WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Its Schammer time!! Been looking forward to seeing the great man back in action.. Just needs a couple of weeks to get up and running.. Mundy has been performing admirably to start the season, but we all know he is just keeping the seat warm for the real centre square star to return :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I was replying to the post about bringing Sibo, Walters or Pearce in for MJ. Pearce is my preferred from that list and given the role they play. I don't get to see any wafl so appreciate your first hand observations. Would you prefer either of the other two players on that list?

Really looking forward to hearing how Bucca goes.

Sibo has improved since the last time I saw him, he was playing down back and did some nice things but still got beaten by his man last week. Hes probably not ready for the step up, but playing in a weaker side like Perth can only improve his development as a defender as he will be called into the action a bit.

Walters has been more rotating fwd and a little time in the mid, so we arent comparing apples with apples

In reality between those 3 and MJ, Id probably prefer to keep MJ in, he frustrates the hell out of me but hes a cleaner user of the ball then any of the 3 listed above but the other 3 always seem to want the ball more then he does.

Its Schammer time!! Been looking forward to seeing the great man back in action.. Just needs a couple of weeks to get up and running.. Mundy has been performing admirably to start the season, but we all know he is just keeping the seat warm for the real centre square star to return :thumbsu::thumbsu:

If only I could post the not sure if Serious picture...

Wow Anthony has some kick on him. With the delivery from Mundy, Hill et al he could be a handy player. Our forward line set up isn't designed for a leading full forward at the moment but with the sub rule he is not a bad player to start, not working bring on a Pitt and change the set up.

Griffin having a big day out with 16 poss so far, 8 marks, 7 tackles, 1 goal and 44 hitouts. Mind you something must be going on at Easts because whilst Zac Beeck was meant to play he ended up in the ressies and Zac Clarke didn't play at all, presumably because Freo are still pissed?

Buca - better second half.

Anthony 4 goals.

Pearce having another day out with 28 so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anthony was bloody good today. lots of chasing and harrassing, his set shots were much better today, 2 very long shots for goals and a couple of very good crumbing type goals, wont be far away from a debut IMO :thumbsu:

I thought Anthony was ok - that would be the minimum effort required to get into the freo forward line ahead of Mayne, Bradley and Mcphee. His good points are his kicking and his big body at contests, his bad points are he is slow, and ordinary at ground level. He is ok in the WAFL, but isn't setting the world on fire. He may deserve a go in the AFL, but not overly confident he would do that well.

I thought Anthony was ok - that would be the minimum effort required to get into the freo forward line ahead of Mayne, Bradley and Mcphee. His good points are his kicking and his big body at contests, his bad points are he is slow, and ordinary at ground level. He is ok in the WAFL, but isn't setting the world on fire. He may deserve a go in the AFL, but not overly confident he would do that well.

what about the two great crumbing goals he kicked :confused:, suggested he is better at ground level than what we give him credit for. at the risk of sounding like im on a witch hunt, he would be better at afl level than MJ IMHO.

Totally agree, particularly the bolded bit.

anthony was bloody good today. lots of chasing and harrassing, his set shots were much better today, 2 very long shots for goals and a couple of very good crumbing type goals, wont be far away from a debut IMO :thumbsu:

JA to be elevated. It's time! Crowley out for our next match JA in.

Forward structure as such.

Bradley, Mayne, DeBoer
Ballas, JA, McPhee

Pavlich and Fyfe to rotate through the forward line with DeBoer and McPhee to fill in time in the midfield. It is exciting when there are options for the forward line without the great Pav.

Bring on Round 7.

JA to be elevated. It's time! Crowley out for our next match JA in.

Forward structure as such.

Bradley, Mayne, DeBoer
Ballas, JA, McPhee

Pavlich and Fyfe to rotate through the forward line with DeBoer and McPhee to fill in time in the midfield. It is exciting when there are options for the forward line without the great Pav.

Bring on Round 7.

Agree with all said. Get him in and give him a go.

Griff with 48 hit outs, Beeck and Clarke didn't play so Polak rucked. Seems that killed EP.

I watched the whole Subi vs. Souths game. Anthony was good when the ball was in his territory, actually he was excellent. He handed off at least 2 goals. He was probably involved in some way in more than 1/2 of Subi's scoring shots.

His defensive pressure, though OK was not fanatical like Mayne, Ballantyne, McPhee, DeBoer. As such i would leave him in the WAFL to work on his repeat efforts.

But should any of the aforementioned get injured. He would be an ideal replacement. He is slowly working his way into form. I'm really surprised at his fitness level. It's below par for a player who's already been in the system several years. In saying that, another month of footy and at this rate of improvement he might force his way into the team.

Looks like the Subiaco players are trusting him more and using him as an avenue to goal.

Mellington had another stinker today.

In a side that worked so well to overcome the benchmark in the WAFL he was the only weak link.

Gave away stupid free kicks off the ball, trying to rough up blokes without cause.

Just a really undisciplined, bizarre game.

Offered nothing defensively and rarely looked dangerous as a half forward.

Too big of a gap between his best and worst presently.

Schammer was ok. Finished well, got his hands to the pill, still too slow

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back