Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Cmon EG, do you honestly think that a Pie fan would be barracking for Carlton in a GF? Or any vic team if they're playing a non vic team?
Seriously staggering that this obvious logic flies over the heads of so many non-Vic club supporters.

The Port Adelaide fan who would never support Adelaide in a GF for obvious reasons, cannot wrap their heads around the fact that Carlton fans would not support Collingwood in a GF, or Hawks fans would not support Geelong in a GF.

In a Vic vs non-Vic grand final, Victorians that attend a GF where their side is not playing will support the non-Vic side 4 times out of 5 at a minimum.

Seriously staggering that this obvious logic flies over the heads of so many non-Vic club supporters.

The Port Adelaide fan who would never support Adelaide in a GF for obvious reasons, cannot wrap their heads around the fact that Carlton fans would not support Collingwood in a GF, or Hawks fans would not support Geelong in a GF.

And not just not support Carlton - barrack for their opposiiton very vocally.

Anyway. Port have done well to make a prelim with the cards so heavily stacked against them, such as easiest draw - not playing a single finals team twice - and an extra home game that then gave them two home finals. Bloody Vicbias.
We played Carlton twice. At the start of the year it was said that we had one of the hardest draws, you realise if we beat other teams, they drop lower on the ladder, therefore seeming like it's an easier draw? I mean you're right, this year we played 16 teams that finished lower than us this year... How could the AFL choose to fix it like that?? We played 3 of last years finalists twice, how should they know who's going to be strong next year or not? Fairest thing would be every club plays each other twice but that's too many games.
We also beat 5 of the 7 other finalists including demolishing the minor Premier by 112, so yeah I think we are exactly where we should be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But the only example of them “getting shafted” you can bring up is one where they face another Victorian side?
It’s a massive ‘shaft’ and often season defining. We play 23 games to earn a ‘home’ final, then have to play it at the lower ranked teams home ground, a ground we were lucky enough to play on twice, and last time was early May!
We’re hanging in there as far as being in finals contention every season, surely some more games there at the MCG through the year would be fairer? We play as many games there as do Gold Coast! If they were to ever qualify for a home final it wouldn’t be there it would be on the Gold Coast, their HOME ground.

Honestly…. God help Brisbane or anyone else who comes up against Geelong umpiring this year.
As a port fan ( I assume fairly neutral on the gws/ Brisbane game) was the umpiring biased for the GWS/Brisbane game.
I was at the game, so a bit hard to tell but others are saying it was biased against gws.
I would not be surprised, Geelong would prefer to play Brisbane, also Sydney/Brisbane grandfinal would rate alot better in Qld than sydney/ GWS grand final.

We played Carlton twice. At the start of the year it was said that we had one of the hardest draws, you realise if we beat other teams, they drop lower on the ladder, therefore seeming like it's an easier draw? I mean you're right, this year we played 16 teams that finished lower than us this year... How could the AFL choose to fix it like that?? We played 3 of last years finalists twice, how should they know who's going to be strong next year or not? Fairest thing would be every club plays each other twice but that's too many games.
We also beat 5 of the 7 other finalists including demolishing the minor Premier by 112, so yeah I think we are exactly where we should be.

Rigging it to give you an easy draw like that would have been easy for the AFL. They're amazing. They somehow rig it so that Non-Vic teams are good enough to do really well in the home away but aren't quite good enough to win flags - just read this thread for evidence. Working out that Melbourne and Saints were going to be ordinary this year and that Carlton would be fake finalists would have been a piece of piss for these master manipulators.

In a Vic vs non-Vic grand final, Victorians that attend a GF where their side is not playing will support the non-Vic side 4 times out of 5 at a minimum.
Id support Adelaide.

If they were playing a Vic club.

I dont try to hide it like you Vics, im a South Australian and so are they.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back