WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

[/B]

Can't imagine who unless they have brought some boys up for the colts. I guess De Olio is a maybe, bit Balla like.

Phillips???

He goes alright so if his knee has healed well enough, which it seems it has, and his attitude has improved he'll be looked at by a more clubs than just us.

[/b]

Can't imagine who unless they have brought some boys up for the colts. I guess De Olio is a maybe, bit Balla like.

Kersten will go.

Cook played a blinder, part of the reason he moved here was interest from Fremantle who told him they wanted to see how he would fair playing on the bigger grounds.

Absolutely sensational against the Royals, very hard running display.

Doubt Phillips will go, gets caught holding the ball more than any other player in the league side. Not sure he has full condifence in the knee just yet. Good skills though.

Jayden Woods is being monitored by the club. Jeffrey like without the attitude.

Palumbo has been fantastic this year, dont think Freo are looking at him but he's one I think will get some attention, his body is still well short of where it needs to be but he has the skills and tank to play AFL, rookie list potentially.

Kersten will go.

Cook played a blinder, part of the reason he moved here was interest from Fremantle who told him they wanted to see how he would fair playing on the bigger grounds.

Absolutely sensational against the Royals, very hard running display.

Doubt Phillips will go, gets caught holding the ball more than any other player in the league side. Not sure he has full condifence in the knee just yet. Good skills though.

Jayden Woods is being monitored by the club. Jeffrey like without the attitude.

Palumbo has been fantastic this year, dont think Freo are looking at him but he's one I think will get some attention, his body is still well short of where it needs to be but he has the skills and tank to play AFL, rookie list potentially.

Is that Ryan Cook who played for WA state side? He goes alright. Like his size. Would love a controlled version of Farmer. I would have taken Phillips a couple of years ago, I thought he was all class. I believe they were monitoring Palumbo a few years ago, didn't appear to come on as quickly as might have been expected. I don't follow Souths much because there are no Dockers in the side. The next Pav could play for them and I wouldn't know.

Is that Ryan Cook who played for WA state side? He goes alright. Like his size.

That's him, formerly on Collingwood's list and their VFL affiliate best and fairest from a season or two ago.

Great size, good runner with neat skills. If he continues to demonstrate the kind of workrate he did on Saturday dont be suprised to hear his name called late by Fremantle. Still only 23.

Would love a controlled version of Farmer.

Woods originally played a few games for Claremonts league side as a 19 year old, took a year off and fought his way into the Souths League side with some stand out performances in the reserves.

Very small, has great hands overhead and an uncanny goal sense. Would need to play a few blinders to have a red hot chance but he is definitely on the radar.

I would have taken Phillips a couple of years ago, I thought he was all class.

Was brilliant last year, to win a club Best and fairest from 13 games takes some doing. Might be being harsh on him he's only 3 games in from his return. Played well in the Easts Souths derby kicking 3 and having 18 first half possessions.

Struggled against the Swans and struggled in the first half against the Royals. Padded his stats a little late. But you're right, his definitely has an element of class, by foot in particular that makes him an interesting proposition. His age and question marks over his knee will go against him I feel.

I believe they were monitoring Palumbo a few years ago, didn't appear to come on as quickly as might have been expected. I don't follow Souths much because there are no Dockers in the side. The next Pav could play for them and I wouldn't know.

Palumbo is a talent.

If he showed the same work ethic in the gym as he does on the field he'd be on an AFL list right now.

This year has been his first extended run in the league side for Souths and he has taken it with both hands.

He hasnt average 25+ possessions, he's running at around 20 but that's all he needs, he thinks his way through traffic and has the skills to hit his targets.

Dare I say it, a little bit of Cousins about him.

Just remember this was a kid who is a dual Best and Fairest winner at colts level for South Fremantle and the Jack Clarke medalist in 2008.

That's him, formerly on Collingwood's list and their VFL affiliate best and fairest from a season or two ago.

Great size, good runner with neat skills. If he continues to demonstrate the kind of workrate he did on Saturday dont be suprised to hear his name called late by Fremantle. Still only 23.

Woods originally played a few games for Claremonts league side as a 19 year old, took a year off and fought his way into the Souths League side with some stand out performances in the reserves.

Very small, has great hands overhead and an uncanny goal sense. Would need to play a few blinders to have a red hot chance but he is definitely on the radar.

Was brilliant last year, to win a club Best and fairest from 13 games takes some doing. Might be being harsh on him he's only 3 games in from his return. Played well in the Easts Souths derby kicking 3 and having 18 first half possessions.

Struggled against the Swans and struggled in the first half against the Royals. Padded his stats a little late. But you're right, his definitely has an element of class, by foot in particular that makes him an interesting proposition. His age and question marks over his knee will go against him I feel.

Palumbo is a talent.

If he showed the same work ethic in the gym as he does on the field he'd be on an AFL list right now.

This year has been his first extended run in the league side for Souths and he has taken it with both hands.

He hasnt average 25+ possessions, he's running at around 20 but that's all he needs, he thinks his way through traffic and has the skills to hit his targets.

Dare I say it, a little bit of Cousins about him.

Just remember this was a kid who is a dual Best and Fairest winner at colts level for South Fremantle and the Jack Clarke medalist in 2008.

Thanks for that.
Question marks. Why did woods take a year off footy, is he really committed. + is he quick and skillful?
Hope the comparison with cousins only relates to footy.
+ is the reference to the gym related to body size or work ethic

Thanks for that.
Question marks. Why did woods take a year off footy, is he really committed. + is he quick and skillful?

Couldnt answer why he took the year off. Will ask.

He's quick and is a very skillful, natural crumber. That's what makes him so attractive he hits the rights spots with pace, at the right time.

Hope the comparison with cousins only relates to footy.

Yeah, his kicking technique and running style mostly.

+ is the reference to the gym related to body size or work ethic

He has always been small. To his credit he's put weight on but I dont think he's worked hard enough in the gym.

Stand him alongside Brabazon who was also a pipsqueak when he was his Jack Clarke medal and you can see the difference, yes I know Brabazon was benifited by his years at Sydney but it's not that hard to pile the kilos on if you really, really want to.

He's incredibly fit though, so he works pretty hard on his cardio.

Hawthorn were keen on him in his last year of Colts football.

http://bigpondvideo.com/afl/90390

Couldnt answer why he took the year off. Will ask.

He's quick and is a very skillful, natural crumber. That's what makes him so attractive he hits the rights spots with pace, at the right time.

Yeah, his kicking technique and running style mostly.

He has always been small. To his credit he's put weight on but I dont think he's worked hard enough in the gym.

Stand him alongside Brabazon who was also a pipsqueak when he was his Jack Clarke medal and you can see the difference, yes I know Brabazon was benifited by his years at Sydney but it's not that hard to pile the kilos on if you really, really want to.

He's incredibly fit though, so he works pretty hard on his cardio.

Hawthorn were keen on him in his last year of Colts football.

http://bigpondvideo.com/afl/90390

Thanks GordonGecko, be interesting to see what happens at draft time this year. I will follow these guys with interest.

Will be a massive win if Houghton makes the grade. Some say Freo reached a bit taking him at 36 but he does little things that make you see why. Next year you would start to hope he is demanding a place in the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's good to hear, but Sibo is going to have to have one hell of a final few weeks of the season - there's no rookie list spot to save him this time.

Agree with this. Reading between the lines of these generally positive WAFL watch reports - Fremantle coaching committee has been disappointed with Sibo this year. The reference to the competitive nature of Silvani makes me think he plays in cruise control too much with no intensity.

I'm more interested in how Faulks and Houghton go for the remainder of the year. Really hoping both have a decent injury free run through to the end of the season. In my opinion both Shepheard and Sibo are gone. A few performances like the weekend just gone may save Sibo but he is a long shot for a permanent spot.

Sibo kicks his 4th straight from outside 50 after a nice lead. He's playing with a bit of authority. I suppose it depends on list management but I'd persist with him. Late bloomer and super talent. Looks like he's about to kick his 5th from a mark.

STATS

Shepherd - 15 possies, 9 hit outs, 1 goal :thumbsu:
Faulks - 8 possies, 1 tackle :eek:
Crichton - 13 touches, 4 tackles
VanBerlo - 17 possies, 10 marks, 4 tackles :thumbsu:
Bradley - 27 possesions, 11 marks, 7 Inside 50's :thumbsu::thumbsu:
Anthony - 10 possies, 0 tackles :eek:, 1 goal :thumbsdown:
Houghton - 6 touches, 2 marks
Sibasad0 - 12 possies, 5 marks, 3 tackles, 5 goals :D
Pitt - 9 possies, 1 tackle
Hinkley - 20 possies, 2 tackles, 1 goal

Remove this Banner Ad