Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

MCC allocation is the same as it is every year. Line up at the MCC gates and buy a ticket on the day.
There is likely a varying range of supporter bases in attendance. My uncle follows Carlton and has sat in the MCC for every GF in the last 40 years. They haven't been in one for around 25 years.
Do you reckon it’s a fair cop to say these tickets will more easily find their way into the vic supporter’s hands?

Do you reckon it’s a fair cop to say these tickets will more easily find their way into the vic supporter’s hands?
What does it matter? If the GF is Collingwood v Brisbane and dogs or Saints or blues fans use their MCC membership what does it matter in terms of fairness? They support neither club.

AFL Gold Members get the same access to GF's and that can be anyone from all 18 clubs.

There's 35000 tickets for competing fans. Every other ticket is neutral fans, corporates, sponsors, AFL club internal allocations and prize winners.

If they were to ever move the GF to a lower capacity venue the AFL members, corporates and AFL club allocations would still remain. What would get lower is the allocation to competing club ballots.

A hell of a lot of neutrals go to the GF.
Now if you know anything about Vic footy tribalism, you would know a neutral is very unlikely to be barracking for another Vic team in the GF, so if it's a Vic V non-Vic gf, it's more than likely they will be barracking for the non-Vic team.

So for a Vic team to outnumber a non-Team with support, they would need to buy nearly every ticket on sale of the tickets that won't be used.

Sometimes it does happen, but most times the non-Vics will have equal support

That's fans not clubs, you are all over the shop now, Brissy fans still had to travel and find accommodation, make up your mind.

If it's crowds at the game, then you are saying no team has the advantage when both have support, just the supporters that are disadvantaged.

So the GF is neutral, except fans have to pay more?
They pretend travel is an impost...but Hawthorn travelling an playing in Tassie aint a disadvantage.

For a player, travel is secondary to ground advantage.

The SA/WA sook is ultimately they used to be able to just walk to their GF when it was WAFL and SANFL, and they sook how as a fan they cant do that anymore.

The NSW sook is funnier, as they know exactly how it works in the NRL...QLD and VIC teams have to head to Sydney which is rugby heartland and they have the big stadium.

A hell of a lot of neutrals go to the GF.
Now if you know anything about Vic footy tribalism, you would know a neutral is very unlikely to be barracking for another Vic team in the GF, so if it's a Vic V non-Vic gf, it's more than likely they will be barracking for the non-Vic team.

So for a Vic team to outnumber a non-Team with support, they would need to buy nearly every ticket on sale of the tickets that won't be used.

Sometimes it does happen, but most times the non-Vics will have equal support
I dunno LL, most of the AFL media seem to barrack for Victorian footy.

God could the chip on your shoulder be any larger.
In 1997 you played your first match in a competition headed and based around Victoria, even re-branded from Victoria.

It will always be a Vic-centric competition.
Why is that so hard to understand?

Do you really believe that?
The media what I listen to try to make a dull game sound exciting.

Most try to hide who they follow, but you have a few who can't like Luke Hodge.

Same thing as umpiring, sook supporters look at every bad decision against their team, or non-Vic team if their team aren't playing and say it's biased umpiring.

Like the other night, I saw a great tight game of footy, with some bad umpiring decisions both ways, Port supporters seen a biased umpiring display.

All it does is make you look more like sooks every time you do it.

Same thing as umpiring, sook supporters look at every bad decision against their team, or non-Vic team if their team aren't playing and say it's biased umpiring.

Like the other night, I saw a great tight game of footy, with some bad umpiring decisions both ways, Port supporters seen a biased umpiring display.

But mate, that only happens to non-Vic sides remember, who would have thought an umpire could make a mistake against Collingwood.

For your info, I was over it as soon as the siren sounded, I don't blame umpires, never have and never will.

And I also said after the game when people complained about that decision, that we got a non call in the 1st when Stephenson kicked a goal.

You just can NOT be serious regarding Friday night’s game. Has Collingwood ever copped a rogering like that in its entire history, let alone in a final?

Of course. Most MCC members are Vics. However, I guarantee you that his Carlton supporting uncle is barracking for a Non-Vic club against the Pies or the other big Vic clubs on GF day.

Of course. Most MCC members are Vics. However, I guarantee you that his Carlton supporting uncle is barracking for a Non-Vic club against the Pies or the other big Vic clubs on GF day.
See, I just don’t think that’s true listening to people online and in the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just can NOT be serious regarding Friday night’s game. Has Collingwood ever copped a rogering like that in its entire history, let alone in a final?
There you go, I am a neutral, what I saw was a great tight game, I saw the rub of the green go Ports way most of the 1st half, with the iffy decisions, then in the 2nd half I saw that changed and the Hawks got the iffy ones, but overall I think it was not too bad, Port won the free kick count didn't they.

But you have skin in the fight, you think you were hard done by, just like most of your posting history I have read, you are always hard done by.

See, I just don’t think that’s true listening to people online and in the media.
It's true.

For most of the neutral Vics in this final's series the prference was:

1. Dogs (underdogs)
2-5 Various order of the Non-Vic clubs
6-7 Geelong, Hawks
8 Carlton

A few variations here and there.

Last edited:
There you go, I am a neutral, what I saw was a great tight game, I saw the rub of the green go Ports way most of the 1st half, with the iffy decisions, then in the 2nd half I saw that changed and the Hawks got the iffy ones, but overall I think it was not too bad, Port won the free kick count didn't they.

But you have skin in the fight, you think you were hard done by, just like most of your posting history I have read, you are always hard done by.
Show me a game where a non vic side travels to vic and gets the same proportion of goals from contentious frees in a final.

Or just any game against Collingwood.

Cmon EG, do you honestly think that a Pie fan would be barracking for Carlton in a GF? Or any vic team if they're playing a non vic team?
Absolutely. You ask the question like every afl show or podcast hasn’t been just old dudes from all sorts of vic backgrounds wanking each other off over hokball. IRL fans have the same misplaced nostalgia I find.

Show me a game where a non vic side travels to vic and gets the same proportion of goals from contentious frees in a final.

Or just any game against Collingwood.
Port have been getting leg ups from the umpires since they entered the comp.

How else do you explain their ladder positions year on year, then bundled out with nothing to show for it, they have lost the most home finals in the history of the AFL.

If the umpires didn't help them they wouldn't finish so high and wouldn't embarrass themselves so often.

You see mate anyone can do what you do.

We are finished here, you are just another Port sook.

Bye now

Port have been getting leg ups from the umpires since they entered the comp.

How else do you explain their ladder positions year on year, then bundled out with nothing to show for it, they have lost the most home finals in the history of the AFL.

If the umpires didn't help them they wouldn't finish so high and wouldn't embarrass themselves so often.

You see mate anyone can do what you do.

We are finished here, you are just another Port sook.

Bye now
Answer the question. Can’t you answer a simple question? Huh? Hmm?

Absolutely. You ask the question like every afl show or podcast hasn’t been just old dudes from all sorts of vic backgrounds wanking each other off over hokball. IRL fans have the same misplaced nostalgia I find.
Well if you think I'd barrack for carlton, ever, you're terribly wrong. Always barrack for the team opposing them, unless it's ess or rich, in which case I'm hoping for a nil all draw.

Forget about podcasts with old dudes, they don't reflect the sentiment of vic fans, vic fans want success for their club, not because they're a vic team.

and it just isn't as easy for non-Victorians to get to Victoria for the game. It requires a lot more money and a lot more planning.
You might want to do the maths on this.

17,000 members tickets to the Grand Final per club. 100,000 Collingwood members, all whom would like to go. Premium paid for a membership that will get you the opportunity to buy a grand final ticket if we make it. And you can't just wait until we make it to get to pay for the right to buy a ticket- when we're half a chance that list is full with a waiting list, so you pay that premium every year.

Versus

Northern Club - buy a standard membership - when you make it, buy a grand final ticket. Drive or fly to Melbourne. Pay for a night in a hotel.

It's significantly cheaper in the long run for a Northern Club member to watch their team in Grand Finals than a Pies fan. WCE are comfortably the most expensive.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back