Autopsy The Stats Don’t Lie: VicBIAS By The Numbers - An Empirical Analysis

Do you agree there is inherent umpiring bias toward Vic based teams?

• I barrack for a Vic based team: Yes, always has been, always will be. Suck it up.

• I barrack for a Vic based team: Yes. It’s a disgrace. I demand a fairer comp.

• I barrack for a Vic based team: No. It’s a myth. Stats are the work of the devil.

• I barrack for a non-Vic based team: Lol. Tell me something I don’t know.

• I barrack for a non-Vic team: I like to cry about anything to do with the AFL because they are just

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strangely Hinkley doesn't seem to be too interested in SANFL. He brought in a development coach from Country Vic and we get a lot of players from country Vic. We do occasionally do get SANFL players in the mid-season draft (twice) the other time we got Narkle.

I would welcome zoning rules to come back in. Given half of SA I would expect Port to get a lot right, maybe not under this regime but generally.

Well true...

I mean its not vic bias in AFL grand finals its also in grass roots footy.

In the 1990s and 2000s there was lots of SANFL players drafted, especially at both SA clubs.

The 1997 and 1998 Crows side that won the AFL grand final was similar to the Eagles 1992 and 1994 Premiership sides.

All of them premiership players were locals and the occasional victorian. Plus a couple of players that were traded from Victorian clubs that wanted to head to their home state.

Crows 1997-8 sides, the only guys I could think of that wasnt from SA was Andrew McCleod (NT, despite playing for Port magpies one season in 1994) and Kane Johnson (Victorian)

the Crows 2005-6 prelim finals side still had a fair amount of SA blokes from the 1997-8 premiership sides. Crows 2017 Grand final side was interesting. Half of them Were Victorians and half were local SANFL locals.

Ports 2004 grand final squad was Mostly SA locals. The only blokes off the top of my head that wasnt from SA was Damien Hardwick (Victorian) , Adam Kingsley (Victorian) , Dom Casissi (WA), Josh Carr (WA), and Jarrad Scofield (WA).

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy The Stats Don’t Lie: VicBIAS By The Numbers - An Empirical Analysis

Back