2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Why can’t we get 60K at Optus?
1. Fixturing esp Sun arvo difficult for country folk.
2. For some of us the physical effort to get from home to seat is too great. Bus/train, walk from wherever, stairs.
3.Cost of seats
All of that covers all clubs in the AFL. yet the big clubs get sellouts when they winning.

So yes. some people will never get to game due to distance. due to timing, due to age/impediments, finance problem

But that is why the club needs a lot more than 60,000memberships ..

Win win win freo and the crowds wil lturn up on Sundays or even Friday night

Not to mention the hideous racket that assails us over the PA.
Agree it is just noise overdrive and also that silly race the fence sign thing at quarter time , we all know what the outcome will be

Can they play the Freo Freo song (which is great) that comes on at 3 quarter at the start of the game as well , get the boys fired up for the bounce down

Blighty has got a skill that translates instantly to AFL level: Just like your McGoverns, Levers, Weiterings and Ryans he often knows where the opposition player is going to kick the ball before even he has made up his mind himself, and like magic there they are intercepting.

Ask me to to say yes or no will he make it rather than prevaricating I'll say yes; but I have slight concerns about his ability to win enough one on ones with AFL forwards and maybe his kicking consistency (you really have to able to hit targets every time as an interceptor who doesn't play no. 1.

Anyway that now makes it 4 active AFL Players from Albany clubs by my count:

North: 2
Railways: 2
Royals: 0

Suffer in ya jocks Royals.

Last edited:
I don't think Murphy is listed for League or reserves.
Might not mean anything but Conrad Williams listed in the forward pocket in the reserves I wonder...

Some favourable outs for Claremont with the defensive talls Blight and Murphy missing this week but it doesn't look like Claremont are that tall in the forward half, and probably Hughes or Worner could play as talls at WAFL level.

Tregenza named at CHB but surely he would start forward with his contested marking and his accurate set shots at goal, as well as being the relief ruck, otherwise it would have been an opportunity to play Knobel and Reidy together.

Tregenza's rough conduct charge was withdrawn even though it seemed like, from watching it on the stream, the umpire pulled the notebook out and reported him during the game.

Ye Murphy looks like our mystery injury of the week

The AFL's crackdown on injury lists did not work at all
Not sure the AFL's intention was for a third of the "fit" players across the league to be listed as test either.

The reality of the amount of players playing injured and/or almost not getting up for games wouldn't be a great look.

They lost Darcy Craven a small forward

Peel lost Blight

Easts lost Teakle

WP lost Scaife

Subi lost Kentfield
Craven had only played 3 league games in his career (the last three weeks) so he's more a loss for their reserves side. I don't know about Kentfield (was playing league last but started this season in ressies).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Claremont all over Peel at the moment. Only Davies and Worner look like they are interested. Brodie's handpassing has been abysmal.
They need to get Delean higher up the ground because he's been unsighted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back