WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

It's strange how JVB isn't listed for WP - either in the team or as an "out"???

They're playing in Gero and it's the game on TV so we'll see if he lines up. I'm sure its a blue by WAFLOnline.

Lockyer is making his league debut in this game also.

Seriously!

There's no bad luck about it. How many foot, calf, ankle, knee injuries have we had this year.

I don't know what our fitness staff are doing to cause all the weaknesses to our players lower legs but we need to get it sorted quickly!

Seriously!

There's no bad luck about it. How many foot, calf, ankle, knee injuries have we had this year.

I don't know what our fitness staff are doing to cause all the weaknesses to our players lower legs

I do.

They're running them into the ground. Killing careers and flattening our side into oblivion.

I do.

They're running them into the ground. Killing careers and flattening our side into oblivion.

I fear you might be right. Signs were worrying when Anthony came over and remarked on how much more running than Collingwood we do, and Stephen Hill and Mundy got over-trained in the pre-season.

Having had it happen with me once during my cycling days, I can tell that doing too much is just as bad, if not worse, than doing too little.

I don't know what our fitness staff are doing to cause all the weaknesses to our players lower legs but we need to get it sorted quickly!

I'm not sure what on earth you're referring to, but apart from maybe the questionable recall of 211 and the (perhaps) unrelated re-injury, which other injuries have been caused by fitness work rather than in-play? :confused:

(It also might be the wrong thread).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's disappointing we have so many unquestioning supporters. It's as clear as day to come to these conclusions.

Enjoying the Eneco tour Siggy?

I was in your part of the world the other week.

Belgian food. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Belgian women. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

If I ran the club, I'd invest to overhaul the fitness department and get the best possible guys in there (including a top line sports-psych). Our program is just not working and that's having an effect on so many different aspects.

Eneco Tour is very enjoyable so far. Boasson Hagen and Gilbert are having EPIC years. Thought about going to see the final stage tomorrow, as it is close by, but my three year old son has a nasty cold, so I think I'll watch it on the TV. Hope our shitty summer didn't bother you too much and you had a good time :thumbsu:

If I ran the club, I'd invest to overhaul the fitness department and get the best possible guys in there (including a top line sports-psych). Our program is just not working and that's having an effect on so many different aspects.

Eneco Tour is very enjoyable so far. Boasson Hagen and Gilbert are having EPIC years. Thought about going to see the final stage tomorrow, as it is close by, but my three year old son has a nasty cold, so I think I'll watch it on the TV. Hope our shitty summer didn't bother you too much and you had a good time :thumbsu:

We were meant to have the best guys in there. They seemed to do a good job last year, but this year has been completely over the top, and obviously they haven't tapered correctly or done enough sprint work.

The last two and a half weeks in Europe, it rained everyday - except that is, the last day of the tour in Paris. :D I was really surprised by Belgium. Absolutely loved it. The people are great. Made a change from snooty French people.

It's made me super motivated for my cycling now though. Just wished I'd had a bike with me whilst I was over there. I can see why people do ride so much.

It's strange how JVB isn't listed for WP - either in the team or as an "out"???

They're playing in Gero and it's the game on TV so we'll see if he lines up. I'm sure its a blue by WAFLOnline.

Lockyer is making his league debut in this game also.

I heard on 6peeaarghh this arvo that they said JVB wasn't playing due to injury.

Who'd have guessed it?

I'm not sure what on earth you're referring to, but apart from maybe the questionable recall of 211 and the (perhaps) unrelated re-injury, which other injuries have been caused by fitness work rather than in-play? :confused:

(It also might be the wrong thread).

Get your head out of the sand Esquilax. Have a think back over all our injuries this season and note how many are lower leg injuries - almost all!

Added to that Mora's knee was just a inconsequential slight change of direction at a moderate pace at training!

I think I saw Buco go down after watching the WAFL game last night and he seemed to just gather the ball, hand ball off to a player running past and then collapsed in a heap. No impact no nothing it was just something players do 100's of times a week!

Our players lower legs seem much more susceptable to injury (including impact) than players from other teams.

It's well and truly gone past just plain bad luck.

Over training isn't the reason for impact injuries Scham, which is what most of our injuries have been this year

Our injuries caused by fatigue would be on par with the rest of the competition.

Being all located in the lower leg means nothing.

Unless you are arguing for increased milk intake with their diet?

Over training isn't the reason for impact injuries Scham, which is what most of our injuries have been this year

Our injuries caused by fatigue would be on par with the rest of the competition.

Being all located in the lower leg means nothing.

Unless you are arguing for increased milk intake with their diet?

Complete and utter crap.

Ask any running or conditioning coach worth their salt.

I'd say it is a mix of both Chops. We haven't had too many soft tissue injuries and I'd say a fair amount of our fatigue is the fact that we've got a number of players out there who either missed substantial amounts of pre-season or a decent amount of games, not due to over training injuries. Players like Suban, Sandilands, Barlow, Hayden, Mundy, Ibbotson and Mzungu all experienced injuries that were just pure bad luck.

Complete and utter crap.

Ask any running or conditioning coach worth their salt.

Ok Chops, tell me where over training had an something to do with the injuries of:

Mundy
Sandilands
Suban
McPhee
Walters
Morabito
Bucovaz
De boer

Edit: Thanks Brades, add to the list Hayden, Ibbotson and Mzungu Chops.

Maybe Ibbo was doing a midnight front yard training run when he stepped on that sprinkler?

I'd say it is a mix of both Chops. We haven't had too many soft tissue injuries and I'd say a fair amount of our fatigue is the fact that we've got a number of players out there who either missed substantial amounts of pre-season or a decent amount of games, not due to over training injuries. Players like Suban, Sandilands, Barlow, Hayden, Mundy, Ibbotson and Mzungu all experienced injuries that were just pure bad luck.

You get information about the injuries you get in comparison to those that you don't.

A significant amount of lower leg injuries without groin complaints indicates that the core strength program is exceptionally good to overcome the work load.

A significant amount of bony and ligamentous injuries without soft tissue injuries indicates a work load issue.

A lack of soft tissue injuries in regards to bony injuries indicates a lack of dynamic work or sprint work - which is where they mostly occur.

I would hazard a guess that a lot of our players are experiencing serious tendonitis issues which would be consistent with these patterns.

Sandilands' and Hayden's injuries are not bad luck. I refuse to concede that. We have had so many serious lower leg injuries aside from bad luck that it is not a coincidence.

Any athlete, or anyone that has seen enough training programs can form conclusions that are incredibly obvious. Our weights and balance programs are very good - as seen by the lack of groin complaints and upper body injuries.

But our running program is pathetic. We aren't faster. We aren't fitter. We are more broken down and flat. Even without the coincidal injuries you can see this. You can be faster without being fitter. You can be fitter without being faster. You can be both. We are neither.

How someone that was as slow as Yarran, is now able to beat our once fastest players in a sprint, should give you an indication of where we are at.

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back