Waiting to hear from the club about season tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

It does make it more complicated. 50,000 members (as a round number) suddenly breaking into new groups of those who have paid partial memberships only getting access to part of the season, which part, which games, do they choose, can they pay the rest and get full access again - systems like this don't get build well quickly.

And it could all be kept simple by waiting until we have some clarity on what is actually happening this year.

It's not as complicated as you are suggesting (there are already 100s of payment groups set up) but it is more effort than doing nothing and continuing to take the money you are right on that. Again, I am just coming from what I think is the right thing to do by your customer base but I admit they don't need to do anything because 90% of members will happily stump up the money.

I wasn't expecting any money back but if this happens I'll have to have a re think

As a fan I couldn’t care less where the hubs end up, the fact we are most likely getting some football in 2020 is amazing. If the hub ends up in Melbourne it might even help us down the line to get some more MCG experience.

I'd rather the hub was here so I could jog down and see some of the older bulldogs players training at HBF arena Joondalup.

Plus I think that WA will be clear of this a long time before Victoria and NSW, but it's a lot cheaper to host it all in one city where 10/18 teams already reside.

I'd rather the hub was here so I could jog down and see some of the older bulldogs players training at HBF arena Joondalup.

Plus I think that WA will be clear of this a long time before Victoria and NSW, but it's a lot cheaper to host it all in one city where 10/18 teams already reside.
The only thing it saves is the initial flights. Those 10 clubs would still need to be housed in the "village" for it to be viable, if they go earlier than general restrictions being eased. The issue for WA are the lack of grounds suitable for broadcasting AFL - if only Subi hadn't been demolished yet.

The only thing it saves is the initial flights. Those 10 clubs would still need to be housed in the "village" for it to be viable, if they go earlier than general restrictions being eased. The issue for WA are the lack of grounds suitable for broadcasting AFL - if only Subi hadn't been demolished yet.
I don't expect those 10 Victorian clubs to be in a locked down village, I expect they will live exactly as they are now in their own homes with their families.

I don't expect those 10 Victorian clubs to be in a locked down village, I expect they will live exactly as they are now in their own homes with their families.
If they are going villages I expect everyone will be in those villages. I also don't expect they will go villages.

It’s really difficult being so ‘out of pocket’, but I’ve absorbed it by telling myself and my family that it’s all part of ‘belonging to a club’. Our membership is $4,000 for the four of us. When you’re uncertain of who and for how long members of our household will keep our jobs, it’s hard to swallow. But, footy is our religion. Talking about it every night has been a diversion from that other thing that’s going on.

Being on BF has been a painful reminder of what we miss. We are not complaining - it is what it is, and we feel so grateful for what we have and where we are.

Things like who is and isn’t coaching Freo are insignificant now. We just miss football!

News like Hogan feeling better about life, and Sam Switowski paying for a disabled woman’s membership have reminded me why I love Fremantle - it’s the little things.

I’m hoping that somehow good will come of this for Freo and our supporters. We would be devastated if our club goes under, so maybe our membership this year will turn out to be more of a ‘donation’, as tough as that is.

So apparently West Coast members have been sent an email questionnaire seeking feedback about possible refunds.
Crickets from Docker Central......

Rumour has it that West Coast fans have been told that a refund and cancel of their membership will put their seats up for grabs for others. So not so keen then
They have been asked about a range of refunds with various percentage refunds, eg 25% refund the remainder as a donation to the club. It goes from 100% refund (and presumably membership cancel) to 100% donation. I don't associate with West Coast members so I don't know exactly how the email was worded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have been asked about a range of refunds with various percentage refunds, eg 25% refund the remainder as a donation to the club. It goes from 100% refund (and presumably membership cancel) to 100% donation. I don't associate with West Coast members so I don't know exactly how the email was worded.
Wonder what % donation they will need to generously give to keep their membership status?

Fair enough, we probably can't be as generous

I think West Coast were hamstrung with their options due to 90K supporters in a 60K stadium.

Unlike us, you have the option of providing free upgrades for 2021 if members stick with you for this year.

We have four option and can mix and match, for instance, we can pledge 50% and have 50% rolled over to credit a membership for next year.

Pledge
Credit
Pause
Cancel
Default is Credit. If you do nothing, members get creditted all unplayed/spectatorless games off next seasons membership.

Pause is by application only - its a full refund minus small membership component - but you retain your seats for next season.

From the CEO:

"With that in mind, we’re going to be in contact with our members next week with all of the options available regarding your 2020 membership."

We have four option and can mix and match, for instance, we can pledge 50% and have 50% rolled over to credit a membership for next year.

Pledge
Credit
Pause
Cancel
I think they are good options. Allows you to suppirt your club a bit, but also get some money back.

Hope freo gives similar options

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Question

If they give the option to donate the fees paid to date and pay out remaining fees for the season

Does this classify as a donation for tax purposes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Waiting to hear from the club about season tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back