Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

How are we going to blame a Geelong Hawthorn GF on Vicbias?

What is going to be the angle?

Surely it can't happen, will the AFL let it happen?

Port have already done their part.
It's easy. Port just got fleeced by the umpires. We all saw it. Charlie Dixon wasn't able to run. He ust have been being held by his opponents all day.

That is like saying "two men ran for Prime Minister so a man won, clearly indicating there are no biases against women"
I'm sure you will come up with a good Vicbias reason, you can't help yourself, if you can't think of anything lies is your go to.

I bet the welcome to Victoria border signs to you should be, you are now leaving NSW/SA.

I'm sure you will come up with a good Vicbias reason, you can't help yourself, if you can't think of anything lies is your go to.

I bet the welcome to Victoria border signs to you should be, you are now leaving NSW/SA.

15 of 17

and if a Victorian team wins this year it will be 16 of 18.

As much as you try to deny it those numbers are not a coincidence, they are a pattern and patterns have reasons behind them.

15 of 17

and if a Victorian team wins this year it will be 16 of 18.

As much as you try to deny it those numbers are not a coincidence, they are a pattern and patterns have reasons behind them.
I hope it doubles in years to come, triples even, but I bet you are still here watching and crying about it.

They should announce the new extended contract with the MCC soon, can't wait.

I hope it doubles in years to come, triples even, but I bet you are still here watching and crying about it.

They should announce the new extended contract with the MCC soon, can't wait.

So in other words you are not on this thread because you are interested in a genuine discussion. You like that there are biases towards Victorian clubs and you very much want them to continue.

So in other words you are not on this thread because you are interested in a genuine discussion. You like that there are biases towards Victorian clubs and you very much want them to continue.
I don't think you are here for genuine discussion, you have been caught out too many time lying, one poster asked you over 30 times to prove what you were saying and even though you knew you were wrong/lying you kept doubling down.

So with people like you, I hope it happens more, just to piss you off.

I don't think you are here for genuine discussion, you have been caught out too many time lying, one poster asked you over 30 times to prove what you were saying and even though you knew you were wrong/lying you kept doubling down.

So with people like you, I hope it happens more, just to piss you off.

You are clearly a very pleasant person.

Also I am in bed right now watching a youtube video on the Russian economy. I am perfectly happy.

Problem for the conspiracy deniers is that the reverse situation can never happen.

No “interstate” club can ever say “Thing is, “Team X” now take full advantage of the home ground GF. Most likely against a Vic opponent.”

This has shown that just because the Vic team might not be as good as the top team from out of town, a Grand Final gets handed to you.
Yep, but fact is Geelong should be playing Hawthorn this week on their neutral home ground. For the right to play Sydney away.

Can’t see them winning both of these to get that HGA (or neutral HGA).

Port brain farted their significant advantage and gifted the cats that run in. Typical.

Yep, but fact is Geelong should be playing Hawthorn this week on their neutral home ground. For the right to play Sydney away.

Can’t see them winning both of these to get that HGA (or neutral HGA).

Port brain farted their significant advantage and gifted the cats that run in. Typical.
Agreed we did, but even if we did win (aka West Coast 2015), the Vic team retains the Grand Final HGA (aka Hawthorn 2015)

But yeah, let’s keep ignoring there’s a bias there.
I’ll do the same. There’s no bias, ok?

Agreed we did, but even if we did win (aka West Coast 2015), the Vic team retains the Grand Final HGA (aka Hawthorn 2015)

I've been reading your posts the last couple of days and you have a go a porters saying they don't understand what you are saying.
The bold bit is why posters won't take you seriously, hardly anyone in this thread has denied the MCG GF is not Vicbias, if you are going to tell porkies, then don't expect people to take you seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is bias.
But if port had have won, Geelong would have lost their hga the next week by having to play hawthorn at the MCG. Are we ignoring this bias as well? Or doesn’t it suit your argument?

There is bias.
But if port had have won, Geelong would have lost their hga the next week by having to play hawthorn at the MCG. Are we ignoring this bias as well? Or doesn’t it suit your argument?
As would Port if they had to play Adelaide.
As did Sydney this week in having to play GWS.

As would Port if they had to play Adelaide.
As did Sydney this week in having to play GWS.
Against Adelaide, Port would play a neutral game at both teams home ground
Against GWS, Sydney played a game at their home ground against a club with a different home ground.
Against Hawthorn, Geelong would play a game at their opponents home ground which is not theirs.

Now, if you divide it by state, the advantages weigh out, with Geelong's loss in that scenario becoming a gain for a different Vic club (Although overall Vic would lose out as if playing a Non-Vic team, Cats and Dogs and other marvel tenants wouldn't be playing at their home ground.) However, clubs don't represent a state - they represent their members - so Cats and the Marvel tenants lose out overall and the MCG tenants and Non-Vic clubs are advantaged as none of them play Cats or Marvel tenants at their home ground in finals anymore.

Tell that to the AFL, who describe the expansion as “beginning a period of major change within the game and the first steps to the establishment of a national competition, away from the primacy of respective state leagues, which remain in place now”

The AFL don’t give a crap whether I go and watch, or not. Same with any such corporation in a position of market power.
How about you tell them, you're the one with the gripes.

And like I said, we can't really have a truly equitable national competition because as has been explained eleventy billion times the reasons why we can't.

That’s not what I’m talking about either, why do you need to pivot what people say to try and “prove your point”.

I’m asking for a fair and balanced commentary, not a biased one. You seem to be supportive of the biased approach, as you reference it quite often. Then again, you are probably indicative of the audience the AFL and the media pander to, by your own admission. You want biased commentary, and therefore as the biggest market, the AFL and its media provide it for you.
WA and SA don't have biased footy media? :confusedv1:

They’re not national broadcasters. Do you listen to 5AA?

Regional I couldn’t care about as mentioned a few times earlier, been like that since day dot.
But the thing is that it's the same forces at play - targetting your biggest market. And like the state based broadcasters, the Nationals are independent of the AFL and thus say what they choose.

5AA aren't targetting me as a Collingwood supporter living in Adelaide. Fox Footy aren't targetting Port supporters. Stories about Port aren't as interesting to their biggest market - Vics - as stories about Collingwood and Carlton. Positives for Collingwood and Carlton, but also negatives, as negative stories get amplified or even created from nothing and can be destabilising - just as the domestic ones can be for Adelaide clubs. Eg. The ongoing sack Kenny sack Kochie soap opera that the domestic media love milking.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back