2nds WAFL Watch 2014 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless the rumours about Menegola are true I see DB as Creepy's replacement.

I think he will be fantastic in that role. What i like about how Crowley goes about is the calmness he has. He doesn't get angry. He is almost Zen-like in his application and dedication. I think de Boer has the same kind of professionalism.

Its certainly an area he needs to work on. It seems to have gotten worse as the years progressed. His bio said he was an elite kick off both feet:eek:
I don't think there's too much wrong with Ballard's execution, it's more his decision making. IMO mora suffers the same affliction.

Sylvia has made us look stupid.

By being played out of position, dropped, then doing a hammy?

He's certainly made you look stupid.

Sylvia has been very good in the WAFL when played in his natural position, which is a goalkicking midfielder. He hasn't been given a single game in the seniors yet in that role.

Sylvia has been very good in the WAFL when played in his natural position, which is a goalkicking midfielder. He hasn't been given a single game in the seniors yet in that role.

No, he hasn't. He's a lazy spud. The only one looking silly is you.

TV has definitely improved in the 2nd half of the year. That was his best game for the club. He doesn't set the world on fire but neither does SOS when he plays wafl. I thought Wood took a step backwards yesterday, some days he just plays with no intent so for me the pendulum is swinging back from "keep" to "delist".

Wut? Seriously, after less than a year as a rookie you are all het up and ready to delist him?? With us having such amazing depth at forward and all that??

Jeebuz, thank cripes you have nothing to do with list management.

Has he had a BOG at wafl level this year? Serious question. The reports I have read he has been very ordinary and done absolutely nothing at all to press for selection into the senior team.

But the thing you don't seem to get is that Sylvia was also decent at times for Melbourne when and if he felt like it too. He has been given a chance to be a lot better than that here, and so far has utterly failed to take that chance.

Has he had a BOG at wafl level this year? Serious question. The reports I have read he has been very ordinary and done absolutely nothing at all to press for selection into the senior team.

But the thing you don't seem to get is that Sylvia was also decent at times for Melbourne when and if he felt like it too. He has been given a chance to be a lot better than that here, and so far has utterly failed to take that chance.

Wood or Sylvia? And in any event are you suggesting delisting is based on not achieving a BoG at the might that is Peel Thunder, with the awesomeness that is Cam Shepherd coaching them?

Yes, round 3 and Round 11, so twice in 8 games. In his last game before doing his hammy he also had 23 possessions, 2 goals but didn't crack a mention. But then like I said he is playing in the midfield for Peel, his natural position. For Fremantle he was playing in the forward pocket.

Yes, round 3 and Round 11, so twice in 8 games. In his last game before doing his hammy he also had 23 possessions, 2 goals but didn't crack a mention. But then like I said he is playing in the midfield for Peel, his natural position. For Fremantle he was playing in the forward pocket.

You mean the game where half our team had stats like that? Not least of all guys coming back from 3 years off, 1st year rookies as well scrawny, young forward pockets? Why are these kids with bugger all experience getting better stats than him every week? Not to mention getting senior call ups?

Continue to wear the dunce hat, though - calling people stupid and all.

You mean the game where half our team had stats like that? Not least of all guys coming back from 3 years off, 1st year rookies as well scrawny, young forward pockets? Why are these kids with bugger all experience getting better stats than him every week? Not to mention getting senior call ups?

What's the point of this post? I gave a serious answer to his "serious question". Sylvia has been named in Peel's best twice in 8 games. I put that other bit in because him and Morabito were tipped to get a recall by many Journos after that last game too, even though he wasn't named in the best. So he has played a few decent games for Peel. All academic now since he's done a hammy, so unlikely he'll play again this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

digressing also i am sure that people must of run into the guy with down syndrome that hangs out at the beacy. He used to ride the trains around freo and pretend he was a ticket inspector, yelling tickets, tickets. anyway he would walk up to the kids and ask them for their tickets which they would naively hand over and every time he would say that they were no good or something to that effect and rip them up, leaving the kids without a ticket, he was at it for years.

Amazing.

still believe colin sylvia will come good for us,give the guy a break new team new state and he wasnt exactly the fittest bloke thanks to the un proffesional dees

Curious stat:

Peel had more AFL first rounders (Mora, Kepler, Apeness, J.Bootsma) line up for them this weekend than Freo (Pav, Hill, Crozier).

I can't confirm for sure, but I'm pretty sure this has been the case for the entire season (with Sylvia, Sheridan & Simpson also Peel regulars).

Pfft early picks, who needs em!

Last edited:
I don't think there's too much wrong with Ballard's execution, it's more his decision making. IMO mora suffers the same affliction.
I'll watch the replay and see. Mora's decision making can be a little off at times (thankfully not as bad as Menengola's though) and his disposal is inconsistant and a little erratic at times (although I think it is improving), but he's a lot more damaging than Ballard. Would be quite happy if Ballard just becomes a top clearance player whose disposal is neat and tidy and leave our elite midfielders to do the rest. Fyfe is proving to be a brilliant forward/midfield option, so an extra clearance player like Ballard will free up Fyfey even more.

Which got him a senior game. I guess he knows what he needs to be showing to get a chance.

Yeah probably should have dropped him as soon as it became clear he could only play a role we do not need. There is no way he would displace our current inside goal kicking mids.

I have a feeling this is not directed at my post which you have quoted. If it is you may have to provide some context.

Correct, the effect of my having activated the ignore function for a special poster meant your post appeared by itself, without the post that you were replying to.

I now understand that you were not talking about delisting Wood, so all is fine and well, carry on. I was genuinely asking for clarification though, because your posts are almost always top notch!

Correct, the effect of my having activated the ignore function for a special poster meant your post appeared by itself, without the post that you were replying to.

I now understand that you were not talking about delisting Wood, so all is fine and well, carry on. I was genuinely asking for clarification though, because your posts are almost always top notch!

Cheers. I wouldn't be delisting either Wood or Sylvia just for the record. For totally different reasons it will be interesting to get a look at them after the next pre-season. We will see if Sylvia is serious, and we will see if Wood can actually bulk up.

Cheers. I wouldn't be delisting either Wood or Sylvia just for the record. For totally different reasons it will be interesting to get a look at them after the next pre-season. We will see if Sylvia is serious, and we will see if Wood can actually bulk up.

the next pre-season would be interesting ... my guess after what would be considered a failed season, sylvia will be coming back early from holidays to start training

Several of our players can play different roles, positions, than their favourite one. Grey, Ballard, have shown enough to suggest they
could play a role in the future. Positions may open up soon with retirements, players moved on.
Our kids just need more pre-seasons, game time to build on the requirements for AFL, but you can see the depth at the clubs disposal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back