WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Nickos, or anyone else, do you know why Bollenhagen was transferred to Swans? I know we're going to end up with the spoon, so is this like a priority pick before next years reverse draft? :p:D

I thought he played a couple of really good games for Perth, which I know was last year, but has there been a falling out or something?

Thanks
Now that Perth aren't the cellar dwellers our players aren't good enough for them. He's been dropped to the reserves once or twice this season and is coming back from repeated injuries. Looks pretty bad for them..

Now that Perth aren't the cellar dwellers our players aren't good enough for them. He's been dropped to the reserves once or twice this season and is coming back from repeated injuries. Looks pretty bad for them..

He can earn his spot like everyone else has to. For example, Casey has been playing week in week out because he works his butt off and adds something to the team. Bolla has disappointed us week after week - he plays like a champion for 10 mins and then goes missing for the rest of the game. Saw him in the ressies last game and looked to be finding confidence. Ah well, good luck to him at Basso.

Really, Perth being the cellar dwellers can't afford to carry players of Bollenhagens ability they have a hard enough time winning, the only players that perform when coming back to Wafl duties are the Perth products that have been picked up by Freo.

What does it make Freo look like when you have to transfer players to other clubs because they sook when they can't crack a league game, pretty soft imo, Bollenhagen should of been told to earn his place in the league side first.

If Bollenhagen is good enough to be guaranteed a league game every week why isn't he playing for Fremantle? No player in any club at any level should ever be guaranteed a start.

Fremantle and Perth don't get along, thats not a secret. While there is some merit in earning your spot, at this stage of the season Freo probably just want to see if Bolly can run out three straight league games.

If that's the case, what difference would it make running out three games in the reserves? Placing unrealistic expectations on WAFL clubs and having no regard for the competition isn't going to help the AFL clubs get their own teams in the WAFL.

Fremantle and Perth don't get along, thats not a secret. While there is some merit in earning your spot, at this stage of the season Freo probably just want to see if Bolly can run out three straight league games.

Why have him run out three league games when he isn't up to the standard? It is an insult to the league/ressies player who has a job and trains/plays in his spare time.

Speaking of Freo and a WAFL club not getting along, a few years ago the Dockers had a meeting asking the WAFL footy managers how can we improve relations, one footy manager responded "well for a start you can stop drafting duds".:thumbsu:

Speaking of Freo and a WAFL club not getting along, a few years ago the Dockers had a meeting asking the WAFL footy managers how can we improve relations, one footy manager responded "well for a start you can stop drafting duds".:thumbsu:[/QUOTE]

How constructive...

i see no reason as to why bolly should be "garaunteed" a game with the demons, and unless there is blatant disregard of good form, bolly should be told to put the hard yards in, suck it up and earn his spot

If that's the case, what difference would it make running out three games in the reserves? Placing unrealistic expectations on WAFL clubs and having no regard for the competition isn't going to help the AFL clubs get their own teams in the WAFL.

Take a look at how much money Fremantle pay to the WAFL. If the Fremantle and West Coast teams get the burden of paying for the lower league without even getting first choice of the new talent they've paid for, they should be able to decide what their players do.

I respect your opinion, but it will cost the WAFL $4,000,000 of Fremantle and West Coast's money when the AFL seize the licenses off the WAFC because of it. I can't see as much money for grass roots footy being funneled it by Victorian AFL house as a WA based commission currently does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off topic sorry, but it needs to go somewhere;

ABC Radio News just said that GC17 reserves defeated Sheedy's GWS (with Issi playing) by 97 points.

Speaking of Freo and a WAFL club not getting along, a few years ago the Dockers had a meeting asking the WAFL footy managers how can we improve relations, one footy manager responded "well for a start you can stop drafting duds".:thumbsu:

What a w@nker, if that's the calibre of people that run WAFL clubs then the sooner we get our own team the better.

Off topic sorry, but it needs to go somewhere;

ABC Radio News just said that GC17 reserves defeated Sheedy's GWS (with Issi playing) by 97 points.

Don't think it's that big a deal. Atm their list would consist of 17 year olds and D grade muppets. They'll go alot better once they replaced the flak with AFL players, and the kids have another year under the belt.

Saying that, I don't think they'll do aswell as GC have done this year though.

For those that haven't seen it:

Freo's WAFL pull-out
Fremantle have defended their right to hold a host of players back from WAFL duty this weekend, citing the need to manage their players in the face of a long injury list that has dogged their season.​
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/10077427/freos-wafl-pull-out/

It's hardly a 'host' of players. Keps is an emergency so fair enough, Griffin is an injury concern - given how much issue the club have had in that area, again I think that's fair enough. Duffield is a bit strange, but he's played a long hard season and in lieu of not being able to do what Pies or Cats have done with rotating rest weeks, that's the best we can do. Pearce is even stranger, so lets say that's 2 players max that Freo have unusually held back - hardly a 'host of players'. In any case, I've got no problem with that, especially with a player like Duffield, it's up to the Dockers to do what they think is best.

Just the Worst trying to beat up a 'controversy' again I reckon.

There's still hope.Jaeger might celebrate his excellent debut,by ending up in a drunken fist fight, at a Perth nite spot.

That'll just make the Weagles recruiters want him more.

Meanwhile in the same game Sibosado has a game-low 5 possessions. Delist now, at least then it won't be a story when Perth want to drop him to the ressies.

Had the pleasure of watching O'meara in his debut for Perth, dead set gun 4 goals on debut and set up a couple of others, his asking price might of gone up a fair bit after this display.

Lockyer was good today also.

I really hope we get him.

Sheppard took 2 really good strong marks and kicked 2 good goals in a 10 minute patch and did SFA for the rest of the game.
He did go off with an injury at one point late in the third though - came back on but had no effect. The constant feedback on this guy is that he doesn't get involved in enough of the game and that was definitely the case today!

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back