Goodfella

Debutant
Feb 10, 2004
Dogs winning - Drinking h
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I am still coming down to earth after the performance on Saturday night. Have spent most of today reading through the various forums and they continued to send a tingle down my spine.

Not sure if anyone else from this board was there but as per the last 5 years watched the entire game from behind glass in the VIC Bar (above Livewire).

The atmosphere in there was electric during the last quarter with at least 80% of the crowd being doggies supporters with more than a couple of cold ones in them. The crowd literally erupting at every goal, espicially Grants gem in the last quarter that left Mal Micheal stupafied.

Its only happened twice this year, the other being the North game, but the theme song was sung 3 times before the siren blew with enormous gusto.

It can lack in atmosphere up there on occasions, espically when we are getting done, but it was sensational Saturday night.

Looking forrward to watching this group develop and start winning a lot of games and being invloved in September action. Lets hope we live up to the hype.

i think its called the bundy bar now. which is a far superior beverage :p

however it can be great up there on occasions, though quite eerie at times as the thick glass seals off the noise from the rest of the crowd.

i spent the first half in the cougar then went down behind the lions cheer squad for the second half. boy did they shut up when we went on that goal spree in the last :D

Sounds like the Bogan Bar.

Whats the go with Live Wire? I went there at half time and a couple of guitarist were playing, went back at the end of the game and they were packing up. Who goes to the footy to listen to music?

I sat in the Medallion club this week and its such a sterile environment that lacks any passion. A group of Lions supporters behind once eyelled out "Go Number 5" then discussed "The Passion of Christ" for another quarter.

ErnieSigley said:
Sounds like the Bogan Bar.

Whats the go with Live Wire? I went there at half time and a couple of guitarist were playing, went back at the end of the game and they were packing up. Who goes to the footy to listen to music?

I sat in the Medallion club this week and its such a sterile environment that lacks any passion. A group of Lions supporters behind once eyelled out "Go Number 5" then discussed "The Passion of Christ" for another quarter.

On the contrary ES, a great view for those that want to stand at the footy and not be back behind the seats on level 1.

And beer out of a glass to boot!

i've only been to docklands every dogs game and i still don't know what any of you are talking about, is this anywhere near the locker room?
or are we talking access one or something?

Cyberdoggie said:
i've only been to docklands every dogs game and i still don't know what any of you are talking about, is this anywhere near the locker room?
or are we talking access one or something?

Straight upstairs from the locker room. Full view of the ground and non-smoking (smokers can go to the couger bar).

Goodfella said:
Straight upstairs from the locker room. Full view of the ground and non-smoking (smokers can go to the couger bar).

so you go up those stairs from inside the locker room?

i'll have to check it out next time.

enter through gate 3 (the big gate in front of you when coming down the footbridge). once through the turnstiles you will see an escalator on your right, take it up to level two, then once on level two do a u-turn and walk about 30m and u cant miss it.

as mentioned before, beer from the glass. duck into the cougar bar next door to have a smoke, or check out the scores of other games on at the same time.

Been to the cougar bar a couple of times after night games and it gets pretty packed in there.The attire of the female bar staff is fairly interesting as well.Is it still called the Cougar Bar?I haven't been there since last season.

i used to go there to watch every game but stopped when me and my mates were getting way to drunk and not rembering the specifics of the games..

Remove this Banner Ad

VIC Bar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back