• Carlton

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 104 79.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am disappointed that he chose the Saints cos I loved Ricey Snr but at the end of the day that's where he wants to go so I hope that Carlton don't try and up the bid for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He shouldn't be able to nominate one or the other.
He should go to the team which is prepared to spend a higher pick on him. If that means Carlton because they finished lower, then it should be Carlton.

He shouldn't be able to nominate one or the other.
He should go to the team which is prepared to spend a higher pick on him. If that means Carlton because they finished lower, then it should be Carlton.

Of course he should have the choice. We can still bid on him like any other club and if Saints don't match we get to keep him. If somebody else bids on him and Saints don't match, we get the chance to match with the same discount that you normally get. I wish Rice all the best at the Saints, hope he has a great career with you guys.

. Carlton and Carlton's recruiters cop a lot of criticism for our choices and players who were shown the door. Yet St Kilda's culture and development can hardly be held up as the league's best. Gibbs has been a better footballer than Armitage who took a long time to come good

Comparing a pick 1 with Saints first pick (9) ? :oops:

Riewoldt > Luke Livingston (4)
Goddard > Barnaby French (16)

I'm disappointed in this mostly for the history of how each club treated his Dad. Dean did a knee at the Saints and was moved on. Carlton picked him up and he did a knee again almost straight away. The Blues however stuck by him and together they went on to achieve premiership glory.

As someone above said, even Carlton supporters don't want to play for Carlton. To hell with this "if they don't want to play for the jumper then play somewhere else" mentality. We wooed Rice and we were out-wooed. The club needs to put its head down and work on how we get players feeling good about being at our club again.

What was it more cash? Like 750k? I am happy we didn't offer him 750K if the rumors are true,
I heard it was the distance, he lives a lot closer to carlton so it means he would have had less time in the car before arriving at princess park every day and wondering what the f**k he did...

To hell with this "if they don't want to play for the jumper then play somewhere else" mentality. We wooed Rice and we were out-wooed. The club needs to put its head down and work on how we get players feeling good about being at our club again.

Yep. We need them to want to play for the jumper. Similar to Brisbane - they can take a 'tough stance', or ya know, stop the original problem causing the exodus. Same as us - we can take a 'tough stance' or we can identify why players want to leave/don't want to come (other than being spooners).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back