Mega Thread Wafl 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing to note is that the WAFL stats (at www.wafootball.com.au) are hopeless!! Run by some kids doing some work experience it seems.

Full of errors and omissions so far this year. Claremont´s stats were particularly messed up. Good to see that Freo have been keeping some stats of their own (e.g. Silvagni 13 kicks 7 marks, vs the official WAFL stats of 7 kicks, 3 marks).

One thing to note is that the WAFL stats (at www.wafootball.com.au) are hopeless!! Run by some kids doing some work experience it seems.

Full of errors and omissions so far this year. Claremont´s stats were particularly messed up. Good to see that Freo have been keeping some stats of their own (e.g. Silvagni 13 kicks 7 marks, vs the official WAFL stats of 7 kicks, 3 marks).

I noticed that. On simon lloyds report it says that Sheridan got two goals while on the WAFL website lists zero goals. There's probably about a ten disposal discrepancy.

Yep, typically bad. They're amateurs. An example;

A mate of mine's son is having his first year in the ressies. Last week the site had his stats at 3 possies. His Dad couldn't make it to the game so was relying on the stats. Asked his son what went wrong when he got home and his son replied, what do you mean? I was awarded the best player award?

Two nice ins in first grade this weekend: Morabito named for Peel and Neale for Swans

Unfortunately, this will be one of only 2 East Fremantle games I'll miss this year (But I did choose to get married :confused:) So I won't get to see Morabito return. Of course, I hope he dosn't get a kick......:p

Oooh there is a game on today at 4.15, Demons V Royals. Might head up have a look at the Crozier Kiddy + Pitt and Roberton. Just for anyone who doesn't know you can download the WAFL budget as a PDF here http://www.wafl.com.au/
I put it into Dropbox and access it on my iPhone from the game to check player numbers. Very cool!

From what I can see Sutcliffe isn't named anywhere? He's not listed as injured? Anyone know what's up with him?

Roberts not playing due to sinus problems?:eek:

Has he ever even played a league match? Always seemed to play ressies last year and again now this year.

Nuh, he's played about 5 ressies games since he's been with us. Always injured and is injured again now. Only listed as "sinus". Maybe he's like one of those thorobred race horses that need operations to allow them to breathe properly when running?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not friends with Ben Cousins is he?

Meth and amphetamines were actually developed to treat sinus problems. It would probably help if he was friends.

The WAFL (EP v WP) was on late last night before the golf. The WAFL has improved a lot since I've been away. Good to see.

A couple of things. Like the look of Crozier. He does need to get a few more tricks, but I'm happy with him. He just wont get the space he does at WAFL, and once they cut off his clear run at the contest his impact was much less. Good skills, clean hands. One grab player and fast. Just needs some weight and a bit of a wait.

JVB was absolute cow poo. I'm not sure why he's even being talked about? He wasn't close to the best 10 in that game. Although there are a few players floating around it seems that are of a pretty good standard.

Roberton. I don't know. I used to like him. But he is an incredibly flawed player. Good skills, looks more like a footballer now. But he is really going to struggle I think. I used to think he was competing for Suban's spot, and my opinion hasn't changed. He doesn't have the characteristics to be able to play as a KPP defender.

He is incredibly slow. And what's worse, his feet are just so incredibly slow. He has absolutely no evasion ability and gets cornered oh so easily. As a rebounding defender, he has no ability to get around a tackle which is a huge problem. You just have to corrall him and he's ****ed. Even myself with a rooted knee would be able to make him ineffective in a loose ball situation, which is a huge problem and will ultimately mean he has a big problem in AFL IMHO.

Multiple times, he gets onto a loose ball in the pocket and 90% of players at WAFL or AFL level would be able to work it out, but he can't, and he knows he can't. He surrenders and gets stuck. It's happened a couple of times in AFL and again twice in what I saw last night.

He also isn't fast enough to provide an option out of defence that exposes the opposition HF line. He is more of a loping running player. He either becomes like Mundy, because he has decent skills, or he is in real trouble IMO.

Needs to look a bit less like BKBP but play with his endeavour IMO.

I think what this indicates is that if you are coming off an injury you won't be coming straight into the purple. A WAFL game is the channel.

Obviously this was going to be the case with Mora but Lachie Neale is the first example of the policy .

Last year is fast becoming a distant nightmare.

Is the Demons V Royals game on CHANNEL 2 ?

Meth and amphetamines were actually developed to treat sinus problems. It would probably help if he was friends.

The WAFL (EP v WP) was on late last night before the golf. The WAFL has improved a lot since I've been away. Good to see.

A couple of things. Like the look of Crozier. He does need to get a few more tricks, but I'm happy with him. He just wont get the space he does at WAFL, and once they cut off his clear run at the contest his impact was much less. Good skills, clean hands. One grab player and fast. Just needs some weight and a bit of a wait.

JVB was absolute cow poo. I'm not sure why he's even being talked about? He wasn't close to the best 10 in that game. Although there are a few players floating around it seems that are of a pretty good standard.

Roberton. I don't know. I used to like him. But he is an incredibly flawed player. Good skills, looks more like a footballer now. But he is really going to struggle I think. I used to think he was competing for Suban's spot, and my opinion hasn't changed. He doesn't have the characteristics to be able to play as a KPP defender.

He is incredibly slow. And what's worse, his feet are just so incredibly slow. He has absolutely no evasion ability and gets cornered oh so easily. As a rebounding defender, he has no ability to get around a tackle which is a huge problem. You just have to corrall him and he's ****ed. Even myself with a rooted knee would be able to make him ineffective in a loose ball situation, which is a huge problem and will ultimately mean he has a big problem in AFL IMHO.

Multiple times, he gets onto a loose ball in the pocket and 90% of players at WAFL or AFL level would be able to work it out, but he can't, and he knows he can't. He surrenders and gets stuck. It's happened a couple of times in AFL and again twice in what I saw last night.

He also isn't fast enough to provide an option out of defence that exposes the opposition HF line. He is more of a loping running player. He either becomes like Mundy, because he has decent skills, or he is in real trouble IMO.

Needs to look a bit less like BKBP but play with his endeavour IMO.

I would agree with all of that Chops.

I would disagree in terms of Roberton. I've always been a fan of his, and I think he has a role to play at AFL level.

But I don't think he is a KPD or competing for a spot with Suban either. Some might disagree, but I'd like to see him line up on a wing opposite of Fyfe/Morabito. So while Fyfe/Morabito play in the midfield and push forward, Roberton would play in the midfield and push back. It plays to his strengths - endurance, reading of the play and marking.

Probably a bit like David Myers, who is only starting to find his feet now.

I think what this indicates is that if you are coming off an injury you won't be coming straight into the purple. A WAFL game is the channel.

Obviously this was going to be the case with Mora but Lachie Neale is the first example of the policy .

Last year is fast becoming a distant nightmare.

Is the Demons V Royals game on CHANNEL 2 ?

It's not on TV which is really annoying, I'm listening to it on the radio.

I would disagree in terms of Roberton. I've always been a fan of his, and I think he has a role to play at AFL level.

But I don't think he is a KPD or competing for a spot with Suban either. Some might disagree, but I'd like to see him line up on a wing opposite of Fyfe/Morabito. So while Fyfe/Morabito play in the midfield and push forward, Roberton would play in the midfield and push back. It plays to his strengths - endurance, reading of the play and marking.

Agree, but he'd need to improve his disposal to play the role effectively.

Completely agree with everything you've said on Roberton Chops, although personally I think you're being a little generous in terms of praising his skills, kicks are often very loopy and take an eternity to reach their targets.

Yeah, they are the main issues that have been obvious since we got him plus his kicking doesn't have any depth either but in his first two games this year he's also been missing targets alot too. Some by a long way. Let's just hope its due to being a tad rusty early in the season.

I don't think you're disagreeing with me at all. I think you're reinforcing what I'm saying.

He has no future in the backline as a KPD or otherwise. He has to be that player in the midfield. It is exactly the same as Suban who also has little future as a defender who takes a player. But Suban has much more to offer in the midfield role if he can get fit enough IMO.

But you can't say his footspeed, straightline or in evasion isn't extremely poor, even at an amateur level. He'd have these same problems at every level of football.

Needs to do some dancing lessons or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Wafl 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back