Mega Thread Wafl 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Suban only 17 disposals. Tom Lee 6 goals, 9 marks, 4 inside 50's.

Great to see Sheridan's stats. Hopefully the game was as good as the stats show. From watching him during the pre-season and in a few of his WAFL games, it always looked like it was just a matter of time before it all clicked into place for him. He moves so well, and gets to plenty of contests but he was just a few percent off with his disposal, positioning and decision making etc. Can't wait to hear/see a match report to get the true indication of his game.

Shane Nelson seems to be finally realising his potential - 29 disp. today.

DeLuca at Subi could be a watch !! Looks like a tough little customer.

I remember he played state 16´s a few years ago and was pretty dominant in the colts as a 16yo. Suffered a big injury I believe last year and spent most of it on the sidelines.

Some nice performances in the WAFL.

Great to see Sheridan rack it up with 25 disposals, 2 goals.

Mora was only due to play half a game was he not? Definitely was meant to play less than a full game. So 19 touches ain´t bad.

I believe Lower played for Subi ressies.

Some interesting performances by non AFL listed players.

Tom Lee finally kicked a bag with 6 goals. Did he play on Faulks?

Shane Nelson and Aaron Black, two kids who missed out in the draft hitting some good form for West Perth.

Duffy can really find it in the forward line. Sprays it a bit. But really showing why he was highly rated as a junior.

Whats up with Anthony?

Whats up with Anthony?

Lack of talent.

I'm serious. He's fit, he's big, he's strong. Just doesn't do enough and makes some terrible decisions when he does get it. I'm surprised to see he got it 12 times tbh. But apart from his 2 goals he was very ineffective today. He's not an AFL player, good WAFL at best (on his day).

With the recruitment of Sheridan it looks like we have finally drafted a mid who can get the ball instead of just skillfull players like Pitt or Suban who do not know how to get a lot of the ball.

Indeed, if you look over his WAFL stats over his first six games he handballs around 65-80% of the time. That's what you want from your fit, inside mids and when he gets going it will compliment our outside type players.

I wish Pitt would get involved more at WAFL level.

Like the look of Sheridan and Walters last quarter was superb. As for the West Perth boys, Black is a solid WAFL player - tough but one paced and skills are average. Nelson shows promise and is gaining in confidence with each game...could be a smokey.

I don't think Pitt can do it he only averaged 17 possessions at u18s

Sheridan only averaged 14. Pitt also played with injury and came off half way through one game. He just needs more time to bulk up because he doesn't have the athletic qualities to get by without extra muscle weight.

Sheridan only averaged 14. Pitt also played with injury and came off half way through one game. He just needs more time to bulk up because he doesn't have the athletic qualities to get by without extra muscle weight.

I was talking TAC Cup where Sheridan averaged 24 disposals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was talking TAC Cup where Sheridan averaged 24 disposals.

Apples and oranges, this years draft crop have been the fittest ever and Tommy was at the top and a fair bit more solid then Jayden. Plus he had an awful under 18 champs getting less possies then Jayden and not plaing the full five games. As he gets fitter and bigger we will notice changes or we will be forever slamming the recruiting staff for not selecting Darling.

I remember he played state 16´s a few years ago and was pretty dominant in the colts as a 16yo. Suffered a big injury I believe last year and spent most of it on the sidelines.

Stress #s in his back. Interesting kid. With his attitude and circle of friends he could either way. He does know when to, and who to listen to. I don't know Dustin Martin but feel they both could be cut from the same cloth.

He is a strong unit. They have kept him out of the gym and he was still cut.

I forgot, he was a superstar tonight. Kicked a bag of goals, won his team the game etc.

You mean playing for his team at the top level and lining up against some of the best opponents in his second year? He kicked one of his teams 7 goals, they were outplayed and didnt spend a huge amount of time down forward.

How is Pitt going Bridesmaid? I do believe that he is very much struggling at WAFL level and isnt even kicking goals. Pitt is behind players that we recruited on the Rookie List and players that have been in the club less than a year.

Darling has kicked 4 more goals than ANY Fremantle player so far in 2012.

And that is at AFL level Bridesmaid. At AFL level, not in the fantasies in your head or at WAFL.

Your argument is invalid and your opinion is moronic.

End communication!:rolleyes:

I had high hopes for Pitt after the first time I saw him play and still haven't given up hope that he can play at AFL level but he has gone backwards this year and is barely getting a touch in the WAFL. To suggest, on current output that he is a better prospect than Darling is borderline delusional. He's got good composure and skills but he looks slow and soft even in the WAFL. Hopefully he's a late bloomer. He was picked as a project player and may end up very handy in a couple of years (right when Pav, Sandi and Macca are retiring and The Eagles are polishing another Premiership Cup).

Stress #s in his back. Interesting kid. With his attitude and circle of friends he could either way. He does know when to, and who to listen to. I don't know Dustin Martin but feel they both could be cut from the same cloth.

He is a strong unit. They have kept him out of the gym and he was still cut.

Doc's been drinking

Saying eagles will win a premiership because of Darling is also pushing delusional don't you think?

That was not what was said at all! Darling is part of sound recruitment by the Eagles. As a result of their recruitment of outstanding young talent and our refusal to recruit key position forwards they have a plethora of options up forward.

As a result they are far better positioned to make an assault on a flag. We are left with a truckload of midfielders who are not making the grade and zero options up forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Wafl 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back