Vic Country 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see my man on fire:thumbsu: his top 10 chances continue to rise.. what i like so far is that i don't think there has been a better big game player so far in the carnival.. no coincidence that Heyne's two biggest games of the Carnival so far have been against arguably the two best teams or what many would percieve to be the most "important" matches

I agree. Heyne has been very, very good so far in the carnival, and when the pressure is on, he stands up big time.

Steven Hill is one who would be close to Player of the Carnival though, very quick and classy wing/midfielder who has looked brilliant throughout the carnival.

Could be a first round bolter.

Cheers for the pointers DFE and sportz1. I'll give you some feedback on how I thought your guys went.

D4E - Daniels spent most the game on Rich as you hinted at (a few other guys briefly rotated on him to give him a break) and won the contest (Rich had very little impact) - also got a decent amount of the ball himself in close.

sportz1 - Sheahan, got heaps of it was VC's most consistent and probably BOG (how the AFL.com.au didn't even name him in the best I'll never know!). Went in hard, was very good at the stop plays and he's a dasher too. Christensen was very good too, won a good amount of contested ball and worked well at at the stop plays too. Was quite damaging on the HFF too.Really impressed with the VC boys, were really switched on and combined excellently as a team.
Thanks for the briefing jgb99, good to hear as the kid has really worked hard this year and is starting to get the results. Sheahan is a freak, plays footy for Assumption College, Mansfield seniors and Bushrangers. Top player but also talented elite cricket player.

Great win over there by the boys, the form guide atm is useless.:D

Great efforts by the coaching staff, to handle the previous disappointments and get the players to cope with the long trip to Perth.
Very glad they got 2 nights in Perth to settle and prepare for nthe game, I thought the same in Sydney would've been in order too.

Also my sources (from inside the VC side) tell me that Will Martinello was the man who had the job on Rich so its suprising to see Daniels name thrown about.. double tag or rotation perhaps?

Article in today's Shepparton News by Simon Cameron

"To come out and put on 8 goals to 1 in the 1st half was fantastic"

Of the 8 Murray Bushrangers in the VC side, Hyde said "Will Martinello was particulary outstanding in nullifying the effectiveness of the highly rated Daniel Rich.

Will had 19 touches and Rich had 8.... that was sensational".

Fellow Bushranger Jack Ziebell was also outstanding gathering 22 disposals and 7 clearances with his strength around the contests a highlight, whilst Steele Sidebottom was also in Country's best players.

key bendigo pioneers player and vic country player josh gaylor has suffered a pretty bad shopulder injury which will maybe keep him out for a while? any one clarrify?

Article in today's Shepparton News by Simon Cameron

"To come out and put on 8 goals to 1 in the 1st half was fantastic"

Of the 8 Murray Bushrangers in the VC side, Hyde said "Will Martinello was particulary outstanding in nullifying the effectiveness of the highly rated Daniel Rich.

Will had 19 touches and Rich had 8.... that was sensational".

Fellow Bushranger Jack Ziebell was also outstanding gathering 22 disposals and 7 clearances with his strength around the contests a highlight, whilst Steele Sidebottom was also in Country's best players.
looks like my sources are good:D

Locked down on Yarran and did a fine job - held him to 8 possessions, 2 marks, 1 goal 1.
Yes he had a good game dont forget yarren is a very clever player and watching yarran move you could see if he got any space he'd be dangerous especially over there suban out smarted him i thought . I watched yarren pretty closly because I havent seen him play before and suban was good.

Locked down on Yarran and did a fine job - held him to 8 possessions, 2 marks, 1 goal 1.
This is good to know, my only concern with Suban was how he would go defensively. Have seen him being attacking and a linkman but not really in a defensive type role, further boosts his stocks I reckon.

apparently he struggled to get into it and he didn't get a rotation into the midfield.. i wouldn't worry too much we all know how good he is:thumbsu:

Can anyone who was there clarify how Suban played?

Not doubting you or your sources Bourky, but if he shut-down Yarran, WA's best forward, saying he struggled to get into the game doesn't sound right.

From what i can gather, the VC coach has rated stopping Yarran as a priority and given Suban the job, which he did by keeping him to 1 goal.

If this is the case, this increases Suban's draft position for mine, it shows versatility that he can play HB, midfield or a purely defensive role if required.

mmm i guess the fact that he played on Yarran would explain why he didn't play in midfield.. the person i've got this info off must of just been taking notice of who had the ball the most and not what jobs etc. players were doing.. he's still easily top 10 for mine. and it looks like he's added another string to his bow if he shut down a classy young foward like Yarran

Not doubting you or your sources Bourky, but if he shut-down Yarran, WA's best forward, saying he struggled to get into the game doesn't sound right.

From what i can gather, the VC coach has rated stopping Yarran as a priority and given Suban the job, which he did by keeping him to 1 goal.

If this is the case, this increases Suban's draft position for mine, it shows versatility that he can play HB, midfield or a purely defensive role if required.

He did play a negating role on Yarran, was hot on his hammer at all times and can't remember Yarran getting any space to weave his magic, didn't see much of Suban's attacking game (like I said in my report I barely noticed him with the ball apart from the warm-up) but McCartney thought he provided good quality rebound too.

Bourky23, just noticed your new avatar!!! Not to mention the signature which keeps growing by font size as every week goes by.

I'm slightly concerned with how you post about Nick Heyne. Should Telstra Dome be beefing up security for the big game in a fortnight...bodyguard protection perhaps from the obsessed fan? :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suban played well dont worry i watched him pretty closely .Chasing a bloke like yarren would be hard vc wernt real attacking they stopped the play more so wa would 'nt get a free flowing game going so suban didnt get to run off a lot . He was pretty clever the way he beat him but with out the rebounding he didnt stand out a lot so credit to him .

Vic Countrys Backline Was Very Good Under Pressure!! 1 man who is coming under the radar a bit is riley milne From the murray bushrangers..he had 18 touches from the bp and 6 rebound 50's...Jason Mccartney seemed to be impressed!!Whats Peoples Thoughts???

Bourky23, just noticed your new avatar!!! Not to mention the signature which keeps growing by font size as every week goes by.

I'm slightly concerned with how you post about Nick Heyne. Should Telstra Dome be beefing up security for the big game in a fortnight...bodyguard protection perhaps from the obsessed fan? :D

:D:D i'm actually thinking of making a "heyne time!" sign to take with me and lift it up whenever he gets the ball haha

its alright though he knows its all in good fun:thumbsu: although i would like to have his children..:p

:D:D i'm actually thinking of making a "heyne time!" sign to take with me and lift it up whenever he gets the ball haha

its alright though he knows its all in good fun:thumbsu: although i would like to have his children..:p
Yeah that'll make sure you get on Foxtel a bit too!

Nothing better than a player having a cheersquad - Jamie Sheahan had one at the MCG for the first game, a bunch of Assumption people were sitting in the pocket making plenty of noise.

I wont go anywhere near your last comment, except to say I hope you're a woman. :D :D

Yeah that'll make sure you get on Foxtel a bit too!

Nothing better than a player having a cheersquad - Jamie Sheahan had one at the MCG for the first game, a bunch of Assumption people were sitting in the pocket making plenty of noise.

I wont go anywhere near your last comment, except to say I hope you're a woman. :D :D

yea, Jack Watts had one too.. about 7 or 8 Brighton lad's sitting behind the goals near where i was... they all went up in chorus when he took the mark and kicked the winning goal:D

Bourky the bandwagoner... also I'm sure Abbey might have something to say about yours and Heyney's babies... she's also much sexier than you Snake.

I notice Heyne got reported today, I didnt see it but if someone did - was there anything in it?

I believe TAC Cup suspensions carry across the U18 Championships, that'd be very disappointing for ya Bourky23 if Heyne happens to be out. I hope you haven't prepared that "Heyne Time" sign just yet!

I notice Heyne got reported today, I didnt see it but if someone did - was there anything in it?

I believe TAC Cup suspensions carry across the U18 Championships, that'd be very disappointing for ya Bourky23 if Heyne happens to be out. I hope you haven't prepared that "Heyne Time" sign just yet!

Yep, happened right in front of where I was standing, and thought at the time when the ump carded him, that was fair enough.

from what i've heard it was ugly but there wasn't much in it the other bloke just ducked at a bad time... i know he'd be very disappointed if he got rubbed out and missed out on the VC games.. lets hope he gets off:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic Country 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back