Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you interested in a trade for Dwayne Russell and Robbo for Xavier Ellis and Andrew Embley. Those 2 WA boys go ok i reckon.
Ellis is a Victorian?

If you want a like for like, the Russell and Robbo for Gossage and one of Hardie/Barich would probably suffice ;)

Irrelevant.

They're trying to appeal to a national audience and there's more people in NSW, for starters.

You don't grow a business by only pandering to people who already consume your product, you expand it.

Being Vic-centric only serves to work against growing the game nationally.

And like I said previously, it's understandable that Vic teams will be given more airtime, because there's more of them.

That isn't the issue here. The issue is being clearly biased toward the interests of Vic clubs, instead of simply reporting on goings on.

Victoria's been milked by the AFL and there's nothing left to gain there. If they're serious about being the national game, then they need to do more to appeal to people outside of Vic.

That starts with getting competent people in the media and not people who still think it's the VFL from 40 years ago.
Oh well, you seem to be the expert on this, explain to us all why the media concentrate on the Vics more?

So the NATIONAL AFL site and NATIONAL media are discussing state if origin again,

Even came up with who would be in the teams.

The Vics I must say do have a very strong outfit. Very impressive.

Now the other state teams in comparison? Um. Oh? Well......

Oh wait........they didnt bother? Just lumped every other state into an Allies team.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Ken Jeong GIF by The Masked Singer

Sigh.

It's not about them 'concentrating' on them more.

I've already explained it a number of times in the last couple of pages.
No you haven't all you have done is have another sook and went on and on about saving the world.

Money.
Money.
Money.

That is what the media want, people watching generates MONEY, how?
Because the more people viewing, the more companies want to advertise to those viewers, so it's a vicious circle.

When NSW turn into a footy state and more and more viewers appear, watch how the market changes it will then be NSW centric.

It's disgusting that the non-Victorian clubs have to finanically prop up the Victorian laggards.

Last year $204m (over half of the entire AFL club distributions) went to support Vic clubs, including over $70m to keep St Kilda, North and Footscray afloat. These clubs are not financially sustainable and should get out of the way of a sustainably national comp.

It's disgusting that the non-Victorian clubs have to finanically prop up the Victorian laggards.

Last year $204m (over half of the entire AFL club distributions) went to support Vic clubs, including over $70m to keep St Kilda, North and Footscray afloat. These clubs are not financially sustainable and should get out of the way of a sustainably national comp.
That's about to introduce Tassie?

I've never really understood the carry on about bias in the media. I live in SA - of course the media over here is stupidly biased towards Port and the Crows, as I'd assume is the case in WA, ditto with the Vic based media - thehy've all got a target market. I never understood why people cared whether or not Eddie's commentary was biased towards the Pies or why Pies fans carry on about Hodge and Dunstall being biased against us. Bias and barracking is one of the things that makes the game so engaging. Protecting the sanctity of footy commentary to be free from bias? Why? Who cares? It's a very different thing to bias from the AFL.
Agree

No you haven't all you have done is have another sook and went on and on about saving the world.

Money.
Money.
Money.

That is what the media want, people watching generates MONEY, how?
Because the more people viewing, the more companies want to advertise to those viewers, so it's a vicious circle.

When NSW turn into a footy state and more and more viewers appear, watch how the market changes it will then be NSW centric.
Completely missing the point, because Vics aren't going to cancel their Kayo subscription because Jono Brown thinks Dangerfield is a good bloke who deserves to be let off a tackle that anyone else would get done for.

Interstate supporters might though, when they're consistently dished up with this absolute tripe from a supposedly national broadcaster.

Approximate 10-year totals (2012-21)
Including 2021 estimates.

Team Amount
GWS $203,000,000
Gold Coast $198,000,000
Bris Lions $160,000,000
St Kilda $156,000,000
Western Bulldogs $139,000,000
North Melbourne $134,000,000
Melbourne $132,000,000
Port Adelaide $122,000,000

Completely missing the point, because Vics aren't going to cancel their Kayo subscription because Jono Brown thinks Dangerfield is a good bloke who deserves to be let off a tackle that anyone else would get done for.

Interstate supporters might though, when they're consistently dished up with this absolute tripe from a supposedly national broadcaster.
Ok, I have no idea, you have the answers, I don't know why I bothered.

Bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A national broadcaster should work to appeal to a national audience, not one city in a country as big as Australia.

Pretty simple concept to understand, I'd have thought.
Chist all mighty, you never give up.
Yeah a national broadcaster should, I tried to tell you how they operate, you seem to not want to listen, so work it out for yourself, all i've seen is you crying about it, it won't change until the audience changes, whether you like it or not.

It's VICBIASED, that is what this thread is about, it's Vic biased and will stay like that until the market dictates otherwise.

Chist all mighty, you never give up.
Yeah a national broadcaster should, I tried to tell you how they operate, you seem to not want to listen, so work it out for yourself, all i've seen is you crying about it, it won't change until the audience changes, whether you like it or not.

It's VICBIASED, that is what this thread is about, it's Vic biased and will stay like that until the market dictates otherwise.
The market already dictates it, because there's nothing more to gain from Vic.

There's too many VFL dinosaurs involved at senior levels who fail to recognise it.

The AFL itself is quite poorly managed, after all.

Imagine if you bothered to make any attempt to open yourself up to another market? Heaven forbid you try and be more successful.

There's too many VFL dinosaurs involved at senior levels who fail to recognise it.

Imagine if you bothered to make any attempt to open yourself up to another market? Heaven forbid you try and be more successful.
Instead of Robbo spitting on Gerard 3 nights a week they could do a panel type show with a host from each state to go over the weekends results and the upcoming games. Montagna seems to be the most researched Vic host. Bernie Vince as an SA analyst is actually pretty good when not trying to be a knob. The 360 format 3 nights a week is as stale as Robbo's leftover pizza

OMG how thick are you?
Let me try explain, maybe it's just me.

Lets say we have 10 Collingwood supporters and 1 West Coast supporter.

We don't want those Collingwood supporters to turn off, so we talk about them more than West Coast, if the West Coast supporter turns off, the damage done is minimal.
So we bow to the audience, because we need to generate money, 10 viewers generates more money than 1.

Now if you don't understand that, I can't help you any more, go ask your mom.

OMG how thick are you?
Let me try explain, maybe it's just me.

Lets say we have 10 Collingwood supporters and 1 West Coast supporter.

We don't want those Collingwood supporters to turn off, so we talk about them more than West Coast, if the West Coast supporter turns off, the damage done is minimal.
So we bow to the audience, because we need to generate money, 10 viewers generates more money than 1.

Now if you don't understand that, I can't help you any more, go ask your mom.
It's not me who's being thick here, I've already acknowledged that Vic teams are always going to get more coverage because there's simply more of them.

You're either intentionally ignoring my point, or lack the intelligence to comprehend it.

You've also used a terrible example, because my point it that Fox is a national broadcaster, and WCE have at least as many supporters as Collingwood do.

Most don't bother to turn into their shows though, because they know any coverage won't be favourable, or they'll just spend an entire segment on WCE discussing which Vic club Harley should end up at.

Imagine how many more would tune in if the 5 minutes of airtime they gave them per week was actually interesting to watch?

Instead of Robbo spitting on Gerard 3 nights a week they could do a panel type show with a host from each state to go over the weekends results and the upcoming games. Montagna seems to be the most researched Vic host. Bernie Vince as an SA analyst is actually pretty good when not trying to be a knob. The 360 format 3 nights a week is as stale as Robbo's leftover pizza
Yeah, 360 is mostly a waste of time. Robbo mumbling about some issue that got his panties in a twist during the week and Gerard trying to sound like an intellectual.

Only really worth it for coaches' night, and that's if they rotate them.

Very stale format indeed.

Bounce is more interesting to watch these days...

It's not me who's being thick here, I've already acknowledged that Vic teams are always going to get more coverage because there's simply more of them.

You're either intentionally ignoring my point, or lack the intelligence to comprehend it.

You've also used a terrible example, because my point it that Fox is a national broadcaster, and WCE have at least as many supporters as Collingwood do.

Most don't bother to turn into their shows though, because they know any coverage won't be favourable, or they'll just spend an entire segment on WCE discussing which Vic club Harley should end up at.

Imagine how many more would tune in if the 5 minutes of airtime they gave them per week was actually interesting to watch?
You see you took them literally.
Collingwood = Vic
West Coast = non-Vic.

Now go all the way back to my 1st post on this, you will see I said Vics don't care about non-Vic clubs, they don't want to listen about them.
If West Coast fans turn off, oh well bad luck, the media would rather that than the Vics turning off.

Now I know you think it should be neutral and bow to all supporters, but it doesn't, i've tried to explain why it doesn't.

It seems no matter what or how I try to say it, you won't or can't understand.

So now I couldn't give a rats if you understand or no, I will just sit back and laugh at you from now on.

You see you took them literally.
Collingwood = Vic
West Coast = non-Vic.

Now go all the way back to my 1st post on this, you will see I said Vics don't care about non-Vic clubs, they don't want to listen about them.
If West Coast fans turn off, oh well bad luck, the media would rather that than the Vics turning off.

Now I know you think it should be neutral and bow to all supporters, but it doesn't, i've tried to explain why it doesn't.

It seems no matter what or how I try to say it, you won't or can't understand.

So now I couldn't give a rats if you understand or no, I will just sit back and laugh at you from now on.

Your attitude is exactly why the AFL has struggled for so long to get a major foothold in NSW and Queensland.

An inferior code such as the NRL manages to garner more media popularity because their media coverage is simply better.

And again, you've missed the point completely.

The point isn't non-Vic clubs should be given more attention, they should simply put more effort into them when they cover them.

They're simply leaving money on the table to pander to people whose opinion is mostly irrelevant.

Speak for yourself. Our blokes have been off in Bali staying in hotels. Disgusting that the AFL has forced them into a travel double up by scheduling a game against Gold Coast straight after the obligatory Bali trip.
Travel and time spent in hotels😲

It will be heroic if the Pies can get up this arvo after having to deal with international flights and sleeping in a hotel during the bye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back