WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont understand how James Thomson has not been picked up yet, he was initially drafted by West Coast as a tiddler, a project player who was shafted whilst Beau Wilkes was retained, he moves too well for WAFL football.

At a 194cm, 94kg he's a plug in and play backman who positions himself well, rebounds well from defensive 50, has good closing speed and an appetite for the contest.

His run and carry is a feature, his kicking good to very good.

Either he doesnt want to play AFL or he doesnt want to leave the state.

Would be ideal down back for us.

I'm not sure what Thomson does for a living but he obviously earns a lot more than a rookie listed AFL player.

With a new EBA on the horizon he may re-consider this year if his good form continues.

We put Faulks on the main list because we thought he had those same qualities, If he doesn't come on or show signs of making it then just cut him and draft Thomson.

I was just in at the club picking something up, and just about stepped in front of Faulks' car while I was watching a lone Clancee do some strength work out on the ground. Then I went close to smashing into Harves as he drove in and I drove out, a which point I thought heading home to get a coffee infusion might be the way to go. aaaahhhh.... coffee.... :)

I was just in at the club picking something up, and just about stepped in front of Faulks' car while I was watching a lone Clancee do some strength work out on the ground. Then I went close to smashing into Harves as he drove in and I drove out, a which point I thought heading home to get a coffee infusion might be the way to go. aaaahhhh.... coffee.... :)

We need to send you to WC training where you can do some damage.

Stay away from my club pls.

With Pav playing predominantly midfield I think there is now room for JA in our forward line. We have enough defensive type forwards for the press and if JA can contribute a bit to this then bring him in. Crowley is doing SFA and JA would at least provide an offensive threat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cheap-female-car-insurance-quote-female-drivers.jpg

With Pav playing predominantly midfield I think there is now room for JA in our forward line. We have enough defensive type forwards for the press and if JA can contribute a bit to this then bring him in. Crowley is doing SFA and JA would at least provide an offensive threat.

Crowley will get Deledio this week but I agree that his form has been poor.

There isn't room for McPhee, Bradley and Anthony IMO.

Jack's piling on tackles compared to Crowley so it's not like we'd be losing defensive pressure by dropping him.
Where,when :confused:
I was at the Souths, Subi game and cant remember Jack laying a tackle
He got beaten in a critical one on one by Josh Head for **ck sake
Anthony has to improve his fitness and chasing before he gets a call up

The last 3 games he's chalked up 10 goals & 10 tackles, reports were he'd shown an increased output to repeat leading, tackling and making contests in the forwardline. He might not be in direct competition with Crowley but his recent form suggests he's not far away from getting a callup.

http://www.w*************.au/players/view/4058

We shouldn't play Barlow ahead of De Boer for round 1 either. Derp.
Never said that Clay,my remarks were why replace DeBoer with Mike who was unproven at that stage . I think De Boer has gone on to prove me right,he is an auto selection now and Mike has more than proven himself as an A grader
Clay you never let the truth get in front of a good lie do you

Don't make me dig up the posts salim.

Point is, we should not be surprised if Anthony receives the call up. Probably won't be for Crowley, because he is a senior player with runs on the board, but if he keeps kicking goals at WAFL level, the coaches will be tempted to try him. Harvey has already remarked that he is close to a senior appearance.

Anyway, here's the WAFL watch. Pearce has to be close to a call up

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7009/newsid/113085/default.aspx

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back