Voting time: Worst Moniker in global sport! (Poll Added)

Which team has the worst moniker in the world?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

As well as the VFL ones mentioned above there is the best of all, "Blood Stained Angels" (South) and possibly the worst, Essendon's "Blood Stained N*****s".

Both unofficial, but AFAIK there were no official mascots/nicknames until the 1980's when the VFL started to smarten up its licencing and branding.

Of the ones mentioned so far surely Semen Padang wins. I am never ordering that again.

As well as the VFL ones mentioned above there is the best of all, "Blood Stained Angels" (South) and possibly the worst, Essendon's "Blood Stained N*****s".

Both unofficial, but AFAIK there were no official mascots/nicknames until the 1980's when the VFL started to smarten up its licencing and branding.

Of the ones mentioned so far surely Semen Padang wins. I am never ordering that again.
The Padang is a lovely cream based sauce that offsets your Rendang.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wanka_3205151c.jpg

Or maybe Deportivo Wanka

Who were the Gorillas and the Butchers ??
Fitzroy and your mob (around the 1870s)
Jack there is no evidence nm were ever the shinboners before the mid to late 30s. Zero.

They were called the gluepotters though on more than one occasion as a result of their oval being a gluepot:thumbsu:
I recall a story where Norf lured players with jobs in a local abattoir around the time of the Great Depression which is how the name came about.

Houston Dynamo.

Named to give homage to eastern european soccer teams, however these teams were run by the stasi and the commie secret police.

Way to go america :$
I have a Moscow динамо top, as well as a спартак Moscow, зенит st Petersburg, ротор volgograd as well as цка top as well as a локомотив Moscow top:p

Fitzroy and your mob (around the 1870s)

I recall a story where Norf lured players with jobs in a local abattoir around the time of the Great Depression which is how the name came about.
That at least has some kind of historic semblance. My theory is they got it because of loutish football in the mid 30s.

I'm sure there is a rugby union amateur side called the Sacred Band. Look up the team and where it got its name

Remove this Banner Ad

Voting time: Worst Moniker in global sport! (Poll Added)

Back