Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that during his whinge rant in the post match presser, fly was making out what an advantage it was to play at the G. Mmmm
I think he was referring to the noise of affirmation factor that comes with a home crowd

If that particular game was played at the G Collingwood v Sydney the crowd would obviously favour Collingwood but if you replace Sydney for a big Melbourne club the crowd is a lot less spilt even with home ground advantage

It’s not so much a vic bias winge from Fly it’s just him having a crack at the inconsistency of umpiring overall

Don’t think it was a good look or the right time to express it but his point still resonates with 99% of footy fans

The umpiring of the game is inconsistent when it shouldn’t be

Very poor sportsmanship from fly unfortunately. After all the self-help book metaphors have dried up we’ve reverted back to umpire and venue whinges.
I don't think you even watched it.
He was asked a question and gave an opinion on it, and it was honest.

He also said Sydney deserved the win, that's not poor sportsmanship.

I don't think you even watched it.
He was asked a question and gave an opinion on it, and it was honest.

He also said Sydney deserved the win, that's not poor sportsmanship.

Sydney deserved to win but also if we had been given frees we deserved and played the game at the G we would have won. It’s good stuff.

Sydney deserved to win but also if we had been given frees we deserved and played the game at the G we would have won. It’s good stuff.
But he didn't say that, I knew you didn't watch it.

No matter how much you hate on him, you won't ever get that GF back mate, sorry, but I know, when you lose a GF it stays lost.

But he didn't say that, I knew you didn't watch it.

No matter how much you hate on him, you won't ever get that GF back mate, sorry, but I know, when you lose a GF it stays lost.

Collingwood deserved that win but if we’d been given the frees we deserved and played the game at the Gabba we would have won.

Collingwood deserved that win but if we’d been given the frees we deserved and played the game at the Gabba we would have won.
Yeah poor you, but it wasn't and you lost and you will never ever get it back.

With the squad you have if you don't win at least one, it will be a waste.

Maybe you might wish you had a coach like Fly.

Anyway this is about Vic bias, when we get some questionable decisions this thread explodes, for some reason it was very quiet this morning?

Reckon the teams in the 8 are now set. Carlton, Geelong and Bulldogs. What can be manufactured from here? The Cartel of AFL/VIC GOVT/MCC would love a Carlton fairytale but at moment atleast that looks unlikely.
I don't really think anybody wants Geelong, they are an awful club and virtually everybody is sick of them. They aren't that good any more either.
So Dogs? After the 2016 sideshow you really couldn't think the AFL could pull that off again? Could they?
Maybe it's the year that the Cartel concede one, as the VICBIAS calls are becoming harder to ignore. Then they can turn around and say "See, what Vicbias you infernal ingrates" then go back to business as usual next year.

Reckon the teams in the 8 are now set. Carlton, Geelong and Bulldogs. What can be manufactured from here? The Cartel of AFL/VIC GOVT/MCC would love a Carlton fairytale but at moment atleast that looks unlikely.
I don't really think anybody wants Geelong, they are an awful club and virtually everybody is sick of them. They aren't that good any more either.
So Dogs? After the 2016 sideshow you really couldn't think the AFL could pull that off again? Could they?
Maybe it's the year that the Cartel concede one, as the VICBIAS calls are becoming harder to ignore. Then they can turn around and say "See, what Vicbias you infernal ingrates" then go back to business as usual next year.
Well if the Dogs can get to a prelim against Port, then yep, they may just win the GF, but that also applies to any other team that plays Port in a prelim.

The umpires won't ever be able to cheat so blatantly in a GF like 2016 ever again. It's been done, won't happen again, too much heat and scrutiny after that GF.

You sound like a Carlton supporter

If
Should / would

But again not VICBias, just home ground advantage.

It is a well established component of home ground advantage that when you have 90-95% of the crowd all roaring for the home team that they get the edge in some umpiring decisions.

That doesn't happen in big Melbourne blockbusters when BOTH teams have thousands on fans at the game.

"That would have paid on the MCG"..This from the horses mouth well actually the flys mouth is the exact reason the grand final needs to rotated or to go to a best of 3 system. Swans would be loving that comment as theyve been pushing for a best of 3 system.

So Collingwood plays what 15-17 games at mcg where they either have a home ground advantage or still get voice of affirmation free kicks like the recent Roos game where they have more supporters attending at Marvel...Check the stats for free kick differential for last 20 years.From memory Collingwood and Eagles were leading that.Is there a more corrupt contract in world sport than the 2055 MCG grand final contract?Worse still enforcing a grand final parade in enemy territory the day before the game.Imagine Real Madrid doing a parade through Barcelona the day before a final or the Lakers in Boston etc etc.

The umpires won't ever be able to cheat so blatantly in a GF like 2016 ever again. It's been done, won't happen again, too much heat and scrutiny after that GF.

It should never be that way again but sometimes its only a few calls that change momentum.

The problem is once the game is finished everyone moves on and any complaints are seen as being a bad loser.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Check the stats for free kick differential for last 20 years.From memory Collingwood and Eagles were leading that
From memory...LOL

You can actually look em up.

Check the 2023 finals free kicks, Pies were dead last 42 for, 54 against.

The table run in 2018 compared 15 years of free kicks, and in a stunning showing, West Coast (919) received almost double the amount of free kicks as the next team, North Melbourne (472), over the past 15 years.

Pretty standard from ViCBias sooks, dont actually bother to check their assumption and then continue to rant and sook about a bias that isnt supported by stats.

Better get used to your team travelling to Tassie regularly. It is a national comp after all

Or do we thing Tassie should be included in the teams ‘ rostered’ to play extra home games in WA?

Pffft.

Happy to play in Tassie when they come in. Because FINALLY every other team will also be travelling to Tasmania to play.

Unlike now where non Vic teams do most of the travel there. Freo and Eagles have played there for years. Some Vic teams have never pkayed there.

Thats the point.

Well this week will be interesting. McCrae Pies coach let rip at the umpiring in his post game interview. Called the umpiring a circus and had a good old whinge.

At least he acknowledged that if it was a Collingwood home game the noise of affirmation at the MCG would have seen a different call made.

Wonder if he gets a please explain and a fine this week?

Every week we have coaches say "I cant comment" or "I dont want to lose money commenting on umpiring".

Last edited:
From memory...LOL

You can actually look em up.

Check the 2023 finals free kicks, Pies were dead last 42 for, 54 against.

The table run in 2018 compared 15 years of free kicks, and in a stunning showing, West Coast (919) received almost double the amount of free kicks as the next team, North Melbourne (472), over the past 15 years.

Pretty standard from ViCBias sooks, dont actually bother to check their assumption and then continue to rant and sook about a bias that isnt supported by stats.
Post it then.Couldnt find it when in a rush but from memory ..Pretty sure also from memory as of few years ago Vic sides had around 20 % win loss ratio when playing finals outside of Vic.Post that here if u have time.Bottom line if AFL is a mickey mouse competition. Until Victorians start demanding the grand final is rotated so at least we a get better indicator of really who the true champion sides are rather than 2014 ,16,17 where the lower place teams are advantaged by playing in there home state when they don't deserve it

Post it then.Couldnt find it when in a rush but from memory ..Pretty sure also from memory as of few years ago Vic sides had around 20 % win loss ratio when playing finals outside of Vic.Post that here if u have time.Bottom line if AFL is a mickey mouse competition. Until Victorians start demanding the grand final is rotated so at least we a get better indicator of really who the true champion sides are rather than 2014 ,16,17 where the lower place teams are advantaged by playing in there home state when they don't deserve it
From memory...

LoL

Well this week will be interesting. McCrae Pies coach let rip at the umpiring in his post game interview. Called the umpiring a circus and had a good old whinge.

At least he acknowledged that if it was a Collingwood home game the noise of affirmation at the MCG would have seen a different call made.

Wonder if he gets a please explain and a fine this week.

Every week we have coaches say "I cant comment" or "I dont want to lose money commenting on umpiring".

The head umps will get in a car and drive down to Victoria Park for a coffee chat to say sorry like they did with Scott and Geelong.

Is Craig McRae watching the Freo Cats game? Home ground advantage my ass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back