WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if anyone has already commented on Mellington's two desperate chases in the forward 50 for holding the ball in the last quarter. Shamed he missed both shots though.

Why? There's no rule that prevents AFL players playing for their local club during the bye.

There is if they played the week before at AFL level ... I don't know the full details, but it's an AFLPA thing and, basically, a player who played the week before at AFL level cannot be required to play the lower level during the bye. If they do, they become unavailable for AFL the following week.

However, they can get special permission but it has to be cleared by the AFLPA - in this case they may well have got it, it's not like Mellington has had that much time on the field at AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is if they played the week before at AFL level ... I don't know the full details, but it's an AFLPA thing and, basically, a player who played the week before at AFL level cannot be required to play the lower level during the bye. If they do, they become unavailable for AFL the following week.

However, they can get special permission but it has to be cleared by the AFLPA - in this case they may well have got it, it's not like Mellington has had that much time on the field at AFL level.

Correct, Freo would have easily got a clearance for Mello considering he was used as a sub against GC and didn't come on till the last quarter.

Faulks injured again? He's been stuck on 1 handball since the first quarter.

Faulks ended up with 6 possies which is about right for him ??? Crighton had 19 ,Mellington 15 and 2.4 ,JVB had a solid game with 20 odd possies.
Clancy played ressies for PT and had 25 whilst Houghton played for EF ressies but managed only 7 which would be a bit dissappointing unless injured again.
Kep dog and Anthony did not play

At Joondalup today & Mellington really impressive....will be a very good pick up for us, espicially as he is just 18. I think as a 22-23 year old half forward, he will be really dangerous.

Schammer was ok but a bit seagullish at times....he really should of been reported for his late attack on a West Perth player, but umpires didn't bring out the book.

VanBerlo did well....

On another note....Luke Blackwell should be playing AFL...I would be very happy if Freo threw this kid a lifeline, just runs all day & deceny skills...

On another note....Luke Blackwell should be playing AFL...I would be very happy if Freo threw this kid a lifeline, just runs all day & deceny skills...

I can't remember which thread it was and I know it's just BigFooty but someone posted here a week or so again claiming we've committed to taking Blackwell this year.

Not sure if anyone has already commented on Mellington's two desperate chases in the forward 50 for holding the ball in the last quarter. Shamed he missed both shots though.

Very impressed with his tackling, he definitely loves playing above his weight.

Didn't look too bad in a Garlic Munchers guernsey.

At Joondalup today & Mellington really impressive....will be a very good pick up for us, espicially as he is just 18. I think as a 22-23 year old half forward, he will be really dangerous.

Schammer was ok but a bit seagullish at times....he really should of been reported for his late attack on a West Perth player, but umpires didn't bring out the book.

VanBerlo did well....

Have to agree based upon what I saw today......

Shepheard was one of the best for EP in the Foxtel Cup apparently. It seems that he and Sibbo have been read their last rites and they're fighting back to save their careers.

I particularly liked this comment from the article: "Shepheard kicked a goal and provided a consistant option for EP, as he sought desperately to lead his team"

It doesn't sound much like the Shepheard I've seen but there you go. Good on him.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/118170/default.aspx

Talk is he has been guaranteed a spot of Freo's rookie list if he is still there.

Was I imaging it or was Kep Monster named for West Perth yesterday and then apparently didn't play??

Anyone got an idea why that was/is?

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back