Portfolio VFA/VFL Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

sorry im no artist, only got paint, but did my best to show you the 1st "W" jumper from the front, and the yellow/black sash jumper from the back.

Hello to Mr S Claus, and thank you for using my logos to create that gift for West_Coast_Eagles this Christmas.

Just have redone the Werribee picture to include the jumpers with red in them.
Picture has been updated further. See Page 1 for current picture.

Love the pictures you's have put on here,
Brings back so many memories of the VFA days,
That's when towns were proud of there footy teams, and
LOCAL players, VFL is not the same, it's a pity.

Also, don't mean to be picky, the "S" on the
Sunshine jumper was about a third smaller.

Updated the Sunshine picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Berwick were never premiers in the VFA. These premiership were won in the Gippsland League. Putting the VFA logo on a page with their premiership teams is only trying to make themselves look better as it suggests that they were VFA premiers in those years.

The only Berwick jumpers that I have included in my pictures are the ones worn in the VFA, which Berwick were apart of from 1983 to 1987.

Yep.
In most of its glory.
It was one page, very little research, no dates and poor graphics.
I like how you made the certain white segments of jumpers (e.g. Collingwood's stripes, Sydney's main body) transparent while you kept the background of the image white.

And... what on earth is this?
carl97.gif

I like how you made the certain white segments of jumpers (e.g. Collingwood's stripes, Sydney's main body) transparent while you kept the background of the image white.

And... what on earth is this?
carl97.gif
It didn't look like that. The images had a White background, so it looked like the stripes were White.
And that above is how I initially did this:
Carlton-1897.gif

How do you get gradients into the jumpers themselves on Paint without clipping masks?
Hi Essee Cross , I have to be honest and say first off that I followed Smeagle's tut in the MS Paint / Word Thread with a slight change as I am using Win 8 and Office 2010 w/Word. To give you an Idea in Potted explanation , I'm
pretty much new to the Jumper design side of things but this is how I managed to get what I did , done.

1. Open an MS Paint page and cut / paste a jumper template on to it.
2. Make sure you click transparent selection.
3. If you have Word , open a new document and select Insert > Shapes > Rectangle.
4. Draw a rectangle shape (big enough to cover the area you want to fill ).
5. In Word , click on Shape Fill , find More Fill Colours , click on that.
6. That will bring up the RGB chart , if you know what colours you want to use and their RGB then
enter the values in the RGB Chart.
* ( I cut and paste a finished jumper design 1st to Paint Clipboard , then use the dropper tool on the jumper colour ,
E.G - Maroon , then clicking on custom colours to get the RGB for each colour I want ).
7. Back in the Word type in the RGB for Fitzroy Maroon for instance and in the bottom right of the custom colour chart is a small colour block , it will change to the colour you want.
8. Follow the same procedure for a second or third colour shade.
9. Click on Shape Fill again in the Word Doc you have open and it will show mid way down , Recent Colours.
10. Further down click on Gradient , go to the bottom where it says more gradients and click on that.
11. Under Fill , look to the right and find Gradient Fill , click that , then underneath , the gradient stops ribbon ,
is a colour tab , click it and above more colours at the bottom will be the recent colours you have selected for
use , clicking on the gradient stops' sliders on the ribbon with the colours you wish to use , this will change to
look like the gradient you want , say Maroon at far left to Red at far right , however you can tinker around with any colour , add more gradient stops in between , etc.
12. Close off the colour fill window and your rectangle should now have the look you want.
13. Under shape fill button is the shape outline button , click on it , go to No outline and click that.
14. Next , Right mouse click the rectangle , copy and paste to your MS Paint document.
15. Place it beside the Jumper Template.
16. Under the Background colour , choose green , (I used Smeagle's Green Tint) , and fill in the area of jumper you
wish to fill , E.G. - the body of the jumper , leaving the collar and cuffs white , then drag your jumper across to fit within the rectangle you have cut and pasted from Word , the jumper will have the gradient fitting nicely.
17. Change the background colour back to white , then drag the finished jumper to the white background area ,
clean up the remainder of the rectangle and you should be done.

So far , that is the way I have done it , following Smeagle's tut more than anything (Thanks Smeagle) , I hope
it's not an Eye sore to follow , I am really new to this type of thing and so I am still learning myself , I would some day like to progress to where others on here have got to like yourself Essee Cross ( I like your Geelong /
Hawks merger strips ) , with the presentation and such , until then I hope this helps in some way.

Cheers , Stuart.

Does anyone have any pictures of the first Tasmanian Devils jumpers. I know that I haven't included it in the Tasmanian Devils picture, but I left space for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Portfolio VFA/VFL Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back