Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The allusion that vic fans are somehow in some sort of secret conspiracy by hiding their real feelings of it's 'vic vs everyone else' but we'll feign that we oppose 'other vic clubs' is the height of conspiracy theory bullshit.

IT'S

A

CLUB

COMPETITION.

NOT A VIC VS NON VIC.

Get that through your thick heads, or meh, continue your misguided conspiracy theory, couldn't care less.

Go Port!
Pretty lame move to undermine any of this as a “conspiracy theory”. The bloody Raygun defense. Pointing out a consistent pattern of favouritism is not donning a tin foil hat.

Pretty lame move to undermine any of this as a “conspiracy theory”. The bloody Raygun defense. Pointing out a consistent pattern of favouritism is not donning a tin foil hat.
Being certain of theories and then looking for things that could possibly support it, whilst ignoring things that don't fit the theory.

If you're doing that (which you are) - then you're well and truly on the way to donning the tin foil.

You should write a letter to Rupert Murdoch and let him know that Newscorp is not for profit.

Or are you suggesting that the AFL shouldn't sell broadcast rights and broadcast themselves - that'd go well...

Or maybe you're one of the fantasists who thinks that the AFL can and should control Fox Footy content ...
Why not, ? They control everything else

No, I have not made it up and would go as far as to swear it on my kids lives.
I actually mentioned it in real time in the matchday thread.
Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

Being certain of theories and then looking for things that could possibly support it, whilst ignoring things that don't fit the theory.

If you're doing that (which you are) - then you're well and truly on the way to donning the tin foil.
Looking for it, lol.

If someone sits down next to you and says/does things you cant possibly expect, it can hardly be considered looking for it.
Perhaps your thoughts just dont represent the real state of play.

Looking for it, lol.

If someone sits down next to you and says/does things you cant possibly expect, it can hardly be considered looking for it.
If you hear a commentator say someone shouldn't get suspended and then assume it is due to Vicbias, then you are indeed looking for it.

If you assume free kicks not going the way you want, then you are indeed looking for it.

If you assume Vicbias because someone gave you a comeback when you were carrying on about vicbias in a pub, then you are indeed looking for it.

If the hat fits.

Looking for it, lol.

As a Port Adelaide fan having previously lived in Melbourne for close to a decade, I can 100% back you up on the Vic superiority call.

The only time I never saw it was at Princes Park when Tredrea kicked 8 with 16 marks in three quarters and then hurt his knee. Genuine sympathy that day.

(And yes, saw it from Crows supporters against Vics pre1997 as well who would have had no idea I was a Port Adelaide fan)

Lol, you've made this up.
Read it again.

What story do you think the Pies fans would tell?

We went to this pub and were barracking for Port - who the **** wants Hawthorn to win. But there was this Port fan there who couldn't stop carrying on about free kicks and vicbias, so we told him to F off.

Legit WA guns like Buddy or P. Cripps don't come home. Not the way Jeremy Cameron did. Or the crazy arse deal that sent Jack Bowes AND Pick 7 to Geelong in exchange for ... A future third rounder 🙃

How the **** was there not a royal commission into that? A salary dump trade to a club that just won the flag? Every club in the league would have taken that trade but it just so happened that the club with 700k in free salary cap space was.....last year's premiers???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the afl wanted to conspire against non vic just coz non vic, then the footy landscape would look a lot different than what it does now.

Certainly vic fans aren't collectively conspiring against non vic.

Take the foil hat off.
so you agree that the AFL is a boy’s club. Good old mates at the top from all the right vic independent schools handing out jobs for the boys and pulling strings to get the outcome they want. BUT lucky for us they just happen to be walking paragons of fairness when it comes to the way clubs are treated. Sure mate.

If it was unfair for non vic teams then the landscape would look like ridiculous fines for interstate teams, extreme leniency for Victorian players at the tribunal, Victorian teams umpires to premiership glory, etc.
Oh wait..

so you agree that the AFL is a boy’s club. Good old mates at the top from all the right vic independent schools handing out jobs for the boys and pulling strings to get the outcome they want. BUT lucky for us they just happen to be walking paragons of fairness when it comes to the way clubs are treated. Sure mate.

If it was unfair for non vic teams then the landscape would look like ridiculous fines for interstate teams, extreme leniency for Victorian players at the tribunal, Victorian teams umpires to premiership glory, etc.
Oh wait..
Dil fits the bill (although technically not as he's from a catholic school) . Gil was a St Peters boy. I assume you know the school, but if not, you might want to look up where that is. Richard Goyder is from Perth. Not sure about the rest of the recent head honchos from the AFL.

Last edited:
Read it again.

What story do you think the Pies fans would tell?

We went to this pub and were barracking for Port - who the **** wants Hawthorn to win. But there was this Port fan there who couldn't stop carrying on about free kicks and vicbias, so we told him to F off.
Couldnt stop, lol, the 3 goals from f50 frees came in under 10 minutes.
No one was carrying on, I, and others called it for what it was and old mate lost his shit.

The funniest bit was, the 2nd guys Wife turned to me as her Hubby exited the room and whispered, Im a Collingwood supporter too but totally agree with you.
She obviously knows when its safe to speak her mind, lol.

Couldnt stop, lol, the 3 goals from f50 frees came in under 10 minutes.
No one was carrying on, I, and others called it for what it was and old mate lost his shit.
I'm sure that it was they and not you who went on the Vicbias tangent that you described the converstaion turning to. Sounds legit.

I'm sure that it was they and not you who went on the Vicbias tangent that you described the converstaion turning to. Sounds legit.
Not at all, I wont hesitate to say that I called it for what it was along with the others.
People in the thread called it for what it was.
The story here is the Vic club supporters who outwardly professed to be barracking for Port until the Vic side was kick started by the Vic umpires and it was called out, suddenly it was about our league etc. etc.
The mask came off and the parochial Vic came through at the thought of people calling out their league.

Not at all, I wont hesitate to say that I called it for what it was along with the others.
People in the thread called it for what it was.
The story here is the Vic club supporters who outwardly professed to be barracking for Port until the Vic side was kick started by the Vic umpires and it was called out, suddenly it was about our league etc. etc.
The mask came off and the parochial Vic came through at the thought of people calling out their league.
You don't get it.

They will have been Victorians barracking for Port and then been triggered because a Port fan started going on an anti-Vic rant over a couple of dodgy frees. They probably neither liked the frees, nor your anti vic stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back