanian Devils picture.
A couple of minor points - are you able to smooth the gradient on jumper 5? It goes from green top to black below with a horizontal gradient, not angled like the logo. There were two number fonts on this jumper - straight white and a yellow red bordered one. Also, the Footscray template needs tweaking on the first one - the green bands are considerably wider and slightly curved on Tassie's jumper. The number should also be white.

I have put together all the team logos that I have and have created some more for other teams without them. I have not created logos for the teams that were only Junior sides or weren't playing for the premiership. Just as I type this I have remembered I forgot to do one for South Williamstown. But they fit into the catergory of clubs that no one knows their colours or their nickname, all that is know today is that they played in the VFA. Here are the logos.
Picture has been updated further. See Page 1 for current picture.

I have put together all the team logos that I have and have created some more for other teams without them. I have not created logos for the teams that were only Junior sides or weren't playing for the premiership. Just as I type this I have remembered I forgot to do one for South Williamstown. But they fit into the catergory of clubs that no one knows their colours or their nickname, all that is know today is that they played in the VFA. Here are the logos.
Bloody Awesome.

Fantastic. The north ballarat vfl roosters shield can be found by doing a simple google images search on ' big footy vfa' it's black and white one in the bottom right hand corner of a group of logos, posted by you originally I think, wizard waffle. I need to still send you some logos as I promised before Xmas. I seem to remember reading that when south willy and willy merged, one wore black and yellow and the other black and blue and the combined jumper became yellow and blue.

In the previous vfa thread I posted a old footy card of a Geelong assoc player. Maybe you can make that card the picture on the Geelong association shield or try to approximate the monogram on the jumper. Aust footy website said they wore purple and
gold in 1922 and then blue and white between 1923 & 1927.

Fantastic. The north ballarat vfl roosters shield can be found by doing a simple google images search on ' big footy vfa' it's black and white one in the bottom right hand corner of a group of logos, posted by you originally I think, wizard waffle. I need to still send you some logos as I promised before Xmas. I seem to remember reading that when south willy and willy merged, one wore black and yellow and the other black and blue and the combined jumper became yellow and blue.

I can't down load it because the picture isn't online anymore and I don't have it anymore.

What colours were South Williamstown and which were Williamstown?

Geelong Association were purple and gold, but went to navy and white after one season.

I can't down load it because the picture isn't online anymore and I don't have it anymore.

What colours were South Williamstown and which were Williamstown?

Geelong Association were purple and gold, but went to navy and white after one season.
Willy was Black & Yellow, so I guess South Willy must have been Black & Blue

A lot of Wizzardwaffle's images are a little off in colour and I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's because he saves them in bitmap form. Nonetheless, his blues always seem to be off and his yellows always seem to be a little bit brown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have recoloured some of the logos.

However, some of those yellows are actually gold, probably the ones your thought were a bit brown. It is hard to get the colours for these clubs correct because we don't have a colour chart like we have for the AFL clubs like we got from Mero. As I type this I can imagine Mero putting one onto this thread tonight. But the colours that I usually use are those that are simple to change later, like the light blue and royal blue of Prahran. It is simple to change it to reverse the colours.

VFL-logo_zps04cc5778.gif

New VFL logo.
The font is called Pollock 1 and can be downloaded here:
http://ufonts.com/download/pollock1ctt/66236.html
Seems to be the same font for Country and Victoria.

This is how the VFL jumpers will look this year with the new VFL logo

However, this is how the VFL jumpers will look like with the VFL logo designed by NM Designs

I know which one I would prefer.

Impressive!

Side note: Port is actually sticking with the old VFL logo inside the Borough logo. Club says it's easier to reproduce (on shirts, etc...)

The problem that Port Melbourne may have is that the VFL logo is the property of the VFL and if they want their new logo to be publicised, then they will say to Port that you can only use the new one.

I know all the arguments, the old one looks better, it is easier to reproduce. But when has doing it the easy way been something the AFL does. The new VFL has AFL written all over it, and it is on it as well. They want everything that is Australian Rules Football in Australia to have the AFL logo on it. Who runs the VFL now, AFL Victoria. Only two states haven't come under the AFL logos banner, Western Australia and South Australia.

The NRL did the same thing over the summer with the introduction of the new NRL logo. All competition and organisation logos under the NRL except for clubs have new logos, which were designed with the new NRL logo. Cricket Australia has done the same thing. All logos under them have been changed into the same shape of logo shield as the Cricket Australia logo. All their competition logos have changed, and slowly each state has changed their logos as well.

It is the new way in marketing a sport, as a sport itself not the organisation. Having everything linked to a sport similarly branded to give the sport one image. However I prefer the Cricket Australia method as it allowed each state to change their own logo, with the one thing in common being the shield shape. This allows each state to keep their own personality. It would be better if the AFL said all state competition logos had to be similar to the AFL logo, the resting football with the name across the middle and a border around that. Then each state could do their own thing with their logo, within the boundaries set by the AFL. The new VFL logo makes the VFL look like an AFL reserves competition with the AFL logo on top.

Awesome work putting all of these together, they look great!

Missing one though, StKilda, but who cares about them : ). Not sure what their VFA nickname/logo was though as the shield wasn't used until the '30s. Also North Melbourne started in the VFA as Hotham, Brunswick were originally known as the Pottery Workers and Essendon weren't known as the Bombers until the '40s.

Awesome work putting all of these together, they look great!

Missing one though, StKilda, but who cares about them : ). Not sure what their VFA nickname/logo was though as the shield wasn't used until the '30s. Also North Melbourne started in the VFA as Hotham, Brunswick were originally known as the Pottery Workers and Essendon weren't known as the Bombers until the '40s.

I did a St.Kilda one. Forget to put him up.

North Melbourne started in the VFA as Hotham, but that name was used to enable the club to restart and then enter the VFA. Soon after they entered the VFL they became North Melbourne once more.

A Pottery Worker on a football logo just doesn't seem right. I like to keep it to one logo to represent each club. The clubs that have more than one logo are ones that are still around or were easy to create.

Essendon has reentered the VFL this year so the logo is correct if you use todays logos on the old shields which I am.

Actually everything is an AFL Reserves comp except the SANFL and WAFL competitions.
The AFL Commission run the following departments
AFL Victoria, including VFL, TAC Cup, VAFA, Vic Country & Vic Metro comps.
AFL Tasmania
AFL Queensland
AFL NSW/ACT
AFL NT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_rules_football_in_Australia#Structure_and_competitions

These groups are independent of the AFL, however the AFL does have a big say in what happens at each organisation. These groups changed their name to be aligned more with the AFL. The AFL provides the money that runs these organisations.

The WAFL may become more of a reserves competition with East Perth becoming the West Coast Eagles reserves and Peel Thunder becoming Fremantle's reserves. The same will happen in the SANFL with Adelaide and Port Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Portfolio VFA/VFL Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back