MVP Votes Rnd 17 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuine question, how? He was attrocious, his 3rd quarter was so bad. Worse game his played this year, seriously poor game.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thought that about Neale. He had a shocker. Guess it depends on the view you have watching live. Blakely was way better than Neale from where I sit, except his first kick forward was a shocker.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agreed with mike. Blakely just isn't damaging enough to be given the responsibility of loose man. He can't kick and isn't particularly good at intercept marks or breaking lines; it's up to Ross to find a player more suited to the role.

Duggan played a similar role for West Coast today and was much more effective. Unlike Blakely, he used the ball well and was able to complicate freo's space for the forwards to use to their advantage.

Having said all that, there is some value in assigning a role like this to young Blakely and his development, we just shouldn't praise him unnecessarily because of some empty stats.

Hrmmm, not sure if serious or just wanting an argument ?
Blakey's drive out of the back half has been nothing short of top shelf the last few weeks. His strength may not be in the air but most things he does on the ground are first class. Had a couple of clangers today but people need to grasp the fact that delivery out of the back half and into an opponents zone is the hardest of all decisions to make and disposal to execute.
Plenty of others to direct your mis-directed spray at

They were watching it on the TV and not live so didn't get the right perspective of how well Blakely played.

I watched it on TV and it really wasn't that hard to see he had a good game.

Watching live doesn't give you any special insight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5- Blakely
4- Fyfe
3-Neale
2-Ryan
1- Suban (Never stopped trying, even after a horrendous start to the game, the Lad gave his all)

Talking in the coaches votes reminded me to do mine here.

4. Fyfe - His competitiveness gave us the edge in the middle and some hope of a contested mark when forward.
3. Blakely - Was so important for driving us off the back half.

2. Neale - was a solid presence in a winning midfield.
2. Mundy - Needed more of him, but on a day of some butchered kicking, I thought his clean use when playing up the field was great.

1. Ryan - Put himself in the right spots, uses the ball OK. Plays tallish but moves well. Liked his game.
1. Suban - ordinary at times, but gave us a bit of grunt here and there, kicked a goal.
1. BHill - that final kick was often shit, but he did so many things right to put us in good positions. Squeezes in for mine.

Thought Croz game was OK for what he's there to do. MJ had some good moments too. There were a few that could squeeze in for a vote I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

MVP Votes Rnd 17 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back