Votes - Rd 5 Carlton v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

5. Murphy - Yet another outstanding game from Murph. IMO has now overtaken Judd as our best player.
4. Judd - Worked hard all game, but didn't use the ball as well as Murphy.
3. Walker - A great game up forward. An inspired move by Ratts to persist with him up forward this season.
2. Ellard- Early in the game made some ordinary skill errors, but got better as the game wore on.
1. Curnow - The recruit of the season. There is a lot of Brett Ratten about the way he plays.

BYP - Curnow, again.
were ellard's early skill errors his or the bloke who dropped the mark/slipped over?

I felt early on in the game he was struggling to adjust to the tempo of AFL football & at times hurt us with his inability to make his possessions count.
oh i agree-reaction time was poor and looked flat footed
did not chase and tackle nor get in and under like days of yore
but that was carlton most of tonight

5. Marc Murphy - Getting better as the season goes on. .. Not getting into space as much but getting defensive and burrows into the packs. ..
4. Michael Jamison - Rarely beaten one on one and even killed a couple of two on ones
3. David Ellard - Slow early but just made the effort all over the ground and created havoc in our forward half at times, match winning goal. ..
2. Andrew Walker - Four goals and mark of the day, good way to answer
1. Jarrad Waite - Created play and then made 2nd and 3rd efforts to drag us into the game at times

Best Rookie - Davey Ellard

Unlucky - Judd in and under), Laidler (marks and spread), Duigan (Effort) and Robinson (gut running to assist)

5. Murphy
4. Walker
3. Jamison
2. Judd
1. Ellard

B.Y.P - Ellard

I didn't think Carrots was that bad tonight. I think some people are being harsh on him just out of habbit.

5. Murphy - what a gun
4. Walker - one of the best games I have seen him play
3. Judd - the champ, what more can you say
2. Jamison - has improved heaps, great kicking skills & rebound (need 2 of him)
1. Scotland - very underated

As most people don't seem to be aware of who's eligible, I'm thinking of just awarding the votes to whoever gets the most votes.

Ellard is eligible for the award.

Would appreciate posters putting up the list of eligible players in the OP.

Yeah I had to go find the votes thread to remind me who was eligible. .. I forgot Ellard hasn't played too many games, been with the club for an age. .. Hope he keep on keeping on. ..

As most people don't seem to be aware of who's eligible, I'm thinking of just awarding the votes to whoever gets the most votes.

This.

Set up the OP properly, or let somebody else do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Murphy (On course to win first B&F)
4. Walker ( Sensational, finally getting to use his exceptional fitness)
3. Jamison ( Rock solid and great on the rebound after his first full pre-seaon)
2. Judd ( Usual master at the stoppages, set shot goal kicking has gone badly wrong)
1. Yarran ( Masterful kicking and run, shame he didn't play whole game)

Can not believe the idiot Mark Stevens did not give Murphy any votes at all, let alone BOG, in the Herald Sun Player of the Year award, travesty.:eek::thumbsdown:

5.Murphy
4.Walker
3.Judd
2.Jamison
1.Ellard

I can't believe anybody gave Robbo a vote he was ineffectual and refused to chase most of the night.

It seemed like he had cracked the sads because he wasn't playing in the middle.

Simplify things and just hand all awards over to Ellard now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Votes - Rd 5 Carlton v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back