VFL- Tasmania Vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

finrod said:
What about Lonergan?

Feedback I got from a club official at the game was that Nathan was average - Johnson kicked some easy hand off goals and was lazy - riccardi was good and varcoe looked good but little game time.

I was at the game. Watched every minute with intrigue.
NATHAN ABLETT
Ablett was very ordinary. Got pumelled at full forward, then was moved to centre half forward. Got a few touches on the wings but did absolutely nothing. Got some sort of injury to his left leg. The devils defenders made him feel it too. Was pretty weak from them.
TOM LONERGAN
Started at centre half forward. Struggled to get involved in the game. Hamish Macintosh was too tall for any Geelong defenders so Loners was moved to fullback to play on him. Did pretty well, but destroyed the Geelong attack plan.
MACKIE
Gave him a pat on the back at 3/4 time. :) Looked impressive, got heaps of the ball, but his disposal let him down.
RICCARDI
Was magic. Had limited game time, but when he was playing he was a class above the rest. Can expect the usual brilliance from the bench in the seniors in coming weeks.
S.JOHNSON
Not often can you say a player played poorly when they kicked 5 goals, but Josh Gibson definately had the better of him. Looked like he was :D:D:D:Ded off to be playing in the VFL. Didn't give his all.
S.BYRNES
Did some good stuff - definately got a future, but I think he'll be in the VFL for a few more rounds.
The Scarlett lookalike. Never got his name, but he played a really good game. Has a lot of potential.

I was considering going home at 1/4 time, but i stuck it out, and it didn't take long for the cats to bite back. Few lapses in concentration and patches of laziness cost em. Even though the cats went down in the end it was one of the best games of VFL football I have seen.

Devilcat said:
The Scarlett lookalike. Never got his name, but he played a really good game. Has a lot of potential.

Adam Cook.

Honest toiler, but I don't know what screams 'potential' in him. A very good VFL level player, and that's where he is.

Varcoe's goal was a gem - made me drool... The ball had come off a pack in the goal square and Varcoe booted it out of midair. Boy's got skills. :) Can run pretty fast as well.

As for Adam Cook, the few games I've seen him play have been good. He battled hard all day and played a much better game than a lot of the 'big name' players out there.

Devilcat said:
Varcoe's goal was a gem - made me drool... The ball had come off a pack in the goal square and Varcoe booted it out of midair. Boy's got skills. :) Can run pretty fast as well.

I was watching the tape last night. It bounced straight off Josh Rudd's head and into Varcoe's arms. He only played a quarter and a bit in the first half and was very quiet.

Byrnes and Ricco will come in this week I reckon.

Unwritten_Law said:
I was watching the tape last night. It bounced straight off Josh Rudd's head and into Varcoe's arms. He only played a quarter and a bit in the first half and was very quiet.

Byrnes and Ricco will come in this week I reckon.

Tape???

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL- Tasmania Vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back