Mega Thread Wafl 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Hutchings is s***.

Every recruiter overlooked Nelson at least 6 times so there were clearly issues YM. I'm sure they'll have a look at him this year if he's sorted the issues. He could turn out to be another Priddis?

Surprised Tom Lee wasn't considered good enough for the State WAFL team?

That line is serioulsy getting ****in old. Just because a player gets overlooked it doesn't mean they are no good. How long until people realize this? Comparing Crichton to Nelson. One was drafted with pick 47 in the ND and one was overlooked. Crichton is two years older and into his third year on an AFL list with long, hard pre-seasons and professional staff and coaches. Out of the two who should be performing better in the WAFL? Crichton has been average at best while Nelson is carving it up despite being only 18/19 years of age. Kane Mitchell is killing it also.

There are some serious plodders on our list who can't even perform well in the WAFL.

That line is serioulsy getting ****in old. Just because a player gets overlooked it doesn't mean they are no good. How long until people realize this? Comparing Crichton to Nelson. One was drafted with pick 47 in the ND and one was overlooked. Crichton is two years older and into his third year on an AFL list with long, hard pre-seasons and professional staff and coaches. Out of the two who should be performing better in the WAFL? Crichton has been average at best while Nelson is carving it up despite being only 18/19 years of age. Kane Mitchell is killing it also.

There are some serious plodders on our list who can't even perform well in the WAFL.

I never said he was no good. I said there were issues and that he'd be looked at this year providing the issues are sorted or less of an issue. I also compared him to Priddis. Hop off the soapbox.

I never said he was no good. I said there were issues and that he'd be looked at this year providing the issues are sorted or less of an issue. I also compared him to Priddis. Hop off the soapbox.

And what are those issues? He tested exceptionally across the board for speed, agility and in the kicking test. They can't be major because he is performing way better then Crichton, VB, Suban etc. You can't possibly argue that Crichton, VB and Suban don't have major issues.

Issues aren't always physical. 18 clubs overlooked him so there must be a few reasons. That said, looks like the kid is giving it a shake and might get a chance next year.

Nelson is a different player to the likes of Crichton, van Berlo and Suban though. One plays a predominantly offensive role through the midfield, and the others are largely played in the back half doing defensive roles - as per our request. Hard to really compare them.

It's like saying Schammer should have been playing each week because he won lots of ball in the WAFL.

Nelson is a different player to the likes of Crichton, van Berlo and Suban though. One plays a predominantly offensive role through the midfield, and the others are largely played in the back half doing defensive roles - as per our request. Hard to really compare them.

It's like saying Schammer should have been playing each week because he won lots of ball in the WAFL.

I was only going off age and performance. Crichton plays mainly midfield in the WAFL and so does VB. Regarding Schammer there is a big difference between a seven year AFL vet and a 19 year old kid winning lots of Footy at WAFL level.

I was only going off age and performance. Crichton plays mainly midfield in the WAFL and so does VB. Regarding Schammer there is a big difference between a seven year AFL vet and a 19 year old kid winning lots of Footy at WAFL level.

Pretty sure Crichton has been played mainly in the back-pocket this year to improve the defensive side of his game. If he plays tomorrow, we will get to see if his game has improved any.

Its a bit annoying having a WAFL bye this week. Does this mean Mora's 4 weeks back in the wafl takes an extra week before he is considered? It might have been a good week to have a Freo/Eagles ressies game.

Its a bit annoying having a WAFL bye this week. Does this mean Mora's 4 weeks back in the wafl takes an extra week before he is considered? It might have been a good week to have a Freo/Eagles ressies game.

Lyon did say that he needs to play 4 WAFL games so yes that's an extra week because of the bye plus Peel had a bye in there too I think so they're being over the top cautious.

Surely if he plays well next week and pulls up ok, then he's got to come in, even if it's just as the sub.

Lyon did say that he needs to play 4 WAFL games so yes that's an extra week because of the bye plus Peel had a bye in there too I think so they're being over the top cautious.

Surely if he plays well next week and pulls up ok, then he's got to come in, even if it's just as the sub.

Don't know. The clearance coach, said it could be up to 6 weeks and that was said last week.

Anyone watching the state game will see why Mitchell and Hutchings aren't considered good enough for an AFL career.

Both were strongly touted to be picked up by us in the drafts by the very same people that are currently criticising our recruiters for overlooking talent. Ironic!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone watching the state game will see why Mitchell and Hutchings aren't considered good enough for an AFL career.

Both were strongly touted to be picked up by us in the drafts by the very same people that are currently criticising our recruiters for overlooking talent. Ironic!

The only WA players even remotely close to AFL standard are Medhurst and the other Hams brother.

Is Jarman mentally ******ed?

Who played well in the state game? Anyone stand out? Hopefully aged under 24.

WA didn't select too many under 24. Hams has been ok, I guess he'd be 22 or 23? Moss maybe but average skills. Richardson? Medhurst has stood out.

Not sure of the ages of the SA boys but Boyd, Liddle and Schmidt have been good.

TV coverage is delayed so still a quarter to go.

While we're on the topic of the State Game how did Sinclair and Homles get a game? Misprint in the teams list?

Like it has been for a few years now, selection was dewildering.

Lee should've been in front of Holmes.

Dan Hunt has had the worst season for years but they still pick him.

Riggio and Roberts haven't been anything special this year.

Fleah has been a great player but has been average this season.

Cook hasn't had the season he had last year.

Andrew Stephen???

Wulf hasn't been good enough all his career but is making his state game debut at what? 29?

It seems they've selected purely on body size, AFL list experience and WAFL experience rather than form.

What did you think of your man Josh Smith? Still think he's an option for us?

Thought he was good.

Played well when shifted to his natural CHF position.

Bit of a brain fart in the last, but that was a rare mistake.

Lead up well, kicked three himself and took a few SA defenders out of the contest by running straight through them.

He's got a presence that would do wonders for our forward line.

"our" forward line.

Are you sure you are one of us Pav ???
icon12.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Wafl 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back