Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Living in Adelaide is a punishment. lol

Yes, Putting dead Bodies in barrels is a South Aussie past time. lol

You can dump refugees from 3rd world countries into Adelaide. Even then those 3rd world refugees have standards lol

In breaking news from Adelaide, Florence has replaced her box hedge with some dwarf magnolia bushes.

Two things:

a) You can switch to 5AA, or ABC footy broadcast, or ...
b) It's just a commercial reality - like having less access to supermarkets if you choose to live in the bush - it's not an AFL based Vicbias issue. And frankly I think you're exaggerating. It's quite often pretty clear that a commentary crew are barracking against a Vic clubs and for a Non-Vic club - it shouldn't surprise you that former Hawk players aren't always that fond of Collingwood or Carlton. The issue is more in the footy talk shows where the focus is Vic.
I watched the replay of the 2017 GF with the 5AA commentary. They were very entertaining.

I’ll say one thing, for all of Adelaide faults as a city, watching the demise of Melbourne as a place to live over the last 20 years, almost makes me feel sad for you all.

Hasn’t Melbourne been voted one if the worlds best cities to live?
Is nothing like what it was 20 years ago.
in my humble opinion only.
I’m guessing Dictator Dan had something to do with that.
COVID as well.
Add an exploding population without the infrastructure to match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is nothing like what it was 20 years ago.
in my humble opinion only.
I’m guessing Dictator Dan had something to do with that.
COVID as well.
Add an exploding population without the infrastructure to match.
Still a good city, but traffic has become a pain.

I dont know about that. Swans maybe.

Again... I was gutted freo lost to Port and dockers were denied a finals spot.

But for Port to do that weak effort vs the cats in the qualifying final, that is unforgivable. I really wanted 2 non vic sides in the grand final. Could of been Port vs one of the NSW sides.

This 2024 season has the same stink of 2015. In 2024, Cats were the only Vic side in the top 4. They will get in the grand final now. I cant see cats squander a flag chance now.

Hawks in 2015 were the only Victorian side in the top 4 with Freo, Swans and eagles. Hawks got into the grand final and won the flag in 2015.
Geelong 2024 is no Hawthorn 2015… if they get past GWS (or Brisbane), reckon Sydney will towel them up. Memories of 2022 will spur them on.

Geelong 2024 is no Hawthorn 2015… if they get past GWS (or Brisbane), reckon Sydney will towel them up. Memories of 2022 will spur them on.
Hawks system is going to be bloody hard to beat. I wish they were in the same half as Cats as I htink the Cats coaches are the ones who might be able to work out how to put the breaks on them.

The national coverage isn't by the AFL - like the state based coverage, it's done by commercial media outlets with commercial considerations. The same principal holds in both markets though - if you're a minority in that market then you get less coverage.

Like I said:

"The AFL did actually do deals to ensure prime time coverage in the Northern states when it didn't rate and was unprofitable. To expect them to go beyond that and dictate content is absurd. Particularly when your criticisms go beyond the broadcasting of games to include footy shows which aren't part of broadcasting agreements."

Are you going to address it - or just dismiss it with a strawman claiming "strawman."
Yes, heaven forbid that a registered "Not for profit" organisation with all its perks that come from said status, don't make a profit.

Yes, heaven forbid that a registered "Not for profit" organisation with all its perks that come from said status, don't make a profit.
You should write a letter to Rupert Murdoch and let him know that Newscorp is not for profit.

Or are you suggesting that the AFL shouldn't sell broadcast rights and broadcast themselves - that'd go well...

Or maybe you're one of the fantasists who thinks that the AFL can and should control Fox Footy content ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back