Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Id support Adelaide.

If they were playing a Vic club.

I dont try to hide it like you Vics, im a South Australian and so are they.

You really need to let go of this, as it's bunkem.

Being so annoying in your complaints about umpiring and Vic bias that some Pies fans who were barracking for Port against Hawks turned on you isn't evidence that Vics barrack for their Vic rivals.

That is the per season full membership fee.

But that comes after a 32 year wait (MCC latest intake provided full membership to those who joined in 1992) and circa $1500 in joining / entrance fees.
It's a 32 year waiting list because it's bloody cheap comparatively. It's access to every footy and cricket game at the G.

Pies members pay the same for just Pies games and the right to buy a GF ticket when we're good enough to make it.

You really need to let go of this, as it's bunkem.

Being so annoying in your complaints about umpiring and Vic bias that some Pies fans who were barracking for Port against Hawks turned on you isn't evidence that Vics barrack for their Vic rivals.
In isolation probably not, but there are also regular thinly veiled examples of it within the industry and media platforms.

Take your former President, whom Im sure you'll brush off for the excercise, who immediately got up in arms and in defence of Cotchins hit on Shiels in the 2017 Prelim, calling for Supreme Court injunctions before silencing fellow commentator Brereton for initially daring to call it a suspendable action.

Now wether it was a suspendable action is irrelevant, the question is, why would the President at the time of Collingwood be so defensive of the Captain of another Victorian club and bitter rival, so as to call for unprecedented intervention in normal process?

The same President that, with a smug look on his face, revealed the MCG/GF contract extension that favours ALL Vic clubs.

As I said, talk is cheap, your actions give you away.

In isolation probably not, but there are also regular thinly veiled examples of it within the industry and media platforms.

Take your former President, whom Im sure you'll brush off for the excercise, who immediately got up in arms and in defence of Cotchins hit on Shiels in the 2017 Prelim, calling for Supreme Court injunctions before silencing fellow commentator Brereton for initially daring to call it a suspendable action.

Now wether it was a suspendable action is irrelevant, the question is, why would the President at the time of Collingwood be so defensive of the Captain of another Victorian club and bitter rival, so as to call for unprecedented intervention in normal process?

The same President that, with a smug look on his face, revealed the MCG/GF contract extension that favours ALL Vic clubs.

A commentator calling for a player to get off at the tribunal? That's your smoking gun? Nathan Buckley and Jordan Lewis call for every single player to get off for incidents that everyone knows will cop weeks - they must be #everyclubbias.

A commentator calling for a player to get off at the tribunal? That's your smoking gun? Nathan Buckley and Jordan Lewis call for every single player to get off for incidents that everyone knows will cop weeks - they must be #everyclubbias.
Lol, either of those turn red, silence a 5x day and night Premiership hall of famer whilst calling for supreme court action?

Didnt think so, lol.

But 1 example.

Lol, either of those turn red, silence a 5x day and night Premiership hall of famer whilst calling for supreme court action?

Didnt think so, lol.

But 1 example.

I'm confused - isn't Brereton a Vic - calling for a Vic player to get suspended for a GF? Doesn't sound possible - they're all in on it these Vics.

Some Hok fans might still be mad at Hinkley for giving Ginnivan shit but if it's a Port/Cats GF not a single one of them will be supporting us because of that. They'll suck it up and support Port, as they should.
Spot on. The Ginnivan, Sicily, Hinkley thing is a classic storm in a teacup. But there's bragging rights on the line here - we still hold the record for most flags in the AFL era. If your mob wins it, well you join us. Port only have the one AFL flag - they can have another.

Id support Adelaide.

If they were playing a Vic club.

I dont try to hide it like you Vics, im a South Australian and so are they.
My 2 cents worth....

I cannot and never will barrack for Port under any circumstances, regardless of who they are playing or what importance the game is.

If it's a Collingwood vs Port GF for example, then I'm barracking for Collingwood.

I'd be surprised if any PA supporter would barrack for us in any game, let alone a final.

I think it makes sense, all Port Power fans over 27 were once Adelaide fans.
Not so sure about that.

Majority of Power fans have always been Port Magpies fans. Would think some of those would have followed, but not necessarily barracked for (if that makes sense) Collingwood etc as they were the Magpies and were black and white.

Don't think that would have changed too much when the AFC came into the comp in 1991.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd barrack for Freo over a Victorian team in a grand final. I have family members that support the Dockers, bless them.
Freo doesn't count - they might want to be but they're not WCE rivals, they're the underdogs like the Dogs are to Vics, who we'll barrack for against most other teams.

I'm confused - isn't Brereton a Vic - calling for a Vic player to get suspended for a GF? Doesn't sound possible - they're all in on it these Vics.
Being Victorian doesnt mean you cant call it for what it is.
Cotchin didnt only hit Shiel high, he had carry over points and should have copped a game.
Brereton would be 100% correct no matter who it was in that situation, but the Vic media head honcho kicked into overdrive and the correct decision was swept aside.

If thats your rebuttal, then im not suprised you're confused

I think it makes sense, all Port Power fans over 27 were once Adelaide fans.
Being a Centrals supporter growing up idolising Platten I first loosely followed the Hawks.
Once Adelaide entered I took an interest being South Australian.
Since Port entered they've been my club.
In Showdowns theres no question, outside of that refer to my previous comment on them.

I'm opposed to the northern academies on principle unless every other club gets similar exclusive access to players coming through (but that would compromise the draft even further, so I'd prefer the recruitment advantages be scrapped altogether) BUT Gold Coast and GWS have been set up as nurseries for the Big Vic clubs to plunder since their inception. GWS have done well to bring in top talent as they lose it without tumbling down the ladder. Gold Coast less so. But either way it'll be interesting to see how nurturing local talent via their academies is able to offset the talent drain to Victoria.

I'm opposed to the northern academies on principle unless every other club gets similar exclusive access to players coming through (but that would compromise the draft even further, so I'd prefer the recruitment advantages be scrapped altogether) BUT Gold Coast and GWS have been set up as nurseries for the Big Vic clubs to plunder since their inception. GWS have done well to bring in top talent as they lose it without tumbling down the ladder. Gold Coast less so. But either way it'll be interesting to see how nurturing local talent via their academies is able to offset the talent drain to Victoria.

Are you keeping it to GWS and GC so WCE plundering Brisbane of Yeo and Redden doesn't count. The WA teams are the best plunderers. Once again a couple of bloody good players nominating to go West - and only two clubs to divvy them up amongst.

Lol, gee I must be unlucky then.
Literally travelled half way across the country to find myself sitting next to a bunch of self confessed Collingwood fans up from Victoria in NRL heartland. Who actually professed to me that they wanted Port to win before completely losing their minds when I pointed out the bullshit 3 goals from free's the Hawks got to kickstart them.
Spewed forth the old, 'you joined our league, know your place' and had to be dragged out by their Wives incase they 'retalliated' when I responded with 'your league was busted arse broke when WC joined, you wouldnt have a league without us'.

Talk is cheap, your actions give you away and their actions gave them away as parochial Vics.
Any of that sound familiar..lol

Actually, now I think about it, that wasnt you mob I ran into in the Tweed was it SR, LL and CB.
Lol, you've made this up.

Redden's not even from WA. Had no links to WA when we traded for him. Could have used the king's ransom we paid for Tim Kelly as your example instead. Out of contract, nominated West Coast, and yep, that sure as hell drove down his trade value 🤣 And those picks were essentially on-traded for, you guessed it, a GWS gun coming home to Victoria.

Yeo was a HBF when we traded for him 10 years ago. Probably our only successful HBF to midfield transition. A once in a decade occurrence 🤣

Legit WA guns like Buddy or P. Cripps don't come home. Not the way Jeremy Cameron did. Or the crazy arse deal that sent Jack Bowes AND Pick 7 to Geelong in exchange for ... A future third rounder 🙃

Honesty, most of us hate him.
Sounds like a 'vibe' rather than solid proof, do you have it or are you in belief of msm and social media?
Would you want him at the pies? Not in a million years.
So you're assuming now.

We're going a little off topic here too EG.

Last edited:
Redden's not even from WA. Had no links to WA when we traded for him. Could have used the king's ransom we paid for Tim Kelly as your example instead. Out of contract, nominated West Coast, and yep, that sure as hell drove down his trade value 🤣 And those picks were essentially on-traded for, you guessed it, a GWS gun coming home to Victoria.

Yeo was a HBF when we traded for him 10 years ago. Probably our only successful HBF to midfield transition. A once in a decade occurrence 🤣

Legit WA guns like Buddy or P. Cripps don't come home. Not the way Jeremy Cameron did. Or the crazy arse deal that sent Jack Bowes AND Pick 7 to Geelong in exchange for ... A future third rounder 🙃

Plundering from the embattled Cats doesn't quite work. It's why we ignore them losing Ablett and Kelly.

Go home is only one reason players move. But when Freo complain about all they've had poached - have a look at the list they've attracted - them not having a great eye and overrating some or not getting the best out of some is irrelevant: guys like Hogan, Hill, Macarthy, Lobb, Clark, Jackson were all highly desired players when they called them home. You had a really good list and thus not the poaching money for most of the period they got that haul of go home guys - instead of WCE getting them.

The allusion that vic fans are somehow in some sort of secret conspiracy by hiding their real feelings of it's 'vic vs everyone else' but we'll feign that we oppose 'other vic clubs' is the height of conspiracy theory bullshit.

IT'S

A

CLUB

COMPETITION.

NOT A VIC VS NON VIC.

Get that through your thick heads, or meh, continue your misguided conspiracy theory, couldn't care less.

Go Port!

Freo are definitely big on bringing big name players in. And then they usually stink it up and leave again. Hogan, Hill, Lobb etc. it's a revolving door down there.

Even now when they're ... OK? And we're shit they're certain to nab Bolton. Meanwhile WA boy Barrass is off to Hawthorn.

Because Eddie is an idiot, his sentiment is not reflective of the Pie fan base.

Your sentiment about vic v non vic is conspiracy theory bullshit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back