WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

If Faulks played on Smith it was a good game for him. Smith only had 12 touches and 1 goal. Smith has been a key player this year and Faulks has had difficulty with the bigger bodies. Not sure if he did play on Smith, but as has been mentioned I wouldn't judge him on possessions alone. He is never going to be a big collector of the ball.

It was an ok game from Sibo from what I watched on ABC TV. His goal kicking was great. But his tackling pressure and second efforts were not. At times cruises around disinterested. But he is improving which is a positive.

STATS

Shepherd - 15 possies, 9 hit outs, 1 goal :thumbsu:
Faulks - 8 possies, 1 tackle :eek:
Crichton - 13 touches, 4 tackles
VanBerlo - 17 possies, 10 marks, 4 tackles :thumbsu:
Bradley - 27 possesions, 11 marks, 7 Inside 50's :thumbsu::thumbsu:
Anthony - 10 possies, 0 tackles :eek:, 1 goal :thumbsdown:
Houghton - 6 touches, 2 marks
Sibasad0 - 12 possies, 5 marks, 3 tackles, 5 goals :D
Pitt - 9 possies, 1 tackle
Hinkley - 20 possies, 2 tackles, 1 goal

We really need to have some help in the forward line. Sibo is exactly what we need up forward. It may be time to give Mayne a break and try the Sibo! Way to go Sibo, you are a natural forward and it is time to take your chance at the highest level!!!:D:thumbsu:

We really need to have some help in the forward line. Sibo is exactly what we need up forward. It may be time to give Mayne a break and try the Sibo! Way to go Sibo, you are a natural forward and it is time to take your chance at the highest level!!!:D:thumbsu:

We can't play him in the seniors as a rookie though, can we? Somebody has to be on the long term injury list to open a spot for him. I'd like to see him thrown in for a few games to see if he could possibly cut it But I don;t see how we can at the moment.

Anybody care to clarify?

I suspect Sibo would have been on thin ice at the beginning of the season, and for this year he's mostly been poor. I'd like to see him hopefully replicate this type of form for the remainder of the season, he will probably need to in order to avoid axing.

If he can and is retained I'd like to see him pushing for consistent action in the senior side next year.

We can't play him in the seniors as a rookie though, can we? Somebody has to be on the long term injury list to open a spot for him. I'd like to see him thrown in for a few games to see if he could possibly cut it But I don;t see how we can at the moment.

Anybody care to clarify?
I don't think we'd have any trouble finding someone on the long term injury list.

Anybody care to clarify?

Yes I must admit that I had a little chuckle to myself. Which one of our long term injuries would you like to choose to elevate Sibo? Why not take Viv Mitchie? He is out for the rest of the year.

From memory a player needs to be injured (out) for 8 or more weeks for a Rookie elevation to take place. Buca and Pearce have been elevated but Sibo is the clear choice from the remainder of the list.

It is time!!!:D:thumbsu:

I don't think we'd have any trouble finding someone on the long term injury list.

Yes I must admit that I had a little chuckle to myself. Which one of our long term injuries would you like to choose to elevate Sibo? Why not take Viv Mitchie? He is out for the rest of the year.

From memory a player needs to be injured (out) for 8 or more weeks for a Rookie elevation to take place. Buca and Pearce have been elevated but Sibo is the clear choice from the remainder of the list.

It is time!!!:D:thumbsu:

Pearce, Bucovaz and Lower are all upgraded, one at the start of the season and Buca for Michie, Pearce for Morabito.

THis is the list from the AFL website, which is obviously a little out of date

Hayden Ballantyne Hamstring Test
Michael Barlow General Soreness Test
Justin Bollenhagen Knee 4 weeks
Antoni Grover Adductor Test
Adam McPhee Knee 2 weeks
Viv Michie Foot Season
Anthony Morabito Knee Season
David Mundy Leg 6 weeks
Gavin Roberts Quad 2 weeks
Tim Ruffles Knee 2 weeks
Aaron Sandilands Toe 4 weeks
Nick Suban Fibula fracture 2 weeks
Michael Walters Knee 8 weeks

So that leaves us Walters as a potential long term injury and that's it. Fortunately, guys we are getting to the tail end of our injury woes.

We're still allowed to upgrade a rookie for the mid-season promotion spot. I don't think we'll be using it, unless something truly awful happens in the next couple of months.

So Chris, you don't think Sibo may be a chance to get a run? We've been appalling in front of goal this year and he seems to have a very accurate kick. Surely a "no pressure" guernsey against the Swannies in Sydney could be something that wiley old Harves would contemplate?

I think it would be very surprising. Given we want him to play as a defender, and it sounds like him going forward was more because Perth don't rate him that highly down back at the moment. Maybe we've given Perth the option of playing him at either end...

But so far, he has only played 5 quarters of football all season up forward. Anything could happen from here.

True, it'd be good to know how many spoils he made. Anyone happen to see his game that could vouch for him without bias?

Sunday times mentioned he played a good defensive game I'm guessing on Josh Smith and had 10 spoils:thumbsu:

A move in the right direction. People have been quick to right off Faulks, but he has done a mountain of work on big area of weakness being his endurance and has had recurring lower leg issues this year.

A good run of games and continued form might see him crack a game later in the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it would be very surprising. Given we want him to play as a defender, and it sounds like him going forward was more because Perth don't rate him that highly down back at the moment. Maybe we've given Perth the option of playing him at either end...

But so far, he has only played 5 quarters of football all season up forward. Anything could happen from here.

I thought we recruited him as a potential forward and he got moved down back because he wasn't going too well up forward at first. IIRC, he started with Claremont and couldn't break into the senior side, then got moved to Perth where they played him down back to get him reading the play a bit better?

People calling for Sibo to play are idiotic. He has played well in 1 game this year. How doess that mean he derserves to play.

"Der" sums it up well for you Latro. Like Chris has highlighted, we have the ability to elevate a Rookie if we want to. We have a serious lack of goal kicking ability from our Key position forwards. If you were to take Pav out of the picture then we are struggling. Casey has been performing reasonably well in the backline and they have just started playing him forward at Perth. He kicked 2 goals last week including the winning goal. 5 Goals this week from few disposals.

We need accuracy in the team. Sibo is one of the most skilled players that we have. Does it not make sense to even contemplate bringing a young, skilled key position prospect into the side who is kicking goals? I think it does!:D:thumbsu:

"Der" sums it up well for you Latro. Like Chris has highlighted, we have the ability to elevate a Rookie if we want to. We have a serious lack of goal kicking ability from our Key position forwards. If you were to take Pav out of the picture then we are struggling. Casey has been performing reasonably well in the backline and they have just started playing him forward at Perth. He kicked 2 goals last week including the winning goal. 5 Goals this week from few disposals.

We need accuracy in the team. Sibo is one of the most skilled players that we have. Does it not make sense to even contemplate bringing a young, skilled key position prospect into the side who is kicking goals? I think it does!:D:thumbsu:

I'd be dissapointed if they didn't give him a crack at the top level before they de-list him. Has great potential. I say give him a go if he has another couple good weeks. Although a few players are coming back so it is pretty unlikely that he'll get an opportunity.

Sibo is one of the most skilled players that we have. Does it not make sense to even contemplate bringing a young, skilled key position prospect into the side who is kicking goals? I think it does!:D:thumbsu:

If we get to a stage in our season where;

the rest of the games are meaningless with no possibility of finals

OR

we have a game like the game against Hawthorn last year and want to rest players while giving some fringe guys a look in

OR

Sibbo has consistent good form that warrants selection over Johnson, Bradley, Anthony, Bucca and Houghton

OR

MacPharlin, Grover or SNOS get injured ending their season

give him a game. If not, then let him keep developing at wafl, get hungry, learn how to impose himself, and elevate at the end of the year.

I'd be dissapointed if they didn't give him a crack at the top level before they de-list him. Has great potential. I say give him a go if he has another couple good weeks. Although a few players are coming back so it is pretty unlikely that he'll get an opportunity.

Sibo will probably get a run if we fall out of finals contention.

Sibo is one of the most skilled players that we have. Does it not make sense to even contemplate bringing a young, skilled key position prospect into the side who is kicking goals? I think it does!:D:thumbsu:

Take some tissues, go clean up. If he was one of the most skilled players we have, he wouldn't be on the verge of being dropped to the reserves at times. And he is nowhere near one of the most skilled players anyway. Wowee, kicking 5 goals in a WAFL game, quick put him in, he must be able to kick 100 in the AFL a game!

Is it 3rd year on the rookie for him? If so may not need to delist, if the AFLPA get their way with the new CBA there will be no rookie list, just a main list of 46-48 or whatever it is.

From the bit I saw on Tv i was impressed by the way Houghton moves for a big player. I could see real potential in this boy

That's one of the things that I liked about in his draft video, he's not some lumbering giant, he's actually pretty agile, and looks very good when the ball is on the ground.

Hate to say it but Schammer was very good today. His ball use by foot in particular was impressive.

He wasn't poking his kicks like he normally does, extended his follow through and hit up targets in dangerous spots.

Whether that's the result of training or the knowledge that he's not really fighting for a spot is anyone's guess, either way a standout game in what was a fairly high class contest today.

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back