Remove this Banner Ad

AT 2008

Senior List
Suspended
Oct 8, 2007
up your nose
AFL Club
Richmond
i don;t know if you guys have thought about this already - but - do you possibly think that this judd trade has gotten to a point where you are better off walking away?

talk of losing 3, 20,36, bower and Kennedy - for judd?

do you realise that if richmond do the deal for Judd - then carlton have a major chance of getting both Kruezer and Cotchin - keeping Kennedy & bower and pick 20 - and still - richmond would only be able to attain him in the PSD - as judd will refuse to sign any trade papers with richmond?

so basically - carlton could still steal judd - and burn richmond - by actually putting a $3.5 million price tag for 2 years on judds head?

evryone think carltons ability to pay judd a fortune for the first two years - possibly $2million a year for the first 2 is bull kaka - but personally - i don't

whats stopping fevola and waite halving their salaries over the next tweo years to get judd - and then behind closed doors - judd buys fev's restuarant off iof him for an inflated price - oh, lets say about half fevs annual salary too much?

or judd just giving money to his teammates for that matter

call the bluff carlton - keep the farm - and judd could still be a major possibility - cos i reckon richmond would absolutely shit themselves if judd put a price tag - at the very last day of electing for the PSD (to give as little time as possible for richmond to re-arrange there list) - a price tag of $3.5 to $4million over 2 years :eek:

richmond is calling everyone's bluff ATM - turn the tables and walk away from the trade - and see if richmond really have the balls to trade picks 2,18,19 and 30 - and hope they can afford to pick judd up in the PSD

keep the farm i say - you have some good cattle to lose here:thumbsu:

p.s - i am personally furious richmond are not just trying to deal with carlton to let judd go through to the PSD for them in exchange for pick 3 - as i would prefer to get cotchin and cale morton than judd and loss a fortune - i thought richmond would have more pride in themselves and the club to try and "trick" players to come over, against there will - they are tigers of they are not - no inbetween

finally a tigers supporter with some sense

That's not common sense, that is absurd. We will become the Collingwood of trading, nobody will touch us in the future....we are doing the honourable and correct thing in trying to deal 1 to 1 with WC....bottom line is they will still get the best deal with us.

• Banned
finally a tigers supporter with some sense

i just think it's pathetic we are focusing all our efforts into trying to get one player who doesn't want our love.

when wallace came over he said we would never trade ourselves out of the first round under his time at the club - now we are looking at trading 3 picks in the top 20 for one bloke -

richmond - much like carlton have been selling the word "patience" to it's members for the past 7 years they have sold us the idea of keeping picks and breeding our own - Wallace has spoken and pointed th finger at frawley at length - as to the reason we finished bottom is becuse of the massive age hole in our list due to trading away first rounders around 2000-2002 -

now he wants to trade away our 3 in the top 20 - and possibl, in reality - 4 in the top 20 if you count carltons offer of pick3 for the PSD thing - they are full of shit

and to be honest - if carlton trade pick 3,20, kennedy and bower - and especially pick 1 - they are no better - selling there members out with lies and back flips

walk away carlton -and see richmond and west coast shit a brick knowing that any chance of a deal that Judd agree's to is gone - and leaving some high end gambling and "trust" up to chance

Carlton aren't going to give up what is listed above.

Where would we put 2 players and 3 draft picks?

Our first and second round picks are between 3 and 36, so we would be unlikely to pass on 13 and use 20 etc.

2 players + 3 draft picks received + 2 draft picks held = 7 list spots. Never going to happen.

I'd be very surprised if any Judd trade involved more than a 3 for 1 (1 being Judd only) swap.

i just think it's pathetic we are focusing all our efforts into trying to get one player who doesn't want our love.

when wallace came over he said we would never trade ourselves out of the first round under his time at the club - now we are looking at trading 3 picks in the top 20 for one bloke -

richmond - much like carlton have been selling the word "patience" to it's members for the past 7 years they have sold us the idea of keeping picks and breeding our own - Wallace has spoken and pointed th finger at frawley at length - as to the reason we finished bottom is becuse of the massive age hole in our list due to trading away first rounders around 2000-2002 -

now he wants to trade away our 3 in the top 20 - and possibl, in reality - 4 in the top 20 if you count carltons offer of pick3 for the PSD thing - they are full of shit

and to be honest - if carlton trade pick 3,20, kennedy and bower - and especially pick 1 - they are no better - selling there members out with lies and back flips

walk away carlton -and see richmond and west coast shit a brick knowing that any chance of a deal that Judd agree's to is gone - and leaving some high end gambling and "trust" up to chance

What makes you sure we are selling the farm?? It willbe nowhere near this price, 3, JK and perhpas an upgrade of WCE picks at a pinch seems to be popular opinion

That's not common sense, that is absurd. We will become the Collingwood of trading, nobody will touch us in the future....we are doing the honourable and correct thing in trying to deal 1 to 1 with WC....bottom line is they will still get the best deal with us.

you have done the honourable thing - you offered pick 3,20 and kennedy - thats mcuh fairer than anything collingwood ever offered for stevens

walk away - keep your boys - kruezer, cotchin, , gibbs, walker, murphy, fevola, waite, simpson , stevens , Russell, carrazzo, kennedy - alls these boys are good enough to build success around - with or without judd - trust there abilities.

well it had sense compared to the other drivell coming from other tigers supporters!!

i am over it Gilly, i think i will pretend its 1995 and watch re runs of that great year!!

This is rubbish. Eagles do not have the room to use all those picks and have both those players on their list. They will not even be offered close to that.

well, richmond have offered 2,18 &19 - so you have to better that - and they dont consider 3, 20 and kennedy better than that. so how are you going to offer more than that without giving up players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well, richmond have offered 2,18 &19 - so you have to better that - and they dont consider 3, 20 and kennedy better than that. so how are you going to offer more than that without giving up players?

But this is what most Richmond supporters and KB (in particular) are forgetting, Judd has to sign off on it or WCE risk getting zip and losing him to the PSD....

FFS, why is this so difficult for people to understand??

Have the Tiges considered that giving all they are suggesting to WCE will mean NEITHER of us will be able to beat them for the next 5 years or so.......Judd or no Judd.

IMO Tiges are doing this for one reason only.
TO push us into givng pick 1 so they can get Kreuzer.

Stand firm Blues.
End of story.

But this is what most Richmond supporters and KB (in particular) are forgetting, Judd has to sign off on it or WCE risk getting zip and losing him to the PSD....

oi - gilly -i do understand read the original post mate:rolleyes:

thats why i am saying walk away and see if richmond really would offer 2, 18 &19 for the "chance" to get judd in the PSD for "IF" they can afford the price on his head

i rckon richmond are bluffing you all extremely well into thinking we are a real threat - and we aren't we are screwing with carlton to get you to trade pick 1

walk away and leave richmond and west coast to "strike a deal" without the players support - and then wath them both shit a brick

The Eagles can only deal with one club, that's Carlton. Richmond can offer Pick 2, 18 & 19, Richo, Brown, Dyer, Honeybun, Chicken-head Bourke, Jurica, the Grog Squad, Thy-Thy Restaurant in Victoria St....whatever, but the Eagles cannot accept an offer from the Tiges during trade week so it is insignificent. If the Eagles do not deal with the Blues, they will get a big fat NOTHING for him!

oi - gilly -i do understand read the original post mate:rolleyes:

thats why i am saying walk away and see if richmond really would offer 2, 18 &19 for the "chance" to get judd in the PSD for "IF" they can afford the price on his head

i rckon richmond are bluffing you all extremely well into thinking we are a real threat - and we aren't we are screwing with carlton to get you to trade pick 1

walk away and leave richmond and west coast to "strike a deal" without the players support - and then wath them both shit a brick

IMO that's dirty business and risky......I'm sure Swann has gone through all the possibilities, is a shrewd man and a transparent and simple deal is the best way to get this done, playing list wise, yes we could keep Kennedy and use picks 1 and 3, but the fact is we have a very young list and are very thin in experienced leaders to help out the kids, Judd will be fantastic for the development of Gibbs and Murphy, but move beyond playing list considerations....fact is Judd is worth far more to a club than his on-field influence.....sponsorship deals, membership....Judd is the icing on our off-field resurgance's cake..

The Eagles can only deal with one club, that's Carlton. Richmond can offer Pick 2, 18 & 19, Richo, Brown, Dyer, Honeybun, Chicken-head Bourke, Jurica, the Grog Squad, Thy-Thy Restaurant in Victoria St....whatever, but the Eagles cannot accept an offer from the Tiges during trade week so it is insignificent. If the Eagles do not deal with the Blues, they will get a big fat NOTHING for him!

actually read the original thread mate - i know all this - jeesh!

richmond can trade with west coast to let judd fall through to the PSD - ala "veale" deal

YOU MIGHT HAVE TO USE BABY TALK, come to think of it that probably would not work either.

DEAL WILL BE DONE TODAY

you
IMO that's dirty business and risky......I'm sure Swann has gone through all the possibilities, is a shrewd man and a transparent and simple deal is the best way to get this done, playing list wise, yes we could keep Kennedy and use picks 1 and 3, but the fact is we have a very young list and are very thin in experienced leaders to help out the kids, Judd will be fantastic for the development of Gibbs and Murphy, but move beyond playing list considerations....fact is Judd is worth far more to a club than his on-field influence.....sponsorship deals, membership....Judd is the icing on our off-field resurgance's cake..

you have tried to deal with them - and they aren't being reasonable

3,20 & Kennedy was a good deal - but they are asking for more

losing kennedy will be shattering IMO - as he wants to stay, and he is a talent

they obviously dont rate kennedy at all if they would prefer 2,18,19 over 3,20 & kennedy

offer thornton and russell instead of Kennedy - try and work hawthorn into it with a swap of thronton for boyle to west coast

or - if u like trade kennedy to richmond for pick 18:thumbsu: i would take that -

YOU MIGHT HAVE TO USE BABY TALK, come to think of it that probably would not work either.

DEAL WILL BE DONE TODAY

YOU MAY NEED TO GET YOUR MUM TO READ THE POST FOR YOU - AS IT CLEARLY STATES I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING - AND I HAVE TAKEN THAT INTO ACCOUNT:rolleyes:

We should tell the Eagles we wont trade with them for Judd. Watch Richmond's offer disappear. Watch WCE come running back to us to accept 3 + Kennedy on the last day of trading.

Ahhh, I can dream.....

I don't think that is too much of a dream, the writing is on the wall, accept a very reasonable trade with us or get zip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Walk Away Now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back