State Focus WA 2024 - Western Australia’s junior footy talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Brisbane took notice of my WA 18's v WA 21's game scouting notes Futbolista a few weeks back re Darcy Craven....LOL

Congrats to all 5 selected.....de je vu for Teakle.....not sure he will get much of a look in at North with Xerri doing so well, but hey North need all the help they can get right now.

Good to see Brisbane took notice of my WA 18's v WA 21's game scouting notes Futbolista a few weeks back re Darcy Craven....LOL

Congrats to all 5 selected.....de je vu for Teakle.....not sure he will get much of a look in at North with Xerri doing so well, but hey North need all the help they can get right now.
You got Craven 100% mate....great get

What's funny about that briztoon?
Just recalled the discussion from a couple of weeks ago here, that WA might struggle to get 10 drafted this year in the National Draft, now WA's back on track to get 10 drafted. I just had a giggle at your post. Nothing malicious or anything.

Just recalled the discussion from a couple of weeks ago here, that WA might struggle to get 10 drafted this year in the National Draft, now WA's back on track to get 10 drafted. I just had a giggle at your post. Nothing malicious or anything.
Well, 10-12 including mid-season. We won't get 17 though like in 2022 and 2023.

Any smokey selections for WA in their first game on Sun?
The budget has Willis** (CL), Windsor (S), Walley** (S), Martinson (SD), McDonald (SD), Rigoll (WP), Gulluni (EP), Bell (SF), Whan** (SF) listed on their respective team sheets.

Perth have the bye so not sure about Evans** or MacTaggart but doubt that they are in the mix and I assume Boxshall is still injured. That leaves 24 unless they added another player late.

Damn.....what a blow to WA....no Bo Allan (PT)

1-Cody Angove
2-Luke Urquahart
3-Malakai Champion
5-William Hayes
6-Blake Kelly**
8-Charlie Banfield**
10-Austin Van der Struyf
11-Hamish Davis
13-Jaxon Artemis
14-Matthew Becker**
15-Deian Roberts
17-Max Rohr+
18-Clancy Dennis
19-Koby Evans**
20-Cody Curtin**
21-Darcy Petersen
23-Charlie Burke
24-Fred Rodriguez**
26-Kayle Gerreyn
27-Trent Hiscock
29-Aiden Riddle+
30-Jaxon Douglas
34-Jayden Rigoll
Emergency
38-Tom.Bell (SF)

Not selected/Unavailable - Anthony Hansen (SD), Wesley Walley** (S), Oscar Willis** (CL), Bo Allan (PT), Loch MacTaggart (P), Colby McDonald (SD), Hugh Boxshall (CL), Hayden Windsor (S), Toby Whan** (SF), Andre Gulluni (EP), Chayse Martinson (SD)

Last edited:
Must say it was a relief to see WA not get blown away in their first outing v the Allies. Liked what I saw from quite a few and hopefully just the beginning for what I hope is at the very least a competitive national carnival for WA. Some of my better contributors

Blake Kelly Contributed all day and never takes a backward step. Impressive outing for him as an underager. Kicked the opening goal for the game and works hard in all areas of his game. Going to be an absolute weapon for WA next year.

Luke Urquhart Stand in Captain for the day. Stood up and lead the midfield battle for WA. Contested, powerful and hit the scoreboard with a goal. Really hoping he can get to work on that kick as it is an area of his game that really needs some tidying up.

Cody Curtin WA’s best defender for the day. Is super raw but also super competitive. You sometimes don’t know what you are going to get when he has ball in hand but really is having an impressive start to his underage campaign.

Hamish Davis had to step up and split his time between his usual position in the forward line and midfield in the absence of Allen. Always impressed by his work rate and this game was no exception. Tackled hard and impressed with some of his pressure acts. Was missed a bit in the forward line with no tall forwards having impact around goals.

Clancy Dennis thought he also battled hard in the backline and complimented Curtin with his aerial presence. He intercepted and rebounded the ball well out of the defensive 50. I am a fan of Dennis and looking forward to seeing if he can have an impact for the remainder of the carnival.

Cody Angove wasn’t overly prolific on the wing but flashes in and out and had some classy moments. Particularly liked his on the run goal in the 3rd qtr.

Only watched till half time, close game, where neither team could kick away till the Allies did in the last stanza. Only concentrated on the WA boys TBH, as I was supporting them.

Kelly was busy and provided some good run between the lines.

Urquhart tried hard at the contests, badly missed Allan I reckon, for that other bigger body at the stoppages. Does lack that speed from the contest though, which may hamper his draft prospects.

Curtin up back tried hard, did some good stuff, will be hard to beat at next year's champs.

Champion provided some zip up front, very lively and always looked dangerous.

Not sure if that was WA's best chance to open their account, fingers crossed they can secure a win or 2 in the remaining games....tall ask though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2006 DOB/2024 Draft/WA 18's contenders in colts/PSA Round 10 update

1=Kayle Gerreyn (WP)
1=Bo Allan (PT)
3-Luke Urquhart (EF/PSA)
4-Malakai Champion (S)
5-Luke Cotellessa (SD/PSA)
6-Hamish Davis (CL)
7-Hugh Boxshall (CL/PSA/Inj-NA)
8-Charlie Burke (S)
9-Deian Roberts (PT)

10-Austin Van Der Struyf (CL)
11-Andre Gulluni (EP)
12-William Akec (EP/PSA)
13-Clancy Dennis (CL/PSA)
14-Jaxon Artemis (SF/PSA)
15-Darcy Petersen (PT)
16-Cody Angove (CL)
17-Trent Hiscock (WP)
18-Jaxon Douglas (CL)
19-Colby McDonald (SD)
20-Chayse Martinson (SD)
21-Otis Harvey (SD)
22-Koopa Walsh (S)
23-Jayden Rigoll (WP)
24-Will.Hayes (CL)
25-Robert Warrell (P)
26-Lucas Ravenhill (CL)

27-Hayden Windsor (S)
28-Declan Pauline (EF)
29-Tom.Bell (SF)
30-Jack Wooden (WP)

31-Jesse Grant (PT)
32-Harrison Creighton (SD)
33-Tore Nelson (S/PSA)
34-Ned Reiger (SD/PSA)
35-Anthony Hansen (SD)
36-Tyler Rowe (SF)
37-Jake Austin (EF)
38-Elijah Huddlestone (SD)
39-Xavier Hickey (S)
40-Tom Smedley (PT)
41-Loch MacTaggart (P/PSA)
42-Lukas Jakovich (PT)
43-Jake Soutar (EP)
44-Ashton Warner (EF/PSA)
45-Liam Cooley (P)
46-Bailey Morgan (EF/PSA)
47-Toby Jones (S/PSA)
48-Orlando Keleman (SF)
49-Jye Sander (EF)
50=Liam Hrarbar (SD)

50=Hudson Pivac (SF)
50=James Meszaros (P/PSA)
50=Riley Longson (EP/PSA)
50=Ryan Bizzell (PT)

NA-Joseph Hopkyns (CL/Inj)
NA-Thomas Cathcart (SD/Inj)
NA-Kindrael Hooker (EF/Inj)
NA-Cooper Moore (P/Inj)

Others To Keep an Eye on: Jaden Funazzi (PT)

Overagers to keep an eye on: (Potentially will play colts 2024)

1-Bailey.Banfield (CL)
2-Aiden Riddle (CL)
3-Max Rohr (CL)
4-Cuba Garlett (PT/Inj-NA)
5-Lucas Naylies-Pereira (EP)
6-Adam De Masi (EP)
7-Presley Campbell (EF)
8-Jett Sibosado (CL)
9-Sullivan Moody (CL)
10-Kobe Austin (EF)
11-Zac Petersen (EF)
12-Elijah Stockden (EF)

13-Brodie McLean (P)
14-Campbell Knox (CL)
15-Liam Clarke (P)
16-Jack Eastaugh (EF)
17-Kieren Douglas (S/Inj-NA)
18-Mitchell Keene (P)
19-Aidan Harvey (SF)
20=Hamish Brogan (CL)
20=Luke Pynes (CL)
20=Oliver Martin (WP)

Votes
+ = over age
** = below age
*** = 2008 DOB
Leader Board Games Votes Ave Goals
Cooper Moore (P) 1 10 10.00 -
Luke Urquhart (EF) 2 19 9.50 4
Luke Cotellessa (SD) 3 25 8.33 1
William Akec (EP) 1 8 8.00 -
Bo Allan (PT) 2 15 7.50 1
Bailey.Banfield+ (CL) 6 42 7.00 7
Jadd Hill** (P) 4 28 7.00 1
Jack Wooden (WP) 8 53 6.62 5
Kayle Gerreyn (WP) 5 33 6.60 5
Declan Pauline (EF) 8 49 6.12 3
Adam De Masi+ (EP) 8 49 6.12 2
Elijah Stockden+ (EF) 8 48 6.00 2
Hugh Boxshall (CL) 3 18 6.00 1
Kobe Austin+ (EF) 2 12 6.00 7
Leo Steed*** (SD) 1 6 6.00 -
Fred Rodriguez** (SF) 4 22 5.50 1
Otis Harvey (SD) 7 38 5.42 5
Tyler Rowe (SF) 6 32 5.33 -
Charlie Burke (S) 6 30 5.00 3
Jayden Rigoll (WP) 6 30 5.00 1
Taj Forrest+ (EF) 2 10 5.00 5
Kindrael Hooker (EF) 2 10 5.00 4
Tom Smedley (PT) 6 29 4.83 5
Deian Roberts (PT) 5 23 4.60 1
Jaxon Douglas (CL) 6 27 4.50 -
Austin Van Der Struyf (CL) 5 22 4.40 2
Jude Axford+ (PT) 6 26 4.33 1
Andre Gulluni (EP) 7 30 4.28 1
Codan Daddow+ (WP) 4 17 4.25 2
Dale Sutherland** (P) 4 17 4.25 -
Mitchell Geier+ (SF) 7 28 4.00 4
Hamish Davis (CL) 6 24 4.00 11
Mitchell Keene+ (P) 6 24 4.00 1
Chayse Martinson (SD) 4 16 4.00 1
Luke Hallett** (EP) 3 12 4.00 3
Toby Whan** (SF) 3 12 4.00 1
Darcy Petersen (PT) 3 12 4.00 -
Max Burbury (CL) 1 4 4.00 1
Will Wildberger+ (CL) 7 27 3.85 1
Aiden Riddle+ (CL) 6 23 3.83 1
Ned Reiger (SD) 3 11 3.67 1
Presley Campbell+ (EF) 3 11 3.67 1
Taj Longmuir** (SF) 3 11 3.67 -
Robert Warrell (P) 6 21 3.50 17
Ashton Warner (EF) 2 7 3.50 1
Mitche Roche (S) 2 7 3.50 -
Lucas Andrews (SD) 7 24 3.42 -
Sam Graham+ (EP) 5 17 3.40 3
Austin Chapman (WP) 6 20 3.33 4
Marcus Cassidy** (EP) 3 10 3.33 7
Judd Marcello** (WP) 8 26 3.25 17
Ben Steinmann+ (S) 4 13 3.25 3
Jye Sander (EF) 5 16 3.20 1
Jett Sibosado+ (CL) 8 25 3.12 2
Kayde Sherwood (WP) 8 25 3.12 12

Leading Goal Scorers M G
Robert Warrell (P) 6 17
Judd Marcello** (WP) 8 17
Finley Henserson (S) 8 13
Kayde Sherwood (WP) 8 12
Hamish Davis (CL) 6 11
Koopa Walsh (S) 6 11
Adam Sandrini (SD) 7 11
Rory Luscombe (CL) 7 11
Jessie Hollins (SD) 7 11
Joshua Nomlatyu** (EF) 8 11
Lukas Jakovich (PT) 6 10
Wesley Walley Jnr** (S) 8 10
Lucas Ravenhill (CL) 8 10
Luke Pynes+ (CL) 7 9

Last edited:
Great win by WA today, can hopefully continue this form into the run of home games and get some more exposure on a few of the kids. Darcy Petersen really surprised me, stats don't jump off the page but I thought he intercepted well and showed good decision making. Max Rohr had his best game that I've seen, nice to hit the scoreboard as he is probably a touch undersized to make it as a ruckman at the next level. Charlie Burke also had a great game, think he deserves more recognition, uses the ball smartly and worked hard all day. Kayle Gerreyn displayed his talent, has the highest ceiling out of all the WA prospects IMO.

Such a fantastic even performance from the WA team.

I thought Urquhart's stoppage dominance was a standout given he was up against that star studded SA group of Dodson, B.Campo, Draper, Hargrave etc.
Will hopefully catch up on the replay later today if it's available. I've been so busy with the cricket world cup and colts. Not sure which things to watch first. Greatest cricket world cup ever.

Will hopefully catch up on the replay later today if it's available. I've been so busy with the cricket world cup and colts. Not sure which things to watch first. Greatest cricket world cup ever.
Mate you are like a kid in a candy store, not sure what to look at first. Like you I am going tovwatch the WA/SA replay....great win by the WA boys....and great to hear Urquhart had another strong game....plus a few others stepped up and showed their true potential as well.

Last edited:
Hamish Davis I am a big fan, can play so many roles at AFL level, I thought Sheehan comparing him to a young Fyfe was quite good even though it’s quite easy to because of him coming from the same club.

I thought the small aboriginal boy for South Australia was quite impressive as well, I didn’t catch his name though.

That rubbish about no WA players will get drafted this draft was put to bed today.
WA absolutely smashed SA, in every part of the game

That rubbish about no WA players will get drafted this draft was put to bed today.
WA absolutely smashed SA, in every part of the game
I think there will be alot of late picks/rookie picks from them

The group next year has probably been underestimated in Banfield, Evans, Becker, Curtin and Kelly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back