Mega Thread Wafl 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

He was ordinary yesterday although he had plenty of mates out there, who knows stepping up to AFL level might inspire him.

thanks for the info Demon09. Stats don't always give the true picture. Before his latest injury Lower was playing quite well for a half and then dropping off in the third. Seems he is not ready for a full game of AFL even when he is playing well.

thanks for the info Demon09. Stats don't always give the true picture. Before his latest injury Lower was playing quite well for a half and then dropping off in the third. Seems he is not ready for a full game of AFL even when he is playing well.

Tbh Perth were getting flogged, so he was doing alot of chasing and when he did get the ball he was under a lot of pressure, so he shanked most of his kicks.

Sutcliffe looked ok vs the Mighty Black Ducks ..a good size, moves well, good kick. He will definately get a shot at it at some point this year. Sonny took another hanger in the last qtr as well :thumbsu: he would be the leading goalkicker in the WAFL this year if only he could convert most of his opportunities.
There must be something in the water down Freo way...

Tbh Perth were getting flogged, so he was doing alot of chasing and when he did get the ball he was under a lot of pressure, so he shanked most of his kicks.

I guess being able to dispose the ball reasonably well when under pressure is a part of being a good afl footballer. We have a team full of guys at Freo who can't dispose of the ball well when under pressure. At least Lower will offer some hardness around the contest though, unlike most of the others.
I agree though i would hate to be playing for Perth at the moment. It really is a basket case of a club. Even though I am a supporter I think they have been an embarrassment for years.

I watched the Perth v Subiaco game on ABC TV some weeks back. The last game Perth won and it was Lower's second game back from memory. He had 26 touches and did his quad late in that game. He looked a little short of full fitness then but he was throwing himself at the ball and getting a heap of contested ball. He was rusty and butchered a few kicks but his hands in close and desperation for contest was good in that game. He would need a few games back in WAFL before he is ready.

I would play Walters before Lower. Also I think Mundy and Barlow are still finding their way back to full form and fitness after interrupted Pre-Seasons. Fyfe is a big loss. Sounds like Suban had a reasonable game with around 20 touches and goal from the back line.

I watched the Perth v Subiaco game on ABC TV some weeks back. The last game Perth won and it was Lower's second game back from memory. He had 26 touches and did his quad late in that game. He looked a little short of full fitness then but he was throwing himself at the ball and getting a heap of contested ball. He was rusty and butchered a few kicks but his hands in close and desperation for contest was good in that game. He would need a few games back in WAFL before he is ready.

I would play Walters before Lower. Also I think Mundy and Barlow are still finding their way back to full form and fitness after interrupted Pre-Seasons. Fyfe is a big loss. Sounds like Suban had a reasonable game with around 20 touches and goal from the back line.

Must've been a fair kick.;)

Not as much as the 'Curse of the Dockerland1'! Kep Dog has not fired a shot this season after being our leading goalkicker last year. Not to mention plaguing Sibosado during the course of his short career.

Next year in the Buddy Draft I am picking Braedsman!
Loled at this :D

Not as much as the 'Curse of the Dockerland1'! Kep Dog has not fired a shot this season after being our leading goalkicker last year. Not to mention plaguing Sibosado during the course of his short career.

Next year in the Buddy Draft I am picking Braedsman!

Forget Bradesman, he loves nothing more than flying for a contested mark while being up forward or down back.

What you want is a soft outside flanker/downhill skier type, who thinks he has elite delivery. You've simply must draft Memories!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget Bradesman, he loves nothing more than flying for a contested mark while being up forward or down back.

What you want is a soft outside flanker/downhill skier type, who thinks he has elite delivery. You've simply must draft Memories!
Not me. I always give McPharlin shit for that.

Back on topic (sort of), I saved myself some heartache on Saturday and switched to the ABC in parts, mainly because my beloved West Perth were playing. I know I am bias, but how Shane Nelson did not get drafted I do not know. The kid is getting a truck load of the ball (since he broke into the seniors about 4-5 weeks ago now) and could be an accumulator in the mould of Gaff at WCE. I saw him shank a couple of kicks, which was a little unusual (from what I have seen) but he just runs all day and knows where the ball is going. We could really do with someone like this at the minute.

Back on topic (sort of), I saved myself some heartache on Saturday and switched to the ABC in parts, mainly because my beloved West Perth were playing. I know I am bias, but how Shane Nelson did not get drafted I do not know. The kid is getting a truck load of the ball (since he broke into the seniors about 4-5 weeks ago now) and could be an accumulator in the mould of Gaff at WCE. I saw him shank a couple of kicks, which was a little unusual (from what I have seen) but he just runs all day and knows where the ball is going. We could really do with someone like this at the minute.

I guess now they have seen him at WAFL level perform so well he will be looked at by clubs. His kicking isn't always great, I think that may have spooked some clubs, especially Freo who have copious poor kicks. He has plenty of time to get picked up.

I like this bit:

Anthony Morabito (P) - 15 disposals (10 kicks, 5 handballs), 3 marks, 8 tackles
Anthony was on limited game time, as it's his second game coming back from injury. He played on ball, where he demonstrated real strength around the contest. Another of Anthony’s strengths is that he always looks to take the game on, and he did that whenever he was in possession. He doesn’t shy away from the contest and he showed that with eight tackles, three center clearances and 15 disposals in a half of football. Anthony looked classy and we are looking to build his match fitness.

I like this bit:

Not sure I agree, if he comes in and starts taking the game on he'll quickly realise it's pointless because nobody will be working for him up the ground, be bothered putting a body on his opponent or show a similar pro-active mindset :eek:

Seriously though he's exactly what we need right now, big bodied, fast, gets clearances, takes risks and loves a goal from 50+. I'm so bloody pumped for his return.

Not sure I agree, if he comes in and starts taking the game on he'll quickly realise it's pointless because nobody will be working for him up the ground, be bothered putting a body on his opponent or show a similar pro-active mindset :eek:

Won't matter, he'll go all the way and kick the goal himself.;)

WAFL Watch: http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/7009/Default.aspx?newsId=136778

SCOS named as WAFL player of the round

Didn't he get 3 kicked on him by Fraser McInnes though...?

I honestly dont think they where at that game.

Most of Silvagni marks where from sideway kicks he recieved.

He was better in second half of match than first half though, as he provided some run of half back in the second half.

Fraser kicked all three goals against him, Fraser is quite agile for a big bloke and side stepped him nicely in one exchange.

All Frasers goals where in the first half of the match, in the second half Silvagni played better, but there was not a lot of ball in perth's foward line.

I think there are talking him up, as he is a selection this week.

But truefuly his form at wafl level leaves a lot to be desired.

Hopefully he is one of those guys that steps up to afl level naturally,
I think Weedon at WCE could be one of those players too.

Suban if left alone and given space will be good for you, WCE will need to watch him, if we crowd him he wont have much influence, but if he is given time and space will cut us up.

Hopefully if he plays back we match him up one on one, as he is vunerable in one on one batlles.

I honestly dont think they where at that game.

Most of Silvagni marks where from sideway kicks he recieved.

He was better in second half of match than first half though, as he provided some run of half back in the second half.

Fraser kicked all three goals against him, Fraser is quite agile for a big bloke and side stepped him nicely in one exchange.

All Frasers goals where in the first half of the match, in the second half Silvagni played better, but there was not a lot of ball in perth's foward line.

I think there are talking him up, as he is a selection this week.

But truefuly his form at wafl level leaves a lot to be desired.

Hopefully he is one of those guys that steps up to afl level naturally,
I think Weedon at WCE could be one of those players too.

Suban if left alone and given space will be good for you, WCE will need to watch him, if we crowd him he wont have much influence, but if he is given time and space will cut us up.

Hopefully if he plays back we match him up one on one, as he is vunerable in one on one batlles.

They were at the game but they didn't have a blue and yellow beanie covering their eyes!!!

BTW, Suban is an emergency, so you won't need to watch too closely!

Straight after both drafts I voiced my concern on here that we didn't select Nelson. Especially considering he was rated highly by the AFL's recruiters. But I was met with the old "our recruiters know best" on here. Although I'm happy with our selections in the ND, I can't understand how we didn't pick him up in the rookie draft. There were a couple of really strong rookie list candidates that we overlooked, eg Mark Hutchings (The WAFL's leading marks and disposal winner who just turned 21) and Tom Lee a desperately needed KPF who has kicked two bags of six goals in two consecutive weeks.

Straight after both drafts I voiced my concern on here that we didn't select Nelson. Especially considering he was rated highly by the AFL's recruiters. But I was met with the old "our recruiters know best" on here. Although I'm happy with our selections in the ND, I can't understand how we didn't pick him up in the rookie draft. There were a couple of really strong rookie list candidates that we overlooked, eg Mark Hutchings (The WAFL's leading marks and disposal winner who just turned 21) and Tom Lee a desperately needed KPF who has kicked two bags of six goals in two consecutive weeks.

Hutchings is s***.

Every recruiter overlooked Nelson at least 6 times so there were clearly issues YM. I'm sure they'll have a look at him this year if he's sorted the issues. He could turn out to be another Priddis?

Surprised Tom Lee wasn't considered good enough for the State WAFL team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Wafl 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back