royals1922

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts RIP
Sep 19, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rotor Volgograd, The Exers
It's just been reported on MSN that Visy got fined $36,000,000.

Carlton now in the past 10 years have had a president who cheated the salary cap and another whose company has been fined 36 million.

"we are the Navy Blues
The cheating, dishonest Navy Blues".

Carlton now in the past 10 years have had a president who cheated the salary cap and another whose company has been fined 36 million.

"we are the Navy Blues

we are the Navy Blues - proud of our club. clearly you are not or you would list your supported club. stop being such a pussy and list the club your clearly embarassed to support

and fwiw, the actions of visy don't reflect or represent carlton in any way whatsoever. the only things dick pratt have done for carlton have been positive and by the law. this doesn't affect us whatsoever

NFR: If you are some poor tosser who rips off social security then you can go to jail, but if you are a company director and rip off thousands of people you get off with a fine.

The $36 million will be loose change compared to the class action law suits that will now follow. With the guilty verdict it will rubber stamp massive damages claims and it is very big businesses he has been cheating.

"we are the Navy Blues

36mil.....that loose change in pratts car

The $36 million will be loose change compared to the class action law suits that will now follow. With the guilty verdict it will rubber stamp massive damages claims and it is very big businesses he has been cheating.

Exactly. A poster above mentioned all Pratt got was a "fine". its going to be a bloody massive one. channel 10 said the class action suit could reach up to $800 million. Pratt is getting punished, don't you worry about that. Billionaire or not, he's going to lose close to a billion dollars. thats gonna hurt him. shift him down several places in the "australia's richest man category" for one thing lol

The AFL are trying to destroy NM - a club who have been honest, successful and hardworking but do nothing about a corrupt club with a history of cheating and dishonesty and who tank better than the panzers of the German army in WW2

The AFL are trying to destroy NM - a club who have been honest, successful and hardworking but do nothing about a corrupt club with a history of cheating and dishonesty and who tank better than the panzers of the German army in WW2

Have a cry mate. The reason North are being forced to relocate is because their fans didn't support their club by buying memberships and merchandise etc. Carlton fans are proud and have stuck with our club through the good and bad times. We'll never be forced to merge or relocate because we have loyal supporters. It's North fans own fault there in this position. Speaking of fan loyalty, list your club

judging by his nicname hes probably an East Perth fan in the WAFL comp.
I live in mandurah so i would say 'Go Thunder'....but you know how it is - they kinda suck. Have a soft spot for the sharks.

Different issues really. Carlton have a large loyal supporter base and it has taken chronic mismanagement to even put them at risk.

Our issue is one of having a smaller supporter base and lacking the money and exposure to build that up as rapidly as the AFL has developed into a financial sinkhole. Cost of running a club is more than 3x what it was 10 years ago, will probably be more than 5x by the end of this decade. I think a lot of clubs will struggle as the AFL is not returning remotely enough to the 16 clubs.

I know a fair few Carlton supporters and most are embarrassed by the corrupt clowns that have been associated with the club, however, they have shown a complete inability to function as a club without their support.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and fwiw, the actions of visy don't reflect or represent carlton in any way whatsoever. the only things dick pratt have done for carlton have been positive and by the law. this doesn't affect us whatsoever

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he has given money to the club - money that could be argued was acquired by illegal means... hardly ideal.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he has given money to the club - money that could be argued was acquired by illegal means... hardly ideal.

fair enough, but if we didn't know it was illegally acquired, how is it our fault?

Are you saying that no other club would have received money which could have been illegally acquired? for all we know, you could have funded your membership this year by robbing a petrol station. if clubs don't know it was illegally obtained, don't see how its their fault or why they should be punished or have their reps tarnished?

He has given about $2 million since he returned to the club, out of a net worth of about $5 billion, but yes sure, he wouldn't have given it to us unless he acquired it illegally. :rolleyes:

"we are the Navy Blues

Apparently Steve Vizard and Jodie Rich are the next candidates for the Carlton presidency

we are the Navy Blues - proud of our club. clearly you are not or you would list your supported club. stop being such a pussy and list the club your clearly embarassed to support

Royals 1922 - Fitzroy premiership year, seems pretty straight forward to me.

Pratt will now have to quit the Carlton presidency and board, or the Blues get rid of their poker machines and associated revenue. I would say that it will affect you soon. Pratt will quit and you'll all try the "his job was done anyway" line, but you have to accept that some potential sponsors will avoid a club that seems to go from one form of bad publicity to another.

Not the end of the world and the Blues will survive, but at least pull your head out of the sand.

Royals 1922 - Fitzroy premiership year, seems pretty straight forward to me.

Pratt will now have to quit the Carlton presidency and board, or the Blues get rid of their poker machines and associated revenue. I would say that it will affect you soon. Pratt will quit and you'll all try the "his job was done anyway" line, but you have to accept that some potential sponsors will avoid a club that seems to go from one form of bad publicity to another.

Not the end of the world and the Blues will survive, but at least pull your head out of the sand.

Obviously i know shit about the WAFL, but he still didn't name it the first time i asked. And since then he's run away when confronted with counter-arguments because he's clearly out of his depth. Has a cheap shot at Carlton, and then runs when he realises he's in over his thread and that his thread is pointless b/c the situations of carlton and north aren't related in any way whatsoever

And there was an article like a week ago about how if Pratt leaves, his job will have been done anyways. He's always said he'll only be here for 2 years, so we'll only get a years less service from him. yes it will hurt us, but nowhere near as bad as people think. he hasn't come here and donated heaps to keep us afloat. hes come here and set us up for when he leaves. recruiting the likes of swann and icke. if he is forced to step down, we'll still get his donations, but we'll have an administration in place which will be able to run the club successfully

The judgment is pretty damming of Pratt's character, if he is allowed a gaming license after this you have to wonder.

Obviously i know shit about the WAFL, but he still didn't name it the first time i asked. And since then he's run away when confronted with counter-arguments because he's clearly out of his depth. Has a cheap shot at Carlton, and then runs when he realises he's in over his thread and that his thread is pointless b/c the situations of carlton and north aren't related in any way whatsoever

And there was an article like a week ago about how if Pratt leaves, his job will have been done anyways. He's always said he'll only be here for 2 years, so we'll only get a years less service from him. yes it will hurt us, but nowhere near as bad as people think. he hasn't come here and donated heaps to keep us afloat. hes come here and set us up for when he leaves. recruiting the likes of swann and icke. if he is forced to step down, we'll still get his donations, but we'll have an administration in place which will be able to run the club successfully

I've posted my allegiance on another thread today, if you had bothered to read it....

Secondly the AFL makes threats about North Melbourne and a 17th club - almost calling in the Morans to make the Roos move yet a known cheat is allowed to become a president.

Carlton fans were calling for the caning of the Eagles for the Cousins situation ( which I agreed with) yet that same club has as its president one Dick Pratt.

Suck it in Carlton, Jack Elliott , Dick Pratt.

Also remember that from memory the last players to be rubbed out for playing dead , were from guess where - Carlton.

So suck it in Blues fans - karma is a b***h.

Remove this Banner Ad

Visy fined $36,000,000

Remove this Banner Ad

Back