WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think those early games were a mistake and it'll actually stall his development.

He should've been left to find his feet at Perth and earn his place in the firsts. Instead he was used sparingly, used as sub, used as emergency and by the time he got dropped he'd lost condition, lost confidence and had to go back and play with a group of guys that had played 6 or 7 rounds together and that he didn't know!

His subsequent form is no surprise really. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a touch disillusioned and homesick to be honest.

Poor management from the club IMO. Its not as if his pre-season form was anything startling, Harvey just said that he saw something that he liked about him???

you dont sign a contract extension if you are disillusioned and homesick

I actually think those early games were a mistake and it'll actually stall his development.

He should've been left to find his feet at Perth and earn his place in the firsts. Instead he was used sparingly, used as sub, used as emergency and by the time he got dropped he'd lost condition, lost confidence and had to go back and play with a group of guys that had played 6 or 7 rounds together and that he didn't know!

I've been thinking the same thing actually. Those early games have done more harm than good.

I expect we'll see a much more confident kid next year though after he adds some much needed bulk in the preseason.

Thanks TS.

13 players in the WAFL. Strewth! It sounds like they mostly had relatively solid games as well.

Out of the talls, it sounds like Bradley, Houghton and Faulks all had good games. Whilst, Shepheard had some injury troubles and Sibosado just missed his chances. Promising signs for the big man department IMO.

For whatever reason, I'm finding it hard to shake my man-crush on Pearce. It's either the ultra consistent form or the no nonsense haircut...

Thanks TS.

13 players in the WAFL. Strewth! It sounds like they mostly had relatively solid games as well.

Out of the talls, it sounds like Bradley, Houghton and Faulks all had good games. Whilst, Shepheard had some injury troubles and Sibosado just missed his chances. Promising signs for the big man department IMO.

For whatever reason, I'm finding it hard to shake my man-crush on Pearce. It's either the ultra consistent form or the no nonsense haircut...

^Thisssss :thumbsu::D

Thanks TS.

He's always struck me as a pretty smart player, good skills, good tackler etc. Why isn't he getting regular games? Surely he offers more than JVB/Crowley/other fringe players?

He's more the accumulator type who can get plenty of touches and kick a few goals. He's not the sort of guy who will play 5 minute bursts and shred the game.

I think Clancy is a good player, but he's playing for a position with alot of competition.

Can't see him ever getting a full time gig in the midfield, not because he's a dud, he's just not as good as those ahead. Maybe if he seriously trimmed down, he could be handy off HF. He could afford to give away some of the size in contests if it helps him pick up a yard or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Perth:
Bradley, Mellington, Van Berlo

Perth:
Houghton, Sibosado

East Freo:
Bucovaz

Peel:
Crichton, Faulks

Subiaco:
Anthony
Swans:
Pearce, Hinkley

11 players playing WAFL this week including 1 of our emergencies - Pitt is not playing for perth this week??

Watched some of the sharks/royals on ABC TV.

Bucovas had a purple patch in the 3/4. First time I;ve had a real look at him.

Still a boy. Who shaves.

Will be a champ in a few years.

notice that perth knocked over the falcons. any reports on the Freo guys???

Saw about 3 quarters of the game.
Kepler was OK in his typical typical goofy style.
Jay Van Berlo looked very classy in some of the things he did, also played well.
Sibasado has the skills but lack of desire doubt he will make it and will probably get cut at the end of the year. Too lazy for AFL level.
Joel Houghton did some nice things and for a big guy shows a willingness to run and chase.
Pitt did not play. Mellington was interchanged quite often which was odd considering he mostly played half forward and consequently did not do much.

Peter Faulks, an emergency for Fremantle this week, won a fascinating duel with reigning Bernie Naylor Medlalist Chad Jones, keeping him to just two goals.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...asts-plucky-peel/story-e6frg243-1226100519792

The Falcons' most consistent player, Kepler Bradley, had a hand in two goals as the home team took control of the midfield, which it had been unable to do thanks to Andrew McDougall's dominance in the ruck
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...win-over-falcons/story-e6frg243-1226100514730

Anthony provided a good target up forward as Blake Broadhurst had a rare off day, with his second goal extending the Lions' lead to 33 points.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...rashing-of-swans/story-e6frg243-1226100514600

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back