MVP VOTES Round 22 Carlton V Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

this is tough

5) Kade Simpson - worked and ran hard all game as usual. Did waste disposal at times but he is probably the hardest runner in the side
4) Chris Yarran (BYP) - silk and literally untackleable
3) Michael Jamison - He gave us a forward target that was so desperately needed. Struggled in defence but i thought that his impact in the 2nd half gave us a chance
2) Dennis Armfield - Wasted the ball alot, and didn't have much game time - but he really gave us an x-factor and a spark that gave us a chance
1) Lachie Henderson - Lost a lot of contests and was probably beaten by Buddy - however he fought valiantly and never dropped his head. Admirable performance

All the players were guilty of poor execution of foot-skills, so giving votes was tough

this is tough

5) Kade Simpson - worked and ran hard all game as usual. Did waste disposal at times but he is probably the hardest runner in the side
4) Chris Yarran (BYP) - silk and literally untackleable
3) Michael Jamison - He gave us a forward target that was so desperately needed. Struggled in defence but i thought that his impact in the 2nd half gave us a chance
2) Dennis Armfield - Wasted the ball alot, and didn't have much game time - but he really gave us an x-factor and a spark that gave us a chance
1) Lachie Henderson - Lost a lot of contests and was probably beaten by Buddy - however he fought valiantly and never dropped his head. Admirable performance

All the players were guilty of poor execution of foot-skills, so giving votes was tough

Dennis Armfield? What have you been drinking?

Played just over one quarter and he was woeful!

5. Kade Simpson - Presented all match and put in the hard yards
4. Marc Murphy - Worked hard all night and while he butchered the ball a little, he also must have been tired from doing all the grunt work in the middle
3. Aaron Joseph - Played most of the game on Rioli and kept him quiet
2. Heath Scotland - Composed as usual
1. Michael Jamison - Rusty after the return but the focal point up forward helped turn the match around for us

ROTY - Chris Yarran (unlucky not to be in my votes)

Was a tale of two halves, so made it hard to pick votes. ..

5. Simpson - persevered for 4 quarters & iced his game with a couple of goals.
4. Yarran - there are not enough superlatives to describe this kid; he took the game on all night (is going to be in the Top 5 players in the competition in 3-4 years' time).
3. Gibbs - dragged us back into the game in the second half & if not for his errant kicking for goal, may well have been a matchwinner.
2. Scotland - a good, but not great, game from Scotty, but did enough to get in the votes.
1. Joseph - minimised Rioli's impact on the game, despite McAvaney's best attempts to make the game all about the 'delicious' one.

BYP - Yarran -absolutely love this kid, makes watching the game, even tonight, a pleasure.

5. Simpson - Completest player that we had.
4. Yarran BYP - Yes.
3. Gibbs - Behinds made me shake my head, but can't deny his influence in the 2nd half.
2. Henderson - Got smothered early and all signs pointed to it being a disaster, but he hung on well, and looked a class act when the ball was in his hands.
1. Jamison - Did a job in the backline and then went up forward and marked i50. After missing all those weeks...kudos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Simpson - never stopped running or putting in and Burgoyne was hardly noticable.
4. Yarran - in a game where we couldn't get it out of defence in the first half, his disposal and run was vital.
3. Carazzo - thought he was our most effective midfielder in the first half and he kept Mitchell's influence at bay as well.
2. Walker - seemed to me that the move into the middle made all the difference in the second half. I'm lovin' that there's more to his game than just goal kicking and marks of the year.
1. Joseph - deserves recognition for his game on Rioli. I don't know why they didn't let him follow Cyril into the middle, then he might have had no influence on the game at all.

BYP - Yarran, obviously.

Kudos to Scotland for soldiering on again, and Murph for trying to play for both himself and CJ. Gibbs was good in the second half, but he really needs to kick those goals to truly step up, we desperately needed that from him tonite. And Garlett, while he struggled against the Hawthorn flood, was clearly our only winning forward in the first half. Shame he was just out of range with the long shots and took that close one way too casually at an important time.

Welcome back Jamo, you've been missed.

5. Simpson
4. Yarran
3. Scotland
2. Laidler
1. Murphy

5. Simpson - this guy is all heart and just keeps on running
4. Yarran - can believe this is only his first year as a rebounding defender
3. Gibbs - had a significant influence in our comeback
2. Walker - see above
1. Joseph - effectively withheld Rioli from having any influence on the game

Rookie - Yarran

Laidler was very unlucky. I think a lot of the work he does goes unnoticed by many. Same goes for Henderson.

Remove this Banner Ad

MVP VOTES Round 22 Carlton V Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back