Lobb shines as Dogs thrash Cats at pork barrel stadium 95-48

Remove this Banner Ad

. Was impressed with how clean we were with the ball. Although every bounce and dribble did seem to go our way for once!
There is something about the tenseness of a game that affects my perception of it at the time. What I was seeing was how the bounce of the ball didn’t go our way. Every time they took a kick off the ground it would cannon off somebody’s legs and into their players arms. It was driving me nuts

Going back to the VFL his positioning has improved and has added 1v1 spoiling as he is now in positioning to intercept marking. Credit to him

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
What do we do when Jones comes back?

For team balance, unfortunately Buku is the one who may have to make room.

I don’t think I’ve wanted a dogs player to win a flag more than Adam Treloar. Gives his all and is pure heart. Can’t believe the Pies gave him the arse.

A win where Bont and Liber don’t dominate are my favourite wins.

I don’t think I’ve wanted a dogs player to win a flag more than Adam Treloar. Gives his all and is pure heart. Can’t believe the Pies gave him the arse.

A win where Bont and Liber don’t dominate are my favourite wins.
He's currently negotiating a contract extension of 1 year. So 2 more years to get that cup.

Loved hearing the Geelong supporters scream for a free kick in every contest

* Also excepting free kicks of course, but to get 12-14 on FKs at Kat Park is as any visiting side could hope for.

It's funny you guys say that, and usually I'd agree...

...but I think we got the rub of it, especially early in the last. ☺️

Also Jamarra seems to have found the penetration on his kicking again. Is clearing 50m with ease again.

Darcy is such a weapon in all phases of the game. For bean pole looking kid he is so strong.
when he leans forward and has momentum and intent he kicks with penetration and accuracy.
its when he's laconic and leaning back that he struggles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s becoming a much more complete player. The knock I always had on Weightman was that he’d go missing for long periods after completing his work up front, just seems more involved of late.

Pushing up a bit higher has helped him, he’s too good a player to not use more in that regard.

He was kind of an undersized CHF at times tonight.
Even if he’s not scoring he worries the opposition with his positioning, agility and unpredictability.

That was duryea wasn't it?
Nah VDM had an easy kick to Richards in open on wing. Completely burnt him, kicked long to near 50m arc. Straight to a 3 on 1 defensive Geelong grouping. It was typical. VDM dumbness at a critical time. Caused a turnover that could've really hurt.
He also was doing faux tough guy routine before opening bounce again. Liability

A couple takes.

• Darcy proves again he is going to be the future GOAT
  • JUH dominating two weeks in a row
  • Ed is pure class through the middle
  • We didn't rely on The Bont to do Bont things
  • Lobb seems to have turned a corner and is looking like the second coming of Brian Lake
  • Naughton and McNeil are possibly the worst kicks of the footy to have ever played the game
  • Buku is finding his feet in the squad
  • Sack the coach
  • Sitting 9th but somehow only a game out of the top 4
  • If Geelong are allowed to play games on that cow paddock, we should be allowed to play games at Whitten Oval
  • Geelong umpire bias again
  • Essendon might not play finals, extending their streak by default
  • English didn't get bullied for once
  • Bramble might be the turnover GOAT, but he did hit Naughton laces out. Kind of ironic
  • Bring back the long sleeves. Williams struck fear in the eyes of his opposition
  • Sanders is coming along nicely. I haven't understood the hate towards him over the season. Maybe it's because he's not dominating like the guy that didn't want to go to West Coast, but Norf did Norf things and cost themselves the first pick
  • Chris Grant should have his Brownlow awarded to him, and an official apology from the AFL and the idiots that handed him his suspension
  • Peter Street is still the GOAT ruckman
  • Shane Biggs, never forget
  • "Chins without beards deserve no honor"
  • What a wonderful Saturday night, dinner with my parents and a rare Bulldogs win at Kardinia.
  • ggez, never in doubt

Last edited:
A couple takes.

• Darcy proves again he is going to be the future GOAT
  • JUH dominating two weeks in a row
  • Ed is pure class through the middle
  • We didn't rely on The Bong to do Bont things
  • Lobb seems to have turned a corner and is looking like the second coming of Brian Lake
  • Naughton and McNeil are possibly the worst kicks of the footy to have ever played the game
  • Buku is finding his feet in the squad
  • Sack the coach
  • Sitting 9th but somehow only a game out of the top 4
  • If Geelong are allowed to play games on that cow paddock, we should be allowed to play games at Whitten Oval
  • Geelong umpire bias again
  • Essendon might not play finals, extending their streak by default
  • English didn't get bullied for once
  • Bramble might be the turnover GOAT, but he did hit Naughton laces out. Kind of ironic
  • Bring back the long sleeves. Williams struck fear in the eyes of his opposition
  • Sanders is coming along nicely. I haven't understood the hate towards him over the season. Maybe it's because he's not dominating like the guy that didn't want to go to West Coast, but Norf did Norf things and cost themselves the first pick
  • Chris Grant should have his Brownlow awarded to him, and an official apology from the AFL and the idiots that handed him his suspension
  • Peter Street is still the GOAT ruckman
  • Shane Biggs, never forget
  • "Chins without beards deserve no honor"
  • What a wonderful Saturday night, dinner with my parents and a rare Bulldogs win at Kardinia.
  • ggez, never in doubt
Chris Scott looks like he did a bit of that

Remove this Banner Ad

Lobb shines as Dogs thrash Cats at pork barrel stadium 95-48

Remove this Banner Ad

Back