Mega Thread Wafl 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

A plethora of options that kicked 7 goals today without their two best forwards. Great recruiting that!

It is amazing, in the same sentence you manage to invalidate your own opinion and make a fool of yourself.

You do realize that even after tonights loss the Eagles are STILL top of the ladder with a truckload of injuries. They have also kicked the most points in the ENTIRE league. Who do you think kicked those points???

Just flat our amazing Bridesmaid. Your stupidity has scaled new heights tonight. Just amazing! LOL:D

They have also only played 2 decent teams, hawks and essendon
Struggled against both of them.
Eagles are not as good as current standings suggest.

However i do agree their recruiting plan is better than ours.
Pissed me off for years how many flanker types we have been getting.
Sure they might be highly skilled but what good is it if none of them touch the ball more than 15 times a game.

It is amazing, in the same sentence you manage to invalidate your own opinion and make a fool of yourself.
Huh? I think even Stephen Hawking would have trouble making sense of what you just wrote.

Basically I'll write in plain English what I just wrote before. Their recruiting, is not as good as it seems. The supposed star forward has kicked goals against average teams and done nothing against the good teams. Especially when he has played on someone who isn't the fourth defender. Now that they have their main forward injured, we are seeing what the "man child" can do against good opponents. That is pretty much nothing. 7 possessions and 1 goal last week, 8 and 1 goal this week. Quality stuff.. Oh wait, they are the same type of stats that people love to bag Anthony out about and complain that we don't have a competent key forward. But Darling gets praised for having such mediocre stats.

You'd think Darling would have a bit more improvement in him than Jack but I do agree with Brades' point to a degree.

Darling has definitely been made to look better than he otherwise would have thanks to taking a 3rd string defender every week.

Put him at Freo and he'd be kicking his one goal a week against a quality backman, then I doubt everyone would be lining up to proclaim him our saviour.

Huh? I think even Stephen Hawking would have trouble making sense of what you just wrote.

Basically I'll write in plain English what I just wrote before. Their recruiting, is not as good as it seems. The supposed star forward has kicked goals against average teams and done nothing against the good teams. Especially when he has played on someone who isn't the fourth defender. Now that they have their main forward injured, we are seeing what the "man child" can do against good opponents. That is pretty much nothing. 7 possessions and 1 goal last week, 8 and 1 goal this week. Quality stuff.. Oh wait, they are the same type of stats that people love to bag Anthony out about and complain that we don't have a competent key forward. But Darling gets praised for having such mediocre stats.

I think darling is more affected by nic nat being out than Kennedy missing.

You'd think Darling would have a bit more improvement in him than Jack but I do agree with Brades' point to a degree.

Darling has definitely been made to look better than he otherwise would have thanks to taking a 3rd string defender every week.

Put him at Freo and he'd be kicking his one goal a week against a quality backman, then I doubt everyone would be lining up to proclaim him our saviour.

Put Pitt at Freo and he struggles to get a kick in the WAFL.

Not sure why our recruiters have been historically attracted to these useless flanker types. Pitt is a poor man's David Myers.

I'd much rather Darling than Pitt ... but in fairness, I struggle to see even 1 player taken after Pitt who has shown they might be a genuinely good midfielder. A few look OK, a few F/S for the Dogs, but at this early stage there is not much production from the 2010 draft. Pitt isn't alone in not showing much in an early part of his career.

They have also only played 2 decent teams, hawks and essendon
Struggled against both of them.
Eagles are not as good as current standings suggest.

However i do agree their recruiting plan is better than ours.
Pissed me off for years how many flanker types we have been getting.
Sure they might be highly skilled but what good is it if none of them touch the ball more than 15 times a game.

This will be proven to be true within a few months:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunday times has praised FREO rookie haiden schloithe ,second best for sowf's.
Anyone care to predict what type of player haiden potentially could become for us?

My bet is probably a football player. Don't know if any other sort would be valuable to us.

Just wanted to get that in before someone dishes the old "he could be anything" vomit.

Anyone raging about the fact that Suban and Pitt "only" got 17 disposals is, frankly, an idiot. firstly nobody saw those games unless they were at them. They can have no idea what their impact was like. Secondly the state the WAFL online stats are in both of them could have anwhere between 15 to 25 touches.
I will personally wait for the assessment of our expert coaches rather than use it as excuse for another but of inductive logic based ranting about our recruiting.
Oh and re Anthony, and I watched the game as doubtless many of the people declaring his game crap didn't, and he was alright. Presented well up the ground on long hard working leads, kicked an agile goal in the square but didn't get alot of love from the Subi midfield. In fact their delivery was sh*te all day even when they were on top.
(N.B. It was hard to tell Walters was even playing before half time and he ended up destroying them in the last quater and a half. Frustrating player.)

Anyone raging about the fact that Suban and Pitt "only" got 17 disposals is, frankly, an idiot. firstly nobody saw those games unless they were at them. They can have no idea what their impact was like. Secondly the state the WAFL online stats are in both of them could have anwhere between 15 to 25 touches.
I will personally wait for the assessment of our expert coaches rather than use it as excuse for another but of inductive logic based ranting about our recruiting.
Oh and re Anthony, and I watched the game as doubtless many of the people declaring his game crap didn't, and he was alright. Presented well up the ground on long hard working leads, kicked an agile goal in the square but didn't get alot of love from the Subi midfield. In fact their delivery was sh*te all day even when they were on top.
(N.B. It was hard to tell Walters was even playing before half time and he ended up destroying them in the last quater and a half. Frustrating player.)

Umm... Am I missing something? What does "expert" in bold imply? Surely you aren't suggesting... But that would be... Oh..ho..hooo..ha...aah... Paracleet you old hound!

I doubt disposals would be an indicator on whether or not he gets a game for Freo, as long as he keeps getting his 3 or 4 goals a game, thats what they would be looking at.

Yep, and also the quality of his disposals, the amount of ground he covered, how he ran the game out, running patterns etc.

Every one of his disposals was quality+.

I doubt disposals would be an indicator on whether or not he gets a game for Freo, as long as he keeps getting his 3 or 4 goals a game, thats what they would be looking at.

So true, if he was kicking 4 goals a game for the entire season he would win the Coleman Medal. Even if he was to average 2 goals a game he would already be doing better than our forwards that are not converting well (except for Chopper-Keep it up Chopper!).

Walters deserves to get called back into the main squad and it certainly seems like it is time for Menegola to get an elevation. We need goalkickers, especially those with great disposal up forward.

Lower had 24 touches for Subiaco Reserves

I listened to the East Perth game on radio (107.3FM). Sounded like Pitt was ok. They had him down for about 18 possessions (16 on the WAFL site). He sounded like he was playing HBF and WAFL stats had him for 3 I50.

He is just playing his 4th game for the year and as mentioned he came off injured in one of them. Of the 4 games WAFL stats have him for 60 possessions, which is not 100% accurate. So he is averaging around 15 - 17 stats a game. It should also be noted that he is playing only his fourth game for a new club (East Peth). Last year he played with Perth. For a comparrison Sheridan before yesterday had averaged 16.83/game. Sheridan had a real break out game with 25possessions. I really think it takes time for the young interstate recruits to gel with new team mates. It has taken Sheridan about 6 games. Neale was only getting about 19 possessions for Swans and he is a ball magnet.

I would hope that over the next week or two Pitt starts to pick up more of the ball.

As we speak today Darling would be handy but long term who knows but too early to write off a skinny project player, who I actually thought was quite good when he played AFL last year. Still has a very thin frame despite adding 8kgs over pre-season.

What people forget is that prior to getting drafted Darling was doing next to nothing for West Perth seniors. In 2010 he averaged 13.75 possessions and 1 goal a game over 12 games with West Perth.

I would expect Freo will need to get adventurous when it comes to the trade/draft period and pick up some experienced and young KPF.

This obsession with WC drafting is stuffed. Yes, Darling is a gun and we absolutley should have drafted him, but our recruiters have gotten quite a few more right while WC have a veritable spud farm with some of their other early choices.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Wafl 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back