Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree.

Baker is 3 years younger, actually gets on the park (didn't miss a game in 2021-23) and was top6 in Richmond BnF for last 4 years in addition to being AFL players most courageous player in 2022 and Richmond's vice-captain.

Barrass will be 29 in off-season, is always injured, he has never managed 20 games in any season.

Pretty clear would expect greater output from Baker going forward, so his value should be higher.

Also agree, but heres the kicker. The Hawks have all of a sudden entered into a window and they want Barrass badly, hence Mitchell came over and caught up with him.
They will be paying a hefty price I reckon and they are already happy to do so within reason.
As for Baker well I would love to have him at the Eagles for two reasons, one he is a good consistent player and Two he will help raise the standards that have dropped so low at the Eagles.
But I would not use a first round pick on him. I know he wants to look after Richmond but thats not our issue. Our issue is to go to the draft and bring in as much young talented mids as we can.

The Vic media absolutely try to control the narrative around trade period and try to fleece the 'interstate' clubs.
You do realise the media has no involvement in deals? Check out what Collingwood gave up for Schultz last year, only one club 'fleeced'.

Wasnt one of the big VICBias pretend sooks that big Melbourne based clubs keep players when they are battling?

Richmond are supposedly a big Melbourne club - Graham, Bolton, Baker and Rioli want out.

Also agree, but heres the kicker. The Hawks have all of a sudden entered into a window and they want Barrass badly, hence Mitchell came over and caught up with him.
They will be paying a hefty price I reckon and they are already happy to do so within reason.
As for Baker well I would love to have him at the Eagles for two reasons, one he is a good consistent player and Two he will help raise the standards that have dropped so low at the Eagles.
But I would not use a first round pick on him. I know he wants to look after Richmond but thats not our issue. Our issue is to go to the draft and bring in as much young talented mids as we can.
Fan of club wants maximum reward for their player, and doesnt want to give up much for an incoming player.

The only bias is that ALL fans over-rate their own players during trade season.

The contracted ones you can always get a bit more for. Pending on who it is.
Pending on who it is...

A vice captain who a club wants to keep, a club will need to pony up to get them in.

A fringe player who isnt getting a game, and isnt in plans moving forward, a token 3rd round pick swap will be enough to appease even with a contract.

According to Ralph (a Richmond stooge, to be fair), the pick the Eagles receive for Barrass should simply be flipped to the Tigers for Baker, as if they are the same value.
Two very solid footballers. As a kpd, Barrass would be worth more if they were the same age, but he's a fair bit older with an injury history likely to need managing. If you can turn Barrass into Baker without adding anything you will have done very well.

Agree.

Baker is 3 years younger, actually gets on the park (didn't miss a game in 2021-23) and was top6 in Richmond BnF for last 4 years in addition to being AFL players most courageous player in 2022 and Richmond's vice-captain.

Barrass will be 29 in off-season, is always injured, he has never managed 20 games in any season.

Pretty clear would expect greater output from Baker going forward, so his value should be higher.
You do know Barrass is our vice captain, no? And actually won a B&F? And is a key position player? And is contracted? And averages about 17-18 games a year? And is only two years and two months older than Baker?

Quality trolling attempt though.

You do know Barrass is our vice captain, no?
As is Baker, so all square.
And actually won a B&F?
In a year where the Eagles won 2 games!

Baker coming 6th in a premiership year, 4th in another when Tigers made finals plus a 2nd in another year. Baker more important to Richmond success.

And is a key position player? And is contracted?
Yeah he is taller and contracted but he wants out.

And averages about 17-18 games a year? And is only two years and two months older than Baker?
150 games across 10 seasons, not sure how good your maths are but that doesnt avg 18 games. Getting 18 games from Barrass is a GREAT output, not his avg.

And yes, Barrass born in 1995 and Baker 1998.

Agree with you now, when comparing the pair it is obvious that Baker is the more valuable player, so Richmond would deservedly want a sweetener.

150 games across 10 seasons, not sure how good your maths are but that doesnt avg 18 games. Getting 18 games from Barrass is a GREAT output, not his avg.
Starting to wonder how good your footy knowledge is. Very few players notch up bulk games in their first year, even less so if you are a tall. So trying to ascertain his average games by including those seems disingenuous at best. Since becoming an established player, he has been pretty durable, usually missing no more than a few games a year. He's played 18 games or more five times, first two years three and 10, leaving only three seasons since becoming established where he played less (16, 14 and 14 if you're interested). Hell, he would have easily made 20 this year if we hadn't put him in cotton wool.

You do know Barrass is our vice captain, no? And actually won a B&F? And is a key position player? And is contracted? And averages about 17-18 games a year? And is only two years and two months older than Baker?

Quality trolling attempt though.
You might want to look up Baker's resume. You'll feel foolish.

Richmond's Vice captain and has been second in a best in fairest in a team that wasn't rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting to wonder how good your footy knowledge is. Very few players notch up bulk games in their first year, even less so if you are a tall. So trying to ascertain his average games by including those seems disingenuous at best. Since becoming an established player, he has been pretty durable, usually missing no more than a few games a year. He's played 18 games or more five times, first two years three and 10, leaving only three seasons since becoming established where he played less (16, 14 and 14 if you're interested). Hell, he would have easily made 20 this year if we hadn't put him in cotton wool.
Coulda / shoulda and excuses

You can rely on Baker to play every game, and regularly finish in top6 of BnF for a good team.

But yes, it is others who are biased in rating the younger bloke with better consistent output as more valuable.

You might want to look up Baker's resume. You'll feel foolish.

Richmond's Vice captain and has been second in a best in fairest in a team that wasn't rubbish.

Who is better Baker or Barrass I am not interested in. I would love the Eagles to get Baker but our priority has to be the draft. We are going to be down for a while I think and we need to load up on young talent.
The club I am sure will do differently but it’s how I think we should go.

You are good at fudging numbers, you have done this a number of times now, then make it out like it's nothing.

He doesn't average 18 games a season, that is a fact, you can even take away his 1st 2 seasons and he still doesn't average 18
Who is the troll?

Who is better Baker or Barrass I am not interested in. I would love the Eagles to get Baker but our priority has to be the draft. We are going to be down for a while I think and we need to load up on young talent.
The club I am sure will do differently but it’s how I think we should go.
Fair enough. And I'm not saying he's better or worse than Barrass. They're both very good footballers.

Personally, I think he'd be perfect for you guys. He's a coaches dream type of player who would probably be your captain pretty quickly as a leader in the age bracket you have a big gulf. And he's young enough to be part of a genuine rise when you do pull it off.

Fair enough. And I'm not saying he's better or worse than Barrass. They're both very good footballers.

Personally, I think he'd be perfect for you guys. He's a coaches dream type of player who would probably be your captain pretty quickly as a leader in the age bracket you have a big gulf. And he's young enough to be part of a genuine rise when you do pull it off.

Yep you may be convincing me…. We definitely need someone to help let Harley grow.

I love watching him play.
He has a dip, and can play either end and pinch hit in the middle as well, most/all teams would like him.

Spot on mate, I guess I am just a bit observant of Tassie coming in and thinking we need to load up on youth.
But you guys make great points.

Have a look at the way they report it compared to Dan Houston.

Here its Gold Coast will need to give up two first round picks for Rioli.

But with two time All Australian Dan Houston, its "Port are asking for two first round picks... and Melbourne based club are offering"

Always to put the impression that Port is being overly demanding. And that the lesser offer from the Victorian club should be considered. But with Rioli its straight up "two first rounders is the cost".
richmond fans want at leas a 1st rounder for Liam baker. He is better off signing a one year extension and become a free agent this time next season

He says himself that he has ongoing back issues that will need to be managed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back