WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Really good to see Palmer play well, I hope whatever is going on there will get sorted out. I do think that long term he needs to develop as a position player for us. He could rotate as a follower, but with Mundy and Barlow in the ruck its hard to see him fitting in there full time. He probably does not have the finishing skills to suit on the wing, so the only other midfield position for him is centre. He could make a good centre, but for my mind centre is really for the complete footballer, and I don't think he is there yet.

Really good to see Palmer play well, I hope whatever is going on there will get sorted out. I do think that long term he needs to develop as a position player for us. He could rotate as a follower, but with Mundy and Barlow in the ruck its hard to see him fitting in there full time. He probably does not have the finishing skills to suit on the wing, so the only other midfield position for him is centre. He could make a good centre, but for my mind centre is really for the complete footballer, and I don't think he is there yet.

Spot on DP, and that'd be one of the reasons that Harves is trying to develop him as an extra midfielder coming off HF.

Did anyone see Joel Selwood's last quarter last night playing HF?

For those that didn't, Selwood was being well tagged by Sewell and had been quiet by his standards, so in the last quarter with the Cats down by 19pts Chris Scott moved Selwood to HF and he was instrumental in 3 quick goals to the Cats. His willingness to be a part of the action and win the ball around half forward and inside the forward 50 is something that Rhys needs to learn asap.

In terms of skills, Selwood is not much better than Rhys, but his work ethic and ability to win the contested hard ball is at another level.

Sibosado playing a very good game for Perth. sent forward in the 2nd half. Pitt very good in first half. dropped off a bit in the 3rd.

How'd these two finish end the game? See on waflonline they both got a bit of the ball.

I haven't seen a lot of Sibo, but he's a good size with good athleticism. When I have watched him play (only twice) he hasn't looked too bad. Still it's his 3rd year on the rookie list and it's easy to think he'd have to start playing some decent footy very soon if he's to retain his spot. I've read assorted posts over the last 12 months indicating he might not quite have what it takes to make AFL. Still youngsters develop at different rates.

Casey kicked the winning goal. Scores level 2 minutes to play. He outbodied Crawford, took a diving mark & drilled it from outside 50. Commentators gave him a big wrap for his influence in the 2nd half. Maybe Casey is growing up! Has all the talent in the world. Would be great if he came on & made it onto the main list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anthony on ABC had a pretty good second half. He only had 4 possessions, 2 marks, 0 goals at half time. By the end of the game finished with 14 possessions, 6 marks a few tackles and 2 goals 2 behinds. He also should have kicked another goal late int he last quarter when bouncing inside 50 but scrubbed the kick and seemed to be limping after that with a recurrence of the calf problem he has suffered from. Fitness seems to be an issue as well. If he can be worked hard in the next pre-season he might be ok. He hits contests hard and goes ok but repeat efforts are lacking. He defeinitely beat Mitch Brown in the second half.

Also Faulks played ressies for Swans and seemed to have a good game, 16 possessions, 6 marks and 8 tackles.

Casey kicked the winning goal. Scores level 2 minutes to play. He outbodied Crawford, took a diving mark & drilled it from outside 50. Commentators gave him a big wrap for his influence in the 2nd half. Maybe Casey is growing up! Has all the talent in the world. Would be great if he came on & made it onto the main list.

Freo deserve to get a break this season. Everything seems to be going wrong, it is about time that we copped a freakin break!!! Go Casey, force your way into the side!

Great to hear. Hope your mob list him for 2012 :thumbsu:

@chinggis that IS good news. Had no idea Houghton was back. He's a bit of a forgotten man in terms of talls we have in the wings. Definitely a project player, would expect to be coming on in 2012 in his 3rd year.

Hopefully if he gets a lucky break (no pun intended) with injuries he'll be able to develop well going into and throughout 2012

We might as well rename this the Schammer Watch Thread because the way our injuries are going he'll be the only one left playing WAFL.

Re: Schammer Watch 2011

We might as well rename this the Schammer Watch Thread because the way our injuries are going he'll be the only one left playing WAFL.

The irony is the nobody really pays any attention to Schammer in the this thread.

Shepherd struggled in the ruck on the weekend, Murphy did a bit of a number on him, thats disappointing considering how well he played in the role early this year.

There are some boys running around for South who the club is looking at.

Shepherd struggled in the ruck on the weekend, Murphy did a bit of a number on him, thats disappointing considering how well he played in the role early this year.

There are some boys running around for South who the club is looking at.

Can't imagine who unless they have brought some boys up for the colts. I guess De Olio is a maybe, bit Balla like.

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back