WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone got any thoughts on Kristin Thornton. 20 possessions to half time. Pretty sure he plays in the midfield for peel. Is he the one who used to play forward for Sydney?

Rekon Pitt and Sibo would be in the bottom 5 players in the match. So disappointing, Sibo has about a 0.1% chance of staying on the list and Pitt really needs to work harder in the remaining few games.

EDIT: Forgot Shepheard is still on our list, so make that 3 of the bottom 5 players.

Been watching the Royals v Demons game. Poor day by our boys.

Sibosado- sorry not AFL standard. Does not have the ticker. A good kick but thats about it
Shepherd-Does the occasional good thing but is awol most of the time.
Houghton - by my reckoning only 3rd game after injury riddled 2 seasons. Worth persisting with.
Pitt - did not look committed. Major idsappointment his year.

So Claremont held on by about 4 goals, solid effort. Stats say Schammer had a great game. How did Suban run the game out? 7 Kicks and 3 hand passes doesn't look to bad for the shorter quarters. Pretty good that he just got a nice run in his legs.

Watched Claremont today.
Suban played deep in defence...was ok, marshalled the troops as he does & ran well....looked short of a run though, & I'd seriously doubt he'd be playing in the derby unless he's a sub & I think a full run would be more benefit to himself & the club.

Schammer was BOG to 1/2 time but it doesn't matter as he's not getting selected anyway is he...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched Claremont today.
Suban played deep in defence...was ok, marshalled the troops as he does & ran well....looked short of a run though, & I'd seriously doubt he'd be playing in the derby unless he's a sub & I think a full run would be more benefit to himself & the club.

Schammer was BOG to 1/2 time but it doesn't matter as he's not getting selected anyway is he...

I was there too! Diehards only, I must say. Was only there till half time, and Suban looked pretty good for mine.
Ashley Prescott was there taking notes etc. Don't reckon he'll make the Derby either, but he looks ready after some WAFL time.

Two words. No Good. And won't be for some time.

Bit harsh imo. General consensus pre-season was that this season would be a learning and development year for Pitt.....and the five early senior games hasn't changed that. Still, I thought he showed some encouraging signs in his AFL games.....as has Mellington more recently. Sometimes it seems like it's easier for some of these youngsters in the senior team than back in the WAFL. Not really sure why that is.

How long do you think he might take?

I thought both Crichton and Faulks played well today, even if Crichton was the loose man in defence for a lot of it, but really used the ball well and opened it up for his teammates..

Bit harsh imo. General consensus pre-season was that this season would be a learning and development year for Pitt.....and the five early senior games hasn't changed that. Still, I thought he showed some encouraging signs in his AFL games.....as has Mellington more recently. Sometimes it seems like it's easier for some of these youngsters in the senior team than back in the WAFL. Not really sure why that is.

How long do you think he might take?

Most people figure along the lines of 10-15 touches for a young fella in the AFL is a shit hot performance, but then they expect them do go back to the WAFL and shred it up.

It's probably not doing justice to young fellas in their first season or two of senior footy, but alas, such are expectations.

It's probably not doing justice to young fellas in their first season or two of senior footy, but alas, such are expectations.

I agree. It’s astonishing to see people writing Pitt off at 18 and not even fully grown (actually it’s not considering the levels of insight possessed by the number of reactionary idiots on this board.)
Further I didn't think he was that bad. He had 10 touches (all kicks, a number of them showing the super boot he is purported to be) as a half forward in a side that got smashed for 3 quarters and kicked a couple himself.

I actually think those early games were a mistake and it'll actually stall his development.

He should've been left to find his feet at Perth and earn his place in the firsts. Instead he was used sparingly, used as sub, used as emergency and by the time he got dropped he'd lost condition, lost confidence and had to go back and play with a group of guys that had played 6 or 7 rounds together and that he didn't know!

His subsequent form is no surprise really. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a touch disillusioned and homesick to be honest.

Poor management from the club IMO. Its not as if his pre-season form was anything startling, Harvey just said that he saw something that he liked about him???

Anyone that was at Basso know who Faulks played on?
Swans usual 2 key forwards - ex Weagle spuds Hansen and Notte - had 2 and 1 possession respectively. I gather one of those?

I hope you're right but it could also have been Geapen? He had it 11 times and kicked 1 goal 2. Still a fair effort if so.

He did play on Gaeppen all day and the only goal he got was through a soft free kick. He spoilt well all day and linked up better from defence than he has been in other games..

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back