WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm no sports scientist or anything so I just take the info in front of me on face value, so it's just too coincidental for all of our injuries to be put down to bad luck.

Perhaps injuries like McPhee's, De Boers, Morabito's, Walters, Hayden's and Ibbo's wouldn't have happended without a prior weakness brought on by over training or something? Had you thought of that?

I mean, don't you think other players change direction at training (Mora) without doing their knee?

Other players have impact like McPhee, De Boer, Walter and Hayden all the time during games and don't break down. Don't Collingwood or WCE go in for the contested ball?

I'm sure others have run over the sprinklers that Ibbo did and sprained their ankle but not injured it to the extent of Ibbo.

Oh and BTW, it looked to me that Buco didn't have any impact. He hardly even changed direction so don't use that as an example as bad luck.

The same could be said of Mora. Those that witnessed it said it could hardly be any more inoccuous. That's not bad luck. There was obviously a problem or weakness that was waiting to happen.

I'm no sports scientist or anything so I just take the info in front of me on face value, so it's just too coincidental for all of our injuries to be put down to bad luck.

This is desperate, reaching nonsense. :thumbsdown:

Apart from Emperor Morabito's injury, which ones have been anything other than IN-PLAY??? It's a question you must answer before pointing any fingers, ANYWHERE, period.

(Also wrong thread - Injuries).

Not a conspiracy theorist by any chance?

Perhaps injuries like McPhee's, De Boers, Morabito's, Walters, Hayden's and Ibbo's wouldn't have happended without a prior weakness brought on by over training or something? Had you thought of that?

Perhaps those injuries wouldn't have happened if those players didn't waste vital minerals by spreading their seed? Had you thought of that?

By all mean ask questions and make connections, but making gross assumptions and passing it as fact is bad.

I mean, don't you think other players change direction at training (Mora) without doing their knee?

Don't you think players run around at training without breaking legs and doing ACL's?

Other players have impact like McPhee, De Boer, Walter and Hayden all the time during games and don't break down. Don't Collingwood or WCE go in for the contested ball?

Which again says there is an element of luck to it. You can do almost the same thing 99 times on the football field, and one more time it's a major injury.

I'm sure others have run over the sprinklers that Ibbo did and sprained their ankle but not injured it to the extent of Ibbo.

Therefore overtraining is the reason? Seriously?

The same could be said of Mora. Those that witnessed it said it could hardly be any more inoccuous. That's not bad luck. There was obviously a problem or weakness that was waiting to happen.

What appears inoccuous to us, may not make it the same biomechanically. I've seen people require a knee reconstruction after turning maybe 45 degrees while shopping

I want whatever Llyod was on when he wrote this...:eek:

Byron Schammer
Byron played midfield, wing and high forward for Claremont, continuing his consistent form with a hard-working performance. His ball-use was a highlight, putting teammates into space with his sharp, clean hands, and he ran hard into defence to assist his teammates. He showed good composure, and he seemed to have a lot of time with the ball, finishing with 24 disposals, including five inside 50s

I want whatever Llyod was on when he wrote this...:eek:

Buco must have done a lot with his possessions to get player of the week, because Schammer's write up sounds a lot more positive. Maybe they're just sharing it around. JVB got a player of the week the other week for having good running patterns and having a similar number of possessions to Buco. Didn't see any of the games, so no idea whether the picks were deserved or not.

Has Schammer been nominated as player of the week so far/much this season? Would be pretty bad form to nominate him as player of the week quite a bit throughout the season and not give him a game... so guessing that they haven't?

Can't help but feel a bit sorry for Byron. He's probably our most consistent player in the WAFL.

I would love to know exactly what it is that he is not doing. I know he struggles with modern football (the whole positional zone thing), and his kicks can be suspect, but surely he has improved these areas. He seems to be a dam hard worker, so why with his work ethic is he not able to improve.

Seems to me that Byrons failure is the football departments failure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not very smart. It's as simple as that IMO

Not sure about that. His kicking has been the main problem. I remember for a few games he was thrust into the middle and did very well, burrowed in there and fired out handballs. Poor guy got played across halfback by Cuddles and never recovered.

I am just perplexed with all the injuries and poor performances we've had this year that he's not been given a game or two even if it's just to give someone a rest.

Poor guy got played across halfback by Cuddles and never recovered.

I never understood the criticism of playing him across halfback, a position we were desperate for a player to stand up, a fairly common place for mid-fielders to rotate to during games, a good place to hone defensive skills when you are a fringe player struggling to get a game with a midfield containing better players. When Schammer was not able to do it, we ended up with Bell running through there way too often.

I would love to know exactly what it is that he is not doing. I know he struggles with modern football (the whole positional zone thing), and his kicks can be suspect, but surely he has improved these areas. He seems to be a dam hard worker, so why with his work ethic is he not able to improve.

Seems to me that Byrons failure is the football departments failure.

So apart from struggling with the whole positional zone thing, lacking height and pace, not being very accountable and having bad foot skills and even worse decision making he's the complete package and an important part of our future. ;)

And it's up: http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/tabid/7009/default.aspx?newsid=121293

Bolly's been transferred out of the Demons to the Swannies. :eek:

Nickos, or anyone else, do you know why Bollenhagen was transferred to Swans? I know we're going to end up with the spoon, so is this like a priority pick before next years reverse draft? :p:D

I thought he played a couple of really good games for Perth, which I know was last year, but has there been a falling out or something?

Thanks

Nickos, or anyone else, do you know why Bollenhagen was transferred to Swans? I know we're going to end up with the spoon, so is this like a priority pick before next years reverse draft? :p:D

I thought he played a couple of really good games for Perth, which I know was last year, but has there been a falling out or something?

Thanks

It does seem odd.......

How many other Freo players are at Perth? I think I remember an issue with Pitt a few weeks ago?

So apart from struggling with the whole positional zone thing, lacking height and pace, not being very accountable and having bad foot skills and even worse decision making he's the complete package and an important part of our future. ;)

Yes all true. I just remember thinking he had potential when he first arrived. Then again that is a common theme with many of our players.
I've always like Byron's endeavour, I just think he could have become the player that Lower is or better.
Coulda Shoulda Woulda, guess he'll be gone at years end, which seems such a waste.

Yes all true. I just remember thinking he had potential when he first arrived. Then again that is a common theme with many of our players.
I've always like Byron's endeavour, I just think he could have become the player that Lower is or better.
Coulda Shoulda Woulda, guess he'll be gone at years end, which seems such a waste.

He just needed to play through the midfield as a genuine on-baller and was never really given the opportunities. By the time he was given a chance he'd hardly developed in the role and the game had changed fairly significantly.

At the moment, he simply doesn't have any outstanding attributes that make giving him opportunities over younger players worthwhile.

Duffman not named for Sowfs? King Kepler not named for Falcons.

Pearce not named for Black Ducks either ....

(To be honest, actually haven't taken much notice of the lists this year - have they been not naming Docker players and then playing them anyway??)

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL Watch 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back