Draft Watcher SMYTHE's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the knock on Kako is it consistency and just needing to get more runs on the board?

What is the knock on Kako is it consistency and just needing to get more runs on the board?
There is no real knock, I think personally his range is from 25/6 onwards and I have him in this position on my board due to liking others more. If he has consistency for the rest of the year then Essendon will struggle to have him fall to them after 40, they may have to grab him with their own pick before anyone gets a chance if that's the way they want to go which is currently pick 36, but he may not last till that pick either. It will be interesting on the night.

M.S.D New
Possible Outcome Of Mid Season Draft

NORTH - GEORDIE PAYNE
surely

RICH - REMY MACLEAN
Might have to jump in here if they are interested as he shouldn't last till their next pick, and he is a need, i had Jacob Blight here for all of last week, and still think there is a chance but with balta going back.....who knows

WCE - LUKE BEECKEN
I just have the feeling they may go this way, excellent user of the ball

STK - MAX HALL
word is they like him

HAW - WILL MCLACHLAN
this is a good fit from my pov

BRIS - JACK HUTCHINSON
excellent overhead, good on the ground and can find a goal

ADEL - TOBY MURRAY
surely he joins his brother this year and fills a future need as himmelberg has not come on and may not stick around

WB - TRENT BIANCO
its the bulldogs, i think they stay close to home here

G.C - PASS

FREO - MATT LING
he should get another shot and has put in the work, talk is they like him

CARL - LIAM MCMAHON
big forward who has previous exposure with a professional club and is kicking bags under their noses

COLL - JACOB BLIGHT
did not think i would have blight down so low but the pies would be happy to pounce here, i would think, for a big developing KPD with an advanced frame and still very young

MELB - SAAD EL-HAWLI
This guy is super quick and racking up big disposal numbers as well as mark and tackles for the Bullants, his game improvement with a different role has really jumped out and he has had a big run of consistently good games. My bolter.

PORT - LOGAN EVANS
i think this is their pick, regardless of swinging arms. He is in the system, knows the system and plays good footy

ESS - OSKAR SMARTT
essendon find a good marking, tackling and goal kicking small forward

NTH - NOAH HOWES
could he be the foil alongside Larkey?

RICH - ILIRO SMIT
There is a need for a developing ruck, and i only have Iliro here due to whispers, could it be Joe Pike? or another "out of the hat/where did they find that guy, richmond pick"

BRIS - LACHIE VOSS
has the traits to be a long-term player down back as a KPD but will take time, still raw in some areas

ADEL - JEZ MCLENNEN
a pick and play wing/half back

WB - PASS
CARL - PASS

COLL - BRYNN TEAKLE
fits a need right now, but will the want of a longer term contract be a deal breaker?

NTH - RILEY COLLIER-DAWKINS
was a slow burn in his first few years and has always been able to find the ball whichever team he played in, and deserves another chance. Another big bodied mid to help out could be good but may also be a possible future need if they lose LDU

RICH - PASS

BRIS - TREY RUSCOE
Big bodied, mature, been in the system before and playing well this year, averaging about 14 disposals 41/2 marks and 2 goals a game

BRIS- PASS

That's my (probably/most likely completely wrong) guess. :sweatsmile:

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a spot for poor old Phil Brown, he will just have to go back and ply his trade in the Victorian Metropolitan Super Rules League for Williamstown.

Although he did complete a medical, it just wasn't at the request of any AFL clubs. It was from his doctors who were quoted as saying, " men of his age need to start getting regular colon screening tests done".
Phil passed with flying colors and is healthy and well but has yet to be interviewed by a club.

Unlucky this time Phil, but kudos to you, you have made this years draft so much better for being involved you legend!

Disclosure: For those that are unaware, Phil Brown is someone who has nominated for the draft at age 49, turning 50 this year.

Last edited:

NORTH - GEORDIE PAYNE
surely

RICH - REMY MACLEAN
Might have to jump in here if they are interested as he shouldn't last till their next pick, and he is a need, i had Jacob Blight here for all of last week, and still think there is a chance but with balta going back.....who knows

WCE - LUKE BEECKEN

STK - MAX HALL
word is they like him

HAW - WILL MCLACHLAN

BRIS - JACK HUTCHINSON

ADEL - TOBY MURRAY
surely he joins his brother this year and fills a future need as himmelberg has not come on and may not stick around

WB - TRENT BIANCO

G.C - PASS

FREO - MATT LING

CARL - LIAM MCMAHON
big forward who has previous exposure with a professional club and is kicking bags under their noses

COLL - JACOB BLIGHT
did not think i would have blight down so low but the pies would be happy to pounce here, i would think, for a big developing KPD with an advanced frame and still very young

MELB - SAAD EL-HAWLI
This guy is super quick and racking up big disposal numbers as well as mark and tackles for the Bullants, his game improvement with a different role has really jumped out and he has had a big run of consistently good games. My bolter.

PORT - LOGAN EVANS
i think this is their pick, regardless of swinging arms. He is in the system, knows the system and plays good footy

ESS - OSKAR SMARTT

NTH - NOAH HOWES

RICH - ILIRO SMIT
There is a need for a developing ruck, and i only have Iliro here due to whispers, could it be Joe Pike? or another "out of the hat/where did they find that guy, richmond pick"

BRIS - LACHIE VOSS
has the traits to be a long-term player down back as a KPD but will take time, still raw in some areas

ADEL - JEZ MCLENNEN

WB - PASS
CARL - PASS

COLL - BRYNN TEAKLE
fits a need right now, but will the want of a longer term contract be a deal breaker?

was a slow burn in his first few years and has always been able to find the ball whichever team he played in, and deserves another chance. Another big bodied mid to help out could be good but may also be a possible future need if they lose LDU

RICH - PASS

BRIS - TREY RUSCOE
Big bodied, mature, been in the system before and playing well this year, averaging about 14 disposals 41/2 marks and 2 goals a game

BRIS- PASS

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a spot for poor old Phil Brown, he will just have to go back and ply his trade in the Victorian Metropolitan Super Rules League for Williamstown.

Although he did complete a medical, it just wasn't at the request of any AFL clubs. It was from his doctors who were quoted as saying, " men of his age need to start getting regular colon screening tests done".
Phil passed with flying colors and is healthy and well but has yet to be interviewed by a club.

Unlucky this time Phil, but kudos to you, you have made this years draft so much better for being involved you legend!
I like this because I want Smartt a lot.

NORTH - GEORDIE PAYNE
surely

RICH - REMY MACLEAN

WCE - LUKE BEECKEN

STK - MAX HALL
word is they like him

HAW - WILL MCLACHLAN

BRIS - JACK HUTCHINSON

ADEL - TOBY MURRAY

WB - TRENT BIANCO

G.C - PASS

FREO - MATT LING

CARL - LIAM MCMAHON

COLL - JACOB BLIGHT

MELB - SAAD EL-HAWLI

PORT - LOGAN EVANS

ESS - OSKAR SMARTT

NTH - NOAH HOWES

RICH - ILIRO SMIT

BRIS - LACHIE VOSS

ADEL - JEZ MCLENNEN

WB - PASS
CARL - PASS

COLL - BRYNN TEAKLE

RICH - PASS

BRIS - TREY RUSCOE

BRIS- PASS

Disclosure: For those that are unaware, Phil Brown is someone who has nominated for the draft at age 49, turning 50 this year.
Hopefully Ling or isiah winder for freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back