Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top team gets Grand final
Increase NGA's, and Academies for non vic sides have access to more players, to increase percentage of local talent on list, to make it even with Vic Sides
Even out marquee, Thursday Night, Friday night, Saturday Night games, and nationally broadcast games.

Even out funding of juniors. Ideally, the VFL should be split off and get the same funding as the SANFL and WAFL get.

AFL should open an office in QLD, NSW, SA and WA and all positions should be available in all states. They should have a goal of no more than 50% of employees of every department, not based in Victoria.

Increase soft cap, based on days away from home and travel distance.(Max of 10%)
Travel allowance for players, based on days away from home.

More often than not, top team has got the home grand final. Very few exceptions

And your club in the last 23 years

2 Premierships
6 Grand Final appearances
10 top 4 finishes

Claiming Melbourne teams are disadvantaged.

Isn't this sub Vic bias, not Melbourne bias?
that isnt too bad.

Well collingwood made grand finals in 2018 and 2023 and nearly made a 3rd one in 2022.

Not bad Since 2012 when its only 8 finals sides and 10 teams miss out on finals in a comp that has 18 sides.

Sports with massive attendances don’t award grand final to the ‘home’ team. Not practical

They do award to stadiums on rotation, but still there’s a minimum standards particularly capacity

And this is what it comes down to , but no non vic fan wants to admit it.

Non vic fan interest: 'Beat the vics'

vic fan interest: 'My club to win flags'

This competition is not SOO, it's a club competition, an expanded vfl rebranded as a national competition.

Accept it or don't.
Only since 2006 bruh lol buckin ell.

Kranky Al earlier in this thread posted some more detailed research on the effects of international long haul flights (10 time zones I think it was) for athletes. It can affect sleep and circadian rhythms. It also suggested the effects were less if you do the trip more.

The one you quoted was looking at super rugby travelling 4 hour time zones from Perth to NZ which I could understand might stuff up sleep patterns. Not so sure that 2 hour time zone travel from Perth to East Coast would be a huge factor though.
you barrack for the hawks. But you complained that in the lead up to the 1988 or 1989 grand final, Hawks only played one game at the MCG the whole season?

Thats hard to complain when your side made a grand final every year from 1983-89. lol

And your club (Collingwood) in the last 23 years

2 Premierships
6 Grand Final appearances
10 top 4 finishes

Claiming Melbourne teams are disadvantaged.

Isn't this sub Vic bias, not Melbourne bias?
Collingwood is the outlier, almost all Collingwood fans realise that we are lucky to support the Melbourne team that has the best deal.

Our results are aligned to that of a non-Melbourne team.

We are the lucky Melbourne club.

The rest, battle for scraps and are clearly the most disadvantaged of all teams.

The results are clear, if you want to finish top4 and win a flag...be a non-Melbourne team.

Collingwood is the outlier, almost all Collingwood fans realise that we are lucky to support the Melbourne team that has the best deal.

Our results are aligned to that of a non-Melbourne team.

We are the lucky Melbourne club.

The rest, battle for scraps and are clearly the most disadvantaged of all teams.

The results are clear, if you want to finish top4 and win a flag...be a non-Melbourne team.
So, is Richmond an outlier as well?

Or Geelong and Hawthorn?

I know many many people will disagree with this but I would introduce a 10% increase in the pay of any AFL player playing in their non-native state if they are earning below $400,000 a year.

You only get that 10% increase if you are drafted though, not traded.
Players Salary cap in 2024 is 17 million.

In 2025, that increases to 17.7 million.

Once the salary cap increases to 20 million, that means the average player is on $500,000 a year if you divide that up with 40 players.

I dont mind AFL rookie wages goes up to $156,000 a year or $3000 a week. That alone is good enough incentive to rock up and train every week with the whole squad.

Might as well increase players taken in the draft who are taken in the National draft get paid $5,000 a week or $260,000 a year. I dont care if you are taken in the 1st 20 picks on a 3 year deal or taken after pick 21 on a 2 year deal.

I like the NBA. The salary cap in the NBA in 2022-3 season was $123,665,000 US dollars. The salary floor was 90 percent which is $111,290,000.

And this is what it comes down to , but no non vic fan wants to admit it.

Non vic fan interest: 'Beat the vics'

vic fan interest: 'My club to win flags'

This competition is not SOO, it's a club competition, an expanded vfl rebranded as a national competition.

Accept it or don't.
With the exception of Crows, I'll always barrack for the Non Vic Team over the Vic team. You are right its not state of origin (I won't support the other team from my state), but due to the injustices and rigging of the comp to favour the Victorian side, I tend to support the underdog, which given the injustices and rigging of the league, just happens to always be the non Victorian side.

The "we don't support other Victorian clubs" is such a furphy too. I mean its hilarious that 4 of the top 5 posters on this thread are supporters of the most looked after club in the league, defending the indefensible with the vigour of Hermann Goring at Nuremburg, but look how they all band together to defend Team Victoria.

Continued in Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back