Waiting to hear from the club about season tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

No hardship for me, the club just needs to clarify people's position. We aren't going to play games with crowds this year.

I had a membership of a gym. They aren't open so they can't charge me a membership. It is actually really ******* simple.
Have you called them, or do you prefer to be a whining campaigner?

If the latter, you've nailed it. Well done.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Under these circumstances, I really don't see as a club how we can afford to keep Ross on next year. I think we need to cut him loose and save some money getting a rookie senior coach in.
I don't think Ross is going to win a game this year, so it's probably time to cut him.

There are clubs that bring in five to ten million less and receive ten to fifteen million more from the AFL than Fremantle does.

We need to get our players in front of cameras more often, boost our tiny sponsorship deal under $6m currently into the above $18m that the likes of Collingwood have. They had a $3,000,000 per year naming rights deal for their training base.

I don't think we have a naming rights for our training base.

Personally, I think we should be courting Adidas for that.

Good stuff.

We know the games aren't going to be played with crowds. So why are they hanging onto our money?

They can't change our membership fees from a membership to a donation.

the club won't go under. the AFL will bail them out. AFL meddling? boo hoo. Maybe we need some after the last couple of years. Seems like alot of group think and excuses down at the club lately.
To be fair, we don’t KNOW games aren’t going to be played with crowds, most of us think it. Until it becomes definite I don’t think they have to do anything about refunding memberships.

like you I would really like them to contact us and give an update, even if it doesnt give much detail because they can’t.

So I'm not going to be expecting any money back (Unless the players make any more ridiculous wage claims in which case I won't be subsidizing them )

But everyone is different and if you want a refund then so be it

In this case, what do you think would be a nice goodwill gesture from the club should we come out of this and have a normal 2021?

Maybe a seat upgrade?
A free afternoon in the special area up where the interchange gate are on the boundary line ( not sure what its called)?
Free grand final upgrade?

Thoughts

Personally I think it’s up to the individual member, if you want your money back, you get it (minus incidentals). If you want to donate your membership fee, do that. But for the majority I think a compromise would be nice & allow the club to keep a percentage of your membership dollar, whatever you can afford.
As others have suggested, those who donate their membership should be rewarded in the coming seasons.

this is about all members not just me.
No it's not because people with your attitude towards this situation are a burden on this club and I would like to think the minority of members have your logic or we are in trouble.

You are not speaking for other members with your rediculous suggestion if people need to refund they can call and ask for one.

Getting mad because the club hasn't returned all membership fees to everyone un requested is so childish grow up man.

No it's not because people with your attitude towards this situation are a burden on this club and I would like to think the minority of members have your logic or we are in trouble.

You are not speaking for other members with your rediculous suggestion if people need to refund they can call and ask for one.

Getting mad because the club hasn't returned all membership fees to everyone un requested is so childish grow up man.
I don’t think you have read through the thread carefully.

He hasn’t said that we can just call and get a refund. That was what others said in reply to the question or statement on lack of communication.

It is important to note that everyone is facing very different situations atm. For some the financial devastation will impact their life for the next five to ten years. For others it has simply meant less travel time to work. Expecting strong communication from the club isn’t ridiculous.

I don’t think you have read through the thread carefully.

He hasn’t said that we can just call and get a refund. That was what others said in reply to the question or statement on lack of communication.

It is important to note that everyone is facing very different situations atm. For some the financial devastation will impact their life for the next five to ten years. For others it has simply meant less travel time to work. Expecting strong communication from the club isn’t ridiculous.

What communication are people expecting on top of what has already gone out?

Until there is more certainty on the season the club can hardly be expected to offer refunds.

Maybe the club can say “when games recommence we’ll be in a better position to either recalculate your membership fees or provide a refund.” If they’ve said something like this I’ve missed it. All I’ve seen is a load of silence. Some certainty would be nice - even if it’s to say “a decision will be made later”.

I disagree that us season-ticket holders should be on the front foot contacting the club. I feel they should be keeping us informed. I’m eagerly awaiting my contact with them- there was an email a while back saying they would contact ALL members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the club can say “when games recommence we’ll be in a better position to either recalculate your membership fees or provide a refund.” If they’ve said something like this I’ve missed it. All I’ve seen is a load of silence. Some certainty would be nice - even if it’s to say “a decision will be made later”.

I disagree that us season-ticket holders should be on the front foot contacting the club. I feel they should be keeping us informed. I’m eagerly awaiting my contact with them- there was an email a while back saying they would contact ALL members.

There was an email sent out 5 days ago from the CEO:

We'll know more in a couple of weeks whether that will be soon or if we have to wait a little bit longer to get the season going again.

Understandably you want to find out as much as you can about how the format of the season will affect your membership entitlements.

But at this stage we are yet to have clarity on whether, for example, the 144 games are played in empty stadiums or a combination of some games with members and supporters in the stands and some without.

Given the current uncertainty about when the season will resume, we are continuing to deal with a lot of unknowns at the moment.

We genuinely understand and appreciate the challenges all of our members are facing and hope to be in a position by the end of April to present you with a range of options that are being worked on based on a number of different scenarios.

We don’t know exactly what that looks like at this stage, and clearly there is going to be different circumstances for everyone.

We will continue to work with each and every one of our members, taking into account your individual circumstances, to ensure we do the right thing by you.

Our members and supporters are the reason we exist as a club and you are the reason we will get through this.

That’s good. I didn’t see the word ‘refund’ anywhere in there though. It’s like how clubs avoid saying the F word until they’re entrenched in the top 8. And they keep taking the money from those of us on direct debit...

That’s good. I didn’t see the word ‘refund’ anywhere in there though. It’s like how clubs avoid saying the F word until they’re entrenched in the top 8. And they keep taking the money from those of us on direct debit...

Why would they use that word at the moment with so much uncertainty?

With all the issues going on at the moment I don't think the club has handled this poorly at all considering the circumstances.

They are communicating with the 50,000 members and are still doing media. As much as I have a problem with how Dale Alcock has performed in the job his interview today was pretty good.

Why would they use that word at the moment with so much uncertainty?

With all the issues going on at the moment I don't think the club has handled this poorly at all considering the circumstances.

They are communicating with the 50,000 members and are still doing media. As much as I have a problem with how Dale Alcock has performed in the job his interview today was pretty good.

Link?

Direct debits should have been frozen for a month or two until they know whats happening. Clubs are lucky that 90% of members will just let them keep the money, the fact they know this lets them get away with radio silence. If this was your local gym you wouldn't be so kind.

Direct debits should have been frozen for a month or two until they know whats happening. Clubs are lucky that 90% of members will just let them keep the money, the fact they know this lets them get away with radio silence. If this was your local gym you wouldn't be so kind.
They also need to be sure of what the future holds. If they refunded everyone their membership and then are playing in front of crowds again by end of June, do they try and get the money back?

They also need to be sure of what the future holds. If they refunded everyone their membership and then are playing in front of crowds again by end of June, do they try and get the money back?

Never said they should be refunding everyones membership although I don't think it's right to be taking direct debits on something you have no idea about either. The season is already down to 17 rounds so freezing direct debits isn't an issue even if by some miracle games are played in front of crowds again in 2020. Ultimately they know a high percentage of members will not ask for money back so they really don't NEED to do anything even though I think they should.

Never said they should be refunding everyones membership although I don't think it's right to be taking direct debits on something you have no idea about either. The season is already down to 17 rounds so freezing direct debits isn't an issue even if by some miracle games are played in front of crowds again in 2020. Ultimately they know a high percentage of members will not ask for money back so they really don't NEED to do anything even though I think they should.
Do they chase people for the remainder of their memberships if they stop their direct debits and the games with crowds start up again before letting them in the ground?

It's making it more complex.

Do they chase people for the remainder of their memberships if they stop their direct debits and the games with crowds start up again before letting them in the ground?

It's making it more complex.

They could easily do that yes, instead of x amount of direct debit its now x+y less z (which is max 8 home games instead of 11). It's not making it more complex its simply doing the right thing by your customer base that you care so much about. But again. This is just what I think should be happening, it clearly doesn't need to because football fans are so loyal the company doesn't need to worry.

They could easily do that yes, instead of x amount of direct debit its now x+y less z (which is max 8 home games instead of 11). It's not making it more complex its simply doing the right thing by your customer base that you care so much about. But again. This is just what I think should be happening, it clearly doesn't need to because football fans are so loyal the company doesn't need to worry.
It does make it more complicated. 50,000 members (as a round number) suddenly breaking into new groups of those who have paid partial memberships only getting access to part of the season, which part, which games, do they choose, can they pay the rest and get full access again - systems like this don't get build well quickly.

And it could all be kept simple by waiting until we have some clarity on what is actually happening this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Waiting to hear from the club about season tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back