WA state 18's

Remove this Banner Ad

One to also be aware of from SF is Jarrad Winter. Tough inside player with very good foot skills. Almost up to Masten's level of delivery. Physically strong over the football with agreat motor. Just back from knee surgery and will see the best from this kid in the following weeks.
Was SF best player against Claremont where Morton was brilliant. Benjamin was okay but did not hurt SF as much as his stats may say- 2 good goals though. His oppo also got a fair bit of the ball.
The form ruckman at the moment is Nugent from EF. Simply strong, great tap and a presence.

southjoy said:
One to also be aware of from SF is Jarrad Winter. Tough inside player with very good foot skills. Almost up to Masten's level of delivery. Physically strong over the football with agreat motor. Just back from knee surgery and will see the best from this kid in the following weeks.

agree muchly on this one...probably won't be in contention for the 18's because of the knee op, but has been slowly building up his possession count and will be very important if the colts choose to win a game any time soon :rolleyes:

yeah ive seen Jared Winter play since he was young but i dont think he is not up to standard with Masten. Jared Winter is like on steroid or something even coming bak from a knee op he wont be as gd 4 a while. i think there are alot more talented players like HIM such as Cruize Garlett (midfield),Vince Napoli (Ruck/Foward), Dean :D:D:D:D(ruck/forward), ALex James(winger), JAMes Turner(half back flank), Aaron Sweet(midfield), NAthan Krakour(foward/midfield),Simon Swallows(tagger/midfielder). do you guys know abou these players a few of them play psa and colts.

Yeah Cruize Garlett is a good player very skillful and has a god endurance and pace lacks a bit of size though.
Dean :D:D:D:D:D- very promising from what ive seen good utility type size who kicks goals and can win alot of the footy. (is the one from east fremantle)
Aaron Sweet- Very agile winger/onballer coming back from a minor knee surgery,is highly rated by his coaches is dvc as a younger player in a top team.

Lingsface said:
Yeah Cruize Garlett is a good player very skillful and has a god endurance and pace lacks a bit of size though.
Dean :D:D:D:D:D- very promising from what ive seen good utility type size who kicks goals and can win alot of the footy. (is the one from east fremantle)
Aaron Sweet- Very agile winger/onballer coming back from a minor knee surgery,is highly rated by his coaches is dvc as a younger player in a top team.

What's the story with Dean :D , why the secrecy? either way there's no one in the nomination from EF with the first name of Dean nor is there any Cruize Garlett.

mick ryan said:
What's the story with Dean :D , why the secrecy? either way there's no one in the nomination from EF with the first name of Dean nor is there any Cruize Garlett.
Thats cause cruize garlett plays for swan districts and guilford grammar...dont know if its dean but it is d.d i c k who plays for East Fremantle tallish midfielder aboriginal boy.

your completely wrong, cruize plays perth and same as dean :D:D:D:D. both of them are guns and should be a good draft pick

and maybe your right with cruize because he there is a garlett for swans but he is j garlett.... but B :D:D:D:D plays for east freo dont know much on him seen him play a few times though and impressed me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lingsface said:
Thats cause cruize garlett plays for swan districts and guilford grammar...dont know if its dean but it is d.d i c k who plays for East Fremantle tallish midfielder aboriginal boy.

I meant that there is no Cruize Garlett nominated for the 18's, the :D:D:D:D nominated by EF is Brad but at 180cm I wouldn't say he's tallish.

cmg101 said:
yeah ive seen Jared Winter play since he was young but i dont think he is not up to standard with Masten. Jared Winter is like on steroid or something even coming bak from a knee op he wont be as gd 4 a while. i think there are alot more talented players like HIM such as Cruize Garlett (midfield),Vince Napoli (Ruck/Foward), Dean :D:D:D:D(ruck/forward), ALex James(winger), JAMes Turner(half back flank), Aaron Sweet(midfield), NAthan Krakour(foward/midfield),Simon Swallows(tagger/midfielder). do you guys know abou these players a few of them play psa and colts.

Napoli is a completely different size and Sweet and Krakouer are both more suited as outside players. Cruize and Simon are similar to Winter but not in his class. For thoses younger players you look at Reimers, Masten, Palmer and Winter as being all inside players and all with excellent skills.

was told tonight that 5 players from south fremantle colts were selected for the initial squad playing in a scratch match on the bye weekend.
these players are:
leroy jetta
clayton collard
leigh kelly
daniel michael
justin hill

good luck to the boys :)

carntheeagles said:
was told tonight that 5 players from south fremantle colts were selected for the initial squad playing in a scratch match on the bye weekend.
these players are:
leroy jetta
clayton collard
leigh kelly
daniel michael
justin hill

good luck to the boys :)
Thanks for that carneagles, Leigh Kelly would be the pick for back up ruckmen this year (only over jacob williams cause he was eligible for draft last year.)

That is Stephen Michaels son isnt it daniel?

nar matt is stephen's son, daniel is matt's cousin
so he is stephen michael's brothers son ;)

Sezzac1 said:
Anyone got a list of players or web site for the WAFL U18 trial game on 27/5/06

The only people i know of are

SUBI
Rudd
Virgo
Cockie
Gourdis

CLAR
Morton
Benjamin
Thompson
Mckenzie
Bennet
Krakeour
Bedford

SF
Collard
Jetta
Kelly
Michael
Hill

PER
Speldewinde
Stack
:D:D:D:D
Martin
Grant
Myers

Initital 47 Man WAFL Under 18 State Squad for 2006

Claremont
Clint Benjamin
Eric Mackenzie
James Thomson
Nathan Krakouer
Liam Bedford
Jarryd Morton
Brad Bennett
Josh Hill

East Fremantle
James Venturini
Brad D1ck
Luke Nugent
Jamie McNamara
Chris Masten
Rhys Palmer
Dominic Foster
Kyle Hardingham

East Perth
Matthew Leuenberger
Garry Moss
Shawn Colbung
Luke Sampey
Aaron Sweet

Peel
Scott Gumbleton
Brock O’Brien
Ben Howlett
Jacob Williams
Bryce Thornton
Kyle Reimers
James Hawksley

Perth
Grae Grant
Neil Martin
Brett Speldewinde
Brennan Stack
David Myers
Dean D1ck

South Fremantle
Clayton Collard
Leroy Jetta
Leigh Kelly
Justin Hill
Daniel Michael

Subiaco
Matthew Virgo
Adam Cockie
David Gourdis
Tyson Rudd

Swan Districts
Mathew Aichison
Robert Williams

West Perth
Steven Browne
Jai Menegola

Intra-squad practice match at Medibank Stadium on Monday 27th May at 12.15pm
Squad to be cut back to approximately 30 players for the remainder of the program following the practice match.

Gerard McNeill - Head Coach
assisted by Kevin Bryant, Neil Mildenhall and Dale Kickett.

Ryan Turnbull - assisting with ruck coaching

Ken Ferguson - Chairman of Selectors
Brearley Hollingsworth - Squad Team Manager

Support Staff
Dr. Lionel Lim
Head Trainer - Nicola Mawson
Physiotherapist - Nick Caputi
Rehab Officer - Les Fabre
Runner - Liam Casson.

Just for interest for those who want to have a look

SANFL Under 18 State Squad for 2006

Central District
Chad Obst

Norwood
Luke McLean

Glenelg
James Sellar, Josh Donohue, Bryce Gibbs, Toby Schulz,Angus Lally

Port Adelaide Magpies
Lindsay Thomas, Tom Holmes, Adam Pepe, Mark Austin

South Adelaide
Chris Jurek, Richard O’Grady, Jacob Crate, Aaron Day, James Boyd, Lachlan Button, James Turner

North Adelaide
Damien Cunningham

Sturt
Tom Hurley, Shane Edwards, Tom Anderson, Todd Pfeiffer

West Adelaide
Alex Hutchins, Zac Millar, Caolan Buckley, Greg Gallman, Chris Schmidt, Jonathon Cheetham, James Van Der Haak, Michael Wundke, Daniel Caire, Matthew Wright

Woodville-West Torrens
Sam Jacobs, Josh Starke

Remove this Banner Ad

WA state 18's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back