Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah good point.

I also think if the Rampe one was the other way around, Butters? would have got 4 weeks.

The AFL just hate Port.
take it with a grain of salt, as i can’t remember where i read it, but the swans have had the lowest number of weeks missed through suspension in the last few years, something like 12 total across all their players? they’re definitely looked at with a softer perspective than all the other clubs

I agree that article can be interpreted as meaning all NGAs are now available to be matched.

As mentioned before, there are a few news articles since that explainer referring to the old metropolitan exclusion, but hopefully they are just a mistake or using outdated information.

It wasn't a metropolitan exclusion as such - Perth and Adelaide just weren't part of the NGA zones when they were first brought in.

take it with a grain of salt, as i can’t remember where i read it, but the swans have had the lowest number of weeks missed through suspension in the last few years, something like 12 total across all their players? they’re definitely looked at with a softer perspective than all the other clubs
I seriously can't understand why people want players rubbed out all the time.

Fair enough if they commit a dog act or they are playing your team the next week, I can understand, but Danger won't be playing next week if he's rubbed out or not, it wasn't a dog act so why does it matter?

I seriously can't understand why people want players rubbed out all the time.

Fair enough if they commit a dog act or they are playing your team the next week, I can understand, but Danger won't be playing next week if he's rubbed out or not, it wasn't a dog act so why does it matter?
to some i think it’s more about retribution for the potential injury as opposed to a punishment for breaking a rule.

They've fixed that for you - The 2 WA teams now have unlimited access to all the Aboriginal kids out of WA and WCE have now been around long enough to have equal footing in terms of Father Son.
a somewhat disingenuous comment given ALL clubs have indigenous zones including EVERY Victorian club. Look up the maps available on the AFL website. I know the WCE, through its Naitanui Academy, spend a lot of time and money and travel widely to extremely remote communities to identify indigenous talent for little return, but still they do it! And it isn't limited to indigenous kids but all multicultural and ethnic groups who are under represented in the AFL system. The Naitanui Academy doesn’t just focus on footy but provides education and mentors its kids in life skills. The kids can be be anywhere from 11 - 18. The WCE have also had through the Academy a separate program that specifically prepares kids for their draft year even knowing that they had little chance of actually recruiting the kids. I'm not sure other clubs NGA academies do as much work in their remote communities as WCE and FD. For example, Ugle-Hagen was a year 10 student at Scotch College when identified by WB, ie: he was already in the regular talent pathway when they became aware of him, but because he was from their Warnambool area, he became a WB NGA Academy player. At that time, it meant WB could match for him.
My point is, if you think WCE and FD are getting something for nothing or an unfair advantage through their academies then you are wrong. As Ugle-Hagen himself said when questioned on clubs once again having full access to their academy players "it's a good thing for it to be back. It gives the opportunity to others like I got ? to go to a club that's put time and effort into the player"

a somewhat disingenuous comment given ALL clubs have indigenous zones including EVERY Victorian club. Look up the maps available on the AFL website. I know the WCE, through its Naitanui Academy, spend a lot of time and money and travel widely to extremely remote communities to identify indigenous talent for little return, but still they do it! And it isn't limited to indigenous kids but all multicultural and ethnic groups who are under represented in the AFL system. The Naitanui Academy doesn’t just focus on footy but provides education and mentors its kids in life skills. The kids can be be anywhere from 11 - 18. The WCE have also had through the Academy a separate program that specifically prepares kids for their draft year even knowing that they had little chance of actually recruiting the kids. I'm not sure other clubs NGA academies do as much work in their remote communities as WCE and FD. For example, Ugle-Hagen was a year 10 student at Scotch College when identified by WB, ie: he was already in the regular talent pathway when they became aware of him, but because he was from their Warnambool area, he became a WB NGA Academy player. At that time, it meant WB could match for him.
My point is, if you think WCE and FD are getting something for nothing or an unfair advantage through their academies then you are wrong. As Ugle-Hagen himself said when questioned on clubs once again having full access to their academy players "it's a good thing for it to be back. It gives the opportunity to others like I got ? to go to a club that's put time and effort into the player"

Disingenuous seems to be word of the year and is regularly used inaccurately.

I'm certainly not suggesting that WCE won't do some great work in terms of development, quite the opposite. They're a wealthy and usually smart club and it's to their advantage to have strong academies that effectively develop players. I'm suggesting that not all NGA zones are equal and the WA teams now have much better zones more likely to produce top footballers than the Vic clubs do and that the players from them will still come at a discount.

In a thread devoted to vicbias, with lots of claims that the AFL tilts everything to Vic, I think it's significant that Northern teams and now WA teams have been handed the recruiting advantage of much stronger academy cohorts to work with. And it's not only in terms of Aboriginal kids in the case of WA teams; it's also a much higher number of migrant families within their zones than the Vic clubs have.

I'm certainly not against the concept of NGA academies developing players from minority groups, just pointing at an area of pretty clear advantage - which will probably end up being quite a big one.

But keep choogling Choogler.

Last edited:
Imagine the Vic Bias next week if the Granny is between South Melbourne and Fitzroy? Absolutely outrageous 😳 🤪🤪

Both teams will cultivate their local support…like each time they have been in granny before

Maybe vicbias posters should be taking them to task

I liked how the lions played 3 finals in 3 different jumpers, bur surely it’s the regular one this week

We removed the vicbias from the grand final and played a team from Sydney and flogged them. Imagine if the GF was played at a neutral venue #VICBIAS #premiershipswithan*
It was the snore fest the AFL wanted as they push North.

The two teams who the AFL desperately want to be successful as they want to win over NSW and QLD markets - so give them advantages.

It is no surprise Brisbane (6th GF) and Sydney (7th GF) are regularly playing in GFs in the 21st century...the AFL wants them to be strong.

Meanwhile - StK, Carl, Ess, NM, WB, Rich and Melb - the "favoured" Melbourne clubs, have combined for just 6 GF appearances at the G in the 21st century, less than Sydney!!

#northernbias is real

Or relocate the gf to rotating then everyone gets a fair bite of the cherry and as a massive side benefit far more gf’s will be neutral affairs where no 1 side gets an unfair leg up at their home ground.

Dont bother arguing with the Vics mate.

I did enjoy the 2024 AFL grand final. Yeah Brisbane beat Sydney easily. But at least the AFL cup left victoria for the 1st time since 2018 when west coast left the MCG with the silver cup.

Still found it funny you posted on that "No Non vic side has beaten a Vic side in the Grand final at the MCG without list or Salary cap concessions" . This was in 2018. turned out the eagles beat the Magpies in that grand final.

I cant see any non vic side winning a Premiership until 2030 to be honest. Its Likely to be West coast vs another non vic club.

It was the snore fest the AFL wanted as they push North.

The two teams who the AFL desperately want to be successful as they want to win over NSW and QLD markets - so give them advantages.

It is no surprise Brisbane (6th GF) and Sydney (7th GF) are regularly playing in GFs in the 21st century...the AFL wants them to be strong.

Meanwhile - StK, Carl, Ess, NM, WB, Rich and Melb - the "favoured" Melbourne clubs, have combined for just 6 GF appearances at the G in the 21st century, less than Sydney!!

#northernbias is real
I love your posts.....

I dont mind the NSW and Queensland sides winning the occasonal AFL grand final. Brisbane vs Sydney could of happened back in 1996 But North Melbourne lead by Wayne Carey and Corey Mckernan decided to stop that.

You Harp on about Brisbane and Swans are regularly playng grand finals since 2000. Well I agree with the swans....

Looking at the Swans grand finals since 2000:

Made a fair share of Grand finals in the last 12 years. I mean Ken Hinkley has been at Port for the last 12 years too. lol

But for Brisbane. Their grand finals have been interesting.

6 grand finals since 2000. But there was a 19 year gap between 2004 and 2023.

Brisbane were bad post 2004. Didnt make finals from 2005-8. Made an elim final in 2009. Didnt make finals from 2010 until 2018. Year Brisbane copped their far share of struggles.

Or relocate the gf to rotating then everyone gets a fair bite of the cherry and as a massive side benefit far more gf’s will be neutral affairs where no 1 side gets an unfair leg up at their home ground.
Make all the finals neutral so teams don't get there on the back of home finals and then serve up rubbish when they don't have the cards stacked in their favour.

3 dangerous tackles by Port players against Hawthorn. How many Port players got a week or more?

The MRO has ignored all dangerous tackles during the finals. Its not a conspiracy. They dont care about CTE as much as they pretend.
But those Port Players are good Blokes lol.

No different to Luke Hodge slamming Chad wingards neck on a goal post. Luke Hodge is still a good bloke. Liam Jurrah is a good bloke too. lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade week brings out the worst in the VICBias media.

Daniel Rioli - 27 years of age Zero AA's (Pick 6 and 23)

Dan Houston - 27 years of age 2 x AA's back to back 2023-2024 (Pick 13 and some guy named Joe)

AFL media.......

jeremy-clarkson-thumbs-up.gif

Trade week brings out the worst in the VICBias media.

Daniel Rioli - 27 years of age Zero AA's (Pick 6 and 23)

Dan Houston - 27 years of age 2 x AA's back to back 2023-2024 (Pick 13 and some guy named Joe)

AFL media.......

jeremy-clarkson-thumbs-up.gif
Liam Baker is worth Pick 13 to 15 According to richmond fans lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back